Chapter 4

Tables Are Turned

"Yoboseyo?"

"Suzy, she's back."

"What? Who's back?"

"Park Ji Yeon..."

 

 

 

 

 

I've been back in Seoul for a good 2 weeks now and everything has been going smoothly. So far so good. I've also made a couple of friends, Yoona, our dorm president, Minji ,my dorm mate and IU ,Suzy's new dorm mate. I wish her luck, she'll need it a lot. Oh and I forgot about Zelo, he has been keeping me company for... Well, almost everyday. That kid has never left me alone, not that I hated his company, ever since we first met that day. He would always be on time, at exactly 8:00 am you'd hear him knocking on our door calling out my name as cheerfully as he can. Minji thinks he's annoying and yet still insists on telling me to give the boy a chance, not that he's actually asking me to go out with him or be his girlfriend. He would just bring me breakfast everyday and would always give me a free tour of the university. That's not dating right? Well, at least I don't think it is. I hope we're on the same page here, 'cause I don't want any misunderstandings between the two of us.

 

Though I find it adorable how when I mentioned to him that I liked riding bikes and the next day he brought two bikes with him on the campus. He insisted that it was not illegal to go biking on the campus but later on one professor saw us and was about to reprimand us but then he saw Zelo, oddly enough he just smiled approvingly at me and left us two alone again. 

But for a few days now I can't help but notice how restless he was becoming. He would call my attention, as if he was about to ask something, but he would later on tell me to forget all about it. It was as if something was bothering him, so today while we were eating together inside the tent he brought in the campus, (Yes, he can do whatever the heck he wants.) I asked him all about it and he almost choked on water. He kept coughing and coughing I got so nervous that I tried hitting his back to get the water out as hard as I can. That's first aid right? No? Really?

"Noo-noo-noona!" I stopped hitting him just to hear what he had to say. "Please, sto-sto-hop hitting me. You're ma-making i-it wo-horst!" he managed to talk some sense in me. "Oh my God, Zelo, I'm sorry. I thought I was helping." 

 

Annnd that was the last time I ever saw Zelo again. Kidding. Kidding. He's taking a phone call right now and I'm busying myself admiring how this grass in front of me was so green, so beautiful, so nature-y. Okay, I am super bored! Winter's taking so long, I really need some adrenaline into this college life of mine. 

 

I wish I never said that. 

 

"Noona, my sister is coming home early!" Zelo informed me with a smile. Oh God! Noooooo! Somebody hide me, I have a feeling we're not going to get along really well. "Noona, I'm gonna go back home and inform our dad, wait for me here, I want you to come with me to pick her up at the airport. My dad keeps on insisting that we should all have dinner together and this is the perfect chance!" My jaw dropped. Dinner? With the family? Zelo, please tell me you're joking, I can't have you thinking there's something going on between us....... And he did it. He kissed me on my forehead and smiled at me. "That's the answer to your question a while ago. I've been dying to do this." 

 

 

 

I wanted to cry. No, I wanted to hide for the rest of my life. Scratch that, I wanted to hide and cry for the rest of my life. I did not know why I was being like this, I mean, Zelo's not that bad and I don't see anything wrong with dating a guy who's 2 years younger than me but it just doesn't seem right. I feel like I've been leading him on for the past days, he might have gotten the wrong idea. My guilt's eating me up from the inside. I can't have him thinking that there's something here when there clearly isn't. I don't know him enough to even date him and from what I've been hearing he's good friends with people who are, let's just say, self absorbed bastards who thinks they're too damn good for anyone. Kind of like me 2 years ago.  And I hate myself two years ago more than anyone else in this planet. How do I get out of this mess? Somebody help me! 

 

"Minji! What do I do?" I asked her as I paced back and forth. "I can't possibly go there and meet his father! I mean why else is he introducing me to his family? He might have gotten a wrong idea on what's going on between us!" Minji just looked at me dumbfounded. "You're seriously worried about meeting his father?" she asked me sarcastically. "Hello! Suzy is back and you're about to eat dinner with her in a few hours now! That's what you should be worrying about, it's like eating dinner with the devil!" 

"Oh come on! Maybe it won't be that bad!" 

 

 

Wrong.

 

It was hella bad! The moment Suzy and I laid eyes on each other on the airport she instantly hated me. Why do I know that you ask? I don't know maybe it's just the way she looks at me as if she wants the ground to swallow me alive or maybe it's the way she repeated my name after Zelo introduced me to her. "Jiyeon..." she says with absolute disgust. Okay it's official! Hell is empty the devil's right here sitting beside me in a van. 

 

If she's being like this with me now, I wonder how she would be like later on. I hope she doesn't stab me with a fork while eating dinner.