Chapter4

Affairs of the Heart

 

 
5,4,3,2,1
 
"Melissa! Sorry please forgive your Oppa?" Hoya pleaded.
 
" hmm i don't know should I?" i played around with him for another 10 minutes and then their manager called again. I'm gonna miss them, so much.
 
 
A week past.
 
Today was my first way going to school. I was so scared because my Korean wasn't excellent, and most students will probably judge me because i'm not used to Korean manners and traditions.
 
Me and Sohyun got our schedules and went to find out classes. We only had one class together :(. 
 
"Everyone please quiet down!" The teacher had to yell, because the class was too noisy.
 
"Everyone this is Melissa Lee. A transfer student from U.S.A." The teacher. Ms.Park said to the class i could already see girls glaring at me and guys with their laser eyes. HMH this is going to be a long year. At least i'll be able to rely on Sohyun and DongJun right?
 
 
The day went by slowly and nothing really happened except that couple guys asked out on a date. But sadly i had to say NO.
 
AT HOME
 
 
"Melissa you a phone call from someone named Kim Dong Jun" mom told me. Finally he called me i thought he forgot all about me.
 
"Hello?" DongJun answered his phone.
"Dongjun! its me Melissa i missed you so much already, wanna meet up somewhere and talk?" i almost yelled in the phone.
 
SILENCE.
 
"...I'm sorry Melissa i have to go...we have practice right now" DongJun said and hung up the phone. So much for being there for me.
 
I wonder what that was about. But i missed him so much and he just hands up on me? that's sad.
 
'Sohyun you wanna o shopping?" of course she'll wanna go shopping, that's her favorite thing to do. 
 
"sorry Melissa i have a date right now" Sohyun answered all dressed up with a huge smile on her face. Really? we've been in Korea for only a week and already a date? i thought you loved my brother? tsk she's so bipolar.
 
I was sitting and just looking through my phone bored. Sohyun is on a date. Hoya oppa is busy with the come back, and DongJun is busy practicing. I feel like i never have anyone there for me anymore.
 
"Omma imma go outside for a little!" i told my mom and was about to leave when she yelled back.
 
"Hold up Melissa we don't have time so don't go and get dressed in a pretty, formal outfit and come with me and your dad...I think its time for you to meet your fiancee. 
 
"What?!?...But mom can't we meet HIM some other year? I mean i'm only 17..." I  was trying to reason with her. Of course i knew that there's no way out of it and that ill have to meet him no matter what.
 
And of course I was the one getting married only because I was the biological daughter, if it wasn't for that then Sohyun would be getting married since she's a couple months older and we adopted her? Since she was LIKE a part of our family why not just make her a part...That's what my parents thought.
 
Sometimes i regret it.
 
 
Sometimes I regret Sohyun even being part of our family, because she gets better treatment than me from my parents.
 
Don't get me wrong i'm not the spoiled type of daughter, I just need some attention sometimes. 
 
I got dressed up in a cute warm outfir since it was cold outside already.
Click for image :)
 
"Melissa let's go we're gonna be late!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. 
 
I went downstairs quickly, got my shoes on and went into our car.
 
We arrived at a fancy restaurant. Looks familiar...My family's. We have a lot so i can't memorize all of them.
 
We went inside and there was an old couple sitting and a man maybe in his mid 20's? Oh God please don't let it be that guy. 
 
We walked to the couple and surely it was THAT guy.
 
"Hello Mrs. and Mr.Kim my parents greeted them with a bow so did I.
 
"This must be your lovely daughter Melissa?" Mrs.Kim asked my parents with a warm smile. I could sense that she was a sweet lady.
 
"yes yes this is Melissa my youngest daughter" my mother introduced me. 
 
I got up and bowed politely and flashed a smile towards them. 
 
"This is out JaeJoong" Mr.Kim introduced his son.
 
We both got up and bowed towards each other.
 
I have to admit this bowing thing is getting annoying already. Why does Korea have to be so complicated?
 
Our parents talked for 20, 30, 40, minutes and we just sat there quietly.
 
"Maybe we should let the kids talk a little while we go outside?" my mom asked.
 
"Oh of course, I almost forgot they were here. I'm sorry Melissa you must be curious about Jaejoong...well we'll let you both talk"  my parents and Mrs and Mr Kim got up and left. 
 
Finally freedom.
 
Silence Again. 
 
"Let's make it clear I don't like the idea of this marriage and at my age i should be able to make life choices by myself" Jaejoong said in a cold voice quickly.
 
"I don't like it either. But i don't like disappointing my parents and everyone knew was coming sooner or later. By the way how old are you?" i asked him. Trying to stay calm and not act rude.
 
"I'm 26..." he said.
 
WHATTT?!?! mom and dad expect me to marry someone this old??
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here's some love for you guys HEHE :D