Girls Are From Venus

The Red String Of Fate

yay!!!!update!!!!...and like i said...the stories gonna go by fast for the next couple of chaps!!!!...ergo the fastforward to april...btw...basing off the korean school year off the canadian one!!!!...couldnt be bothered to search it up...anyways...hope you guys like!!!!

8 Months Later

It was April now and winter was starting to melt into spring. Wow, I made it through my first year of high school and intact too! Well, nearly…just two more months to go! As usual, you were the first amongst your friends to reach your lunch table and you sat there in silence, staring at the cold porridge in front of you.

“Ugh, the lunch lines are so long!”, Seul Ki grumbled as she plopped into her seat, your other friends joining her.

“The reason why you bring a home made lunch!”, you lifted your thermos of porridge with a slight grimace.

“What’s with the sick food?” Seul Ki asked as she picked at her noodles.

You open your mouth and point at your braces. “Got them tightened yesterday, no real food for a while now”, you heave a sigh.

Min Ah, one of your other friends nodded sympathetically. “It , but it’s all definitely worth it for nice teeth!”

Shrugging, you agreed half heartedly while picking at your food. Yeah… I guess it is, but right now it sure doesn’t seem worth it. At least I’m grateful I don’t have glasses, otherwise I’d look perfect for the part of a geeky girl.

Dropping her chopsticks loudly, Seul Ki clapped her hands together. “That’s right! I wanted to ask you guys if you’re going to go to the spring formal…so are you?”

You and Min Ah shook your heads no, but everyone else nodded. Well that’s expected, half of them have boyfriends and the other half are going to just hang out together. I don’t get why it has to be at the dance? I’d rather stay at home, which is what I’m doing.

“Well, since all of you are going, I guess I’ll go too.”, Min Ah said.

Everyone turned to look at you expectedly now, Seul Ki especially. “Please come _____? Hmm? We’ll have so much fun together!”, she pleaded, her eyes wide and very puppy like.

You shook your head again. “What am I going to do there? Most of you have your boyfriends and as much fun as it would be hanging out with you guys, you know that I prefer spending my time at home rather than having my heart jump out of my chest every five minutes cuz of the loud music.”

Seul Ki’s face fell. “So you’re not going cuz you don’t have a boyfriend? You know I’ll hang out with you, Hyun Woo and me aren’t like joined to the hip.”

But you still said no. Silence fell and you could hear the wheels turning in Seul Ki’s mind and all of a sudden her face lit up. Wonder what kind of solution she came up with… But Seul Ki remained quiet. Huh… She’d usually be all over me, barely able to contain her excitement at how brilliant she is. Though you were curious, you thought you were better off not knowing, after all, experience warned you against it. The crazy schemes she comes up…

Seul Ki’s POV

So she doesn’t want to feel like a third wheel…which means that she won’t come unless she’s got a date of her own… Well, that can be solved!

She smiled happily to herself, pleased at solving the problem. Spotting ____’s curious expression, she grinned even wider. Sorry ____, but this stays a secret! If you knew what I had planned you’d reject it immediately.

The day ended and as always, ____ walked home with Joong Ki and her. Chattering away with Joong Ki, ____ didn’t notice how strangely quiet she was being. It’s a good thing ____ can get along with oppa…though how she can stand him is still a mystery to me! My plan’s already like completed…save for one little nudge which I shall provide with great pleasure!

Finally the three of them reached ____’s house. “Bye bye ____!”, she said giving ____ a hug, and shouting after ____, she added, “And make sure to think about what we talked about today at lunch!” ____ just shook her head and walked in without a word.

Resuming their trip home, Joong Ki bumped her shoulders. “What did you talk about at lunch?”

“Hmm…nothing really!”

“Then why’d you tell ____ to think about it? Obviously its something important…”

Walking a little fast, she turned abruptly in front of Joong Ki, stopping him in his steps. “Oppa, what do you think of ____?”, she looked up at him expectantly.

Flustered, Joong Ki let out a weird laugh. Narrowing his eyes at her questioningly, he said “And we’re asking this out of the blue because?”

“Just answer the question oppa!”

“She’s not bad, I like her…like I’ve liked her for about 11 years now.”, he said shrugging his shoulders. “Now why’d you ask?” She softened her face at his response and gave a bright smile. “Okay…you only use that face whenever you want something…out with it, come on.”

In a sugary sweet voice, she continued, “Oppa, why don’t you ask ____ to the spring formal?”

“No.”, Joong Ki rolled his eyes and stepping to the side, continued walking home.

Hurrying to his side, she linked her hands through his arm. “Please oppa? It’s not like you already have a date and it is your last year of high school! You can’t just miss out on a dance like this, they’re memories!”

“But why ____?”

“Can’t you just ask her? It’s not like you don’t like her…”, she pouted, but at the shake of Joong Ki’s head, she sighed and continued, “I want her to go to the formal with me cuz I don’t want to be there alone…but she won’t go unless she’s got a date cuz she feels like a third wheel otherwise…Happy?”

Staring at you weirdly, Joong Ki nodded his head. “Alright then, I’ll ask her.” Walking away, she heard him mutter under his breath, “I swear girls are a whole different species…so weird.”

Watching his back, she clapped softly with a huge smile. Yay! It’s a success! ____ doesn’t have any reason not to come now!

BTW!!!!THE THING ABOUT THE GEEKY LOOK IS JUST CUZ OF THE STEREOTYPE OF THEM!!!!...its kinda importantish for later...I MEAN NO OFFENSE!!!!...if anyone took offense...plus ive got glasses sooo...but yup...this was just in case!!!!

hmm...nothing to say other than PLEASE COMMENT!!!!i luv hearing what yall have to say!!!!plus it motivates me...selfish selfish...but the truths the truth!!!!so please just drop me a word or two!!!!thnxies!!!!and i hope you enjoyed!!!!