CHAPTER ONE. I can't let go

Jaejoong's Diary

It was 9pm, when the tall man entered his, now, empty apartment that before was filled with happiness where he was always greeted with a gentle smile saying “Okaeri”.
Not that he wasn’t used to the emptiness, since the past 7 months the apartment was like that, empty and lifeless. But now he was sure that it was going to continue like this forever.

The memories of their last moment were still there. His scent, his warmness and his smile were still in the man’s head.
It was painful. His eyes were already all swollen from spending the whole day crying, and his voice was like a whisper of too many apologies.

He went to take a bath, trying to relax for a while…

His name is Park Yoochun. He’s 27 years old and he has just lost the love of his life.
He was a high school English teacher, and he has fallen for one of his students 5 years ago, Kim Jaejoong.

 

 

Jaejoong suffered from a strange heart disease since he was a kid, and he knew he hadn’t much life time. Even though, he wanted to fall in love, he wanted to have someone who he could call “best friend”.
He finally managed to get both of them, but the time for him had come.
Jaejoong passed away one week ago, leaving alone his beloved husband, Park Yoochun.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoochun, who had fell in a deep sleep last night after showering, had woken up thanks to the sun lights shining on his face.

Again, it was 9am.
Again he was in front of the graveyard.
Again, holding one single sunflower in hand.

This has been his schedule during the past one week. Since Jaejoong died he could do anything else.
Everyday he would wake up, clean himself, change clothes, stop in the flower shop to buy a sunflower and then spend the whole afternoon crying and talking to the grave.
And everyday he did the same question: “When are you coming home?”

 

He hadn’t changed anything of position in the apartment he shared with Jaejoong.

Nothing.

The last glass that Jaejoong used to drink water was in the same position when they left home.
Jaejoong’s toothbrush was still in the sink.
Jaejoong’s towel was still in the bathroom.
Jaejoong’s clothes were still hanging in the closet door.

Nothing has change.

 

It’s not that Yoochun didn’t want to. He tried to. Jaejoong said him to move forward after that. But he just… couldn’t.
He didn’t want to lose Jaejoong’s memories. Jaejoong’s presence in that house. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1am and he was still awake. He wasn’t sure why but that night, in special, he couldn’t sleep.
The clock’s ‘tic-tac’ was killing him.

“How am I supposed to live like this…?”

Tic… Tac…

“I promised I wouldn’t follow you but… I feel so empty… It feels so empty”

Tic…. Tac…

 

Yoochun then, moved to Jaejoong’s side of the bed which was so cold now.

“It’s cold……… I’m cold”

He said while putting his arms under the pillow, which he hasn’t touched since a week ago,  trying to hug the pillow when he felt something strange under it.
It was like a book. A bulky notebook. It actually was a notebook.

The sudden discovery of the notebook intrigued Yoochun. He turned the lights on; it was a black covering with two little white letters in the left corner, “JJ”

“What’s….”

Yoochun opened the notebook and in the first page it was written:

“ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH”

Kim Jaejoong

 

“Jaejoong’s Diary”

 

Yoochun’s was amused. He didn’t knew about the existence of this diary. Well, actually he did, in parts. He had always noticed, since they started living together 2 years ago, that every time, late of the night, Jaejoong was writing something in a notebook. He had never really thought about it, since Jaejoong was a student and he must be writing random things about the subject though.

Yoochun continued.

 

August18th

Dear Diary,

My name is Kim Jaejoong and I’m currently 16 years old. It’s been 3 months since I’m in this hospital and I decided to write up what happens to me when I feel I’m up to do it.
The reason why I’m doing it it’s because I don’t really have much time left. I have a strange heart disease, which makes the heart weaker… It means that time to time there will be not pressure enough to spread blood through all my body, and I, wil,l consequently, die.
It’s not my first time in the hospital, you know. I’m even kind of used to it.
But, you know… I feel sad. As I’m always in the hospital I don’t have much friends, more specifically, I can’t make friends. So I never get to have someone to visit me and ask how I am today… I know it sounds stupid but… My parents are always working trying to pay the hospital bills so… I can’t really ask them it.

I’m just a bit lonely… I don’t have someone to call ‘best friend’ and till now I don’t even get to have a boyfriend. Yes, you did hear it right, I’m a guy but I like guys too. Strange? I don’t know… I just always catch myself checking out more guys than girls….  But no problems! I’ll still find my love! Kim Jaejoong, Fighting! ----Though I haven’t even had my…. My… my first kiss…

Yoochun smiled, after one week, he finally truly smiled thinking about Jae’s innocence that time.

WELL! *shakes the head* anyway, tomorrow the doctor said I could leave the hospital! And mom and dad said I could also go to a new school… to try to make new friends. I’m really excited!!! \o/
Hmm… I keep wondering if I this is going to be a new year for me…
HERE I GO!!!!

 

Yoochun smiled a bit. He remembers it. He remembers the first time he got to know Jaejoong.
Yoochun is 5 years older than Jaejoong, so he was a English teacher in the school.
He slowly closed his eyes and started to remember

Flashback

It was Yoochun’s first year in his new job as a foreign language  teacher. He was teaching the high schoolers.
It was the middle of the year and he had a transferred student in his class.

He did remember it.

“Hmmmm, so class, it looks like we’re going to have a new student from today on…”

“Heeeeeeee”

“His name is Kim Jaejoong, so treat him well okay”

“Ne, seonsaengnim

Jaejoong entered the classroom wearing a red scarf and black glasses. It looked a bit geeky but cute though.

“Ah… I’m… I’m.. MYNAMEISKIMJAEJOONGPLEASETAKECAREOFME”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

Jaejoong put his head down while blushing. Since he had never had friends, he actually was very shy and got all nervous in front of other people.

“YAH guys! Don’t bully him. He’s just scared!”

Then, Yoochun put his hands of the smaller shoulder and whispered: “Don’t worry, they’re not bad”

Jaejoong just looked up to his new seonsaegnim, he was red as a tomato.

Yoochun didn’t knew why but he, unconsciously, gave his new student a soft smile.

 

And with the 16 years old, face red as a tomato, Jaejoong, Yoochun could fall asleep silently and with a gentle smile planted on his face…
 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIST CHAPTER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, what did you think? Please comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

English it's not my first language so i'm sorry for the mistakes.... '-'

But yeah... the chapters are going to be like this one... Jaejoong's diary and Yoochun's flashback :D

So yeah.. JJ already died... --SORRY DON'T KILL ME--
But it's gonna be cute.... sad end though... i mean start... i mean... you got it '-'

Anyway, don't forget to comment please!!!!