The Day It All Started

The Red String Of Fate

sooo...first chapter!!!!yay!!!!...not really since im not all that satisfied with it...hopefully it gets better!!!!...starting this one off was a bit hard so im hoping thats the only reason why i dont quite like it...also,anything in between the ***s is a memory...anyways...i hope you guys enjoy!!!!

The first day of kindergarten, a day filled with excitement and fear, but an important day for sure, the start of the process of growing up and more importantly, the place where I met one of the most important person in my life. I remember it like it was yesterday...

 

***


In your blue summer dress, you skipped along hand in hand with your mother, your bag bouncing behind you. You chattered incessantly on the way about this and that with no apparent train of thought just like everyone did at the age of 4. Finally the school appeared in front and suddenly the excitement that has been coursing through you changed to intense shyness. You quickly hid behind your mother's back, peeking out ever so often to take a look around you and at the other kids arriving. When you entered the classroom, you were assaulted by the loud crying of the students who were clinging onto their mothers in an attempt to not be left behind. Staring at the scene with childish wonder, you spot a girl sitting quietly at a table coloring away. Seeing how calm she was, you decided kindergarten wouldn’t be so bad so you let go of your mother’s hand and after saying goodbye, you walked over to her.

Sitting in the chair beside her, you turned to her and said, “Hi, I’m Lee ____.”

Still holding the crayon in her hand, she turned to you too. “My name’s Song Seul Ki. Wanna be friends?”

Smiling, you nodded and together the two of you colored away, sealing a friendship that will last throughout your lives.

 

***

 

Someone bumped your shoulder as they sat down at the lunch table, “Hey, what were you thinking about?”

Shaking yourself out of your reverie, you turn to the girl who had just joined you. “Nothing much, but what took you so long Ki Ki?”

Your best friend let out a long groan. “Must you call me that? My stupid brother heard you and he’s forever calling me that now, that pain in the .”

You just laughed and ate your lunch. You let Seul Ki rattle on about the latest thing her brother had done to annoy her, half listening. You were actually glad he was there, though it was his last year, but at least he had helped with the transition into high school. Being gorgeous and smart, he was well liked by everyone and being his sister and his sister’s best friend, it ensured that you two weren’t teased mercilessly by the seniors. He took the role of overprotective brother quite seriously and you were dragged along into that net of protectiveness too. He was like the brother you never had, though of course you didn’t have to live with him, which, by Seul Ki’s descriptions, was a thing to be thankful for.

“Ugh, I swear the next time he does that I’m going to go all ape on him!”, Seul Ki said, emphasizing her point by slamming her juice onto the table.

“Now now Ki Ki, let’s not take out our anger on the poor innocent juice.” A hand stretched toward the juice in between the two of you. Grabbing the glass, and nudging his way in, he separated the two of you. “Now, what were you saying Ki Ki? I thought I heard my name in there.”

Gritting her teeth, Seul Ki said nothing, but glared ahead of her and chewed ferociously. You silently laughed at the exchange. Shrugging, he proceeded to pick out food from both of your trays. Hmm, I give her about 30 more seconds before she blows.

True to your prediction, about 30 seconds later Seul Ki blew up. “Get lost Oppa! Go eat out of the trays of your friends and leave me and ____ alone! I see enough of your ugly face at home!”, and she pulled her tray to the far left.

Grinning, he turned to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulders. “Is my little sister right ____? Am I that ugly?”

Stifling a laugh, you nodded your head slightly. “You’re not exactly my type Joong Ki oppa, I think I’ll have to agree with Seul Ki on this one.” Though that couldn’t be further from the truth…

Clasping his chest dramatically, he proceeded to get up. “The two of you have hurt me enough today, I’m leaving.”, he said theatrically and you laughed at his back as you watched him go in search of his own group.

Her face twisting, Seul Ki stuck her tongue out at his retreating back. “Acting like he’s something great…hmph…”

Shaking your head laughing, you said, “Oh just eat Seul Ki, you know you get grumpy when you haven’t eaten properly.”

was wondering...for the memories should i use a different colour to make it stand out more????...hmm...tell me what you think!!!!and please do leave me a comment about how you liked this chapter!!!!bad or good ill be grateful for either!!!!thnxies!!!!