chapter 5

Affairs of the Heart

 

"I'm 26..." he said.
 
WHATTT?!?! mom and dad expect me to marry someone this old??
 
 
I took a deep breath.
 
"You know how old i am right?" i asked him, still being formal.
 
"Yeah 17, and i don't plan on marrying a child, illegal you know" he said in his arrogant voice. oh how i wanted to smash his face.
 
"Yeah sure...anyways-" he cut me off -__- Rude much?
 
"Anyways i'm gonna tell them i don't want to marry a child and the wedding will be off" he said in an arrogant voice again. I wish it was that easy.
 
"Sure do what you want just know i'm not going to be a part of your little plan" he's old enough to be me ahjushi and they're planning to get us married? But i like someone else...
 
***
 
"Melissa so how did your meeting go?" my mom asked with fishy eyes.
 
"Could've been better..." i mumbled and went to my room.
 
 
2 MONTHS PAST
 
Sohyun has dumped another boyfriend, i think she has a problem with guys now. 
 
Infinite is doing fantastic with their tour and they'll be coming back tomorrow.
 
And me and Jaejoong...well we're getting married. apparently his parents said that if he doesn't get married to me then they will drop him from their will and leave everyone for someone else. It's not like i wanted to get married to him. 
 
Sohyun is the only one that knows about the marriage even Hoya doesn't know...he'll probably kill me when he finds out.
 
Infinite is going to freak since none of them know either, i think they'll be pissed off. 
 
Maybe i should tell them about it when they come? I mean i''m going to get married in a month so i might as well tell him? Thankfully the public doesn't know about their precious Kim JaeJoong's wedding, if they did i'd probably be getting a lot of threats. 
 
"Melissa~~ when are you going to pick out your wedding dress?"  mom asked me i was getting a little irritated with the whole wedding thing. I mean come on i was still in school and getting married to someone that old? Who wouldn't be irritated?
 
"Mom stop it, not now i don't want the whole wedding thing to get in the way of my school" i told her. She looked  at me with an irritated look.
 
"You're getting married in a month and you haven't done anything. And you haven't even told anyone about it. Not even Hoya" 
 
"That's because i don't want anyone to know about this marriage...do you have any idea how this is going to ruin my life?  maybe you should've thought about me a little more and about your business a little less?"
 
"Stop complaining you knew this was gonna happen...anyways we're going to see The Kim Family later don't forget that" she lastly said and left my room.
 
I threw my pillow at the wall in frustration. I can't believe this day is coming so fast. And you wanna know the worse part? In most arranged marriages the couples don't like to spend their first night together and never loose their innocence until they're divorced and married to who they want, but guess what? I FREAKEN have to! Ugh i don't even want to think about it. But here is how it goes its something like a family tradition? Whether you love the person or not you're supposed to spend your first night together and loose your 'innocence' and then give birth to a future successor. Crazy huh? I'm only in high school and eww i don't even want to think about it...
 
***
 
 
Me and JaeJoong were stating to get kinda used to the whole planning thing but didn't want anything to do about it.