Chapter 4

Stay with me, Kim Himchan

 

It was one hour after Yongguk had sat down beside Himchan. They had talked about all kinds of things; about Himchan’s first day of school, his first embarrassing encounter with Yongguk, how he met Jongup, and just meaningless things, but for Himchan it wasn’t meaningless at all, he loved every minute he got to spend with Yongguk.

 

“Do you want another beer?” Yongguk looked at Himchan and smiled shyly while moving his hands over to the table to grab a beer.

 

“Yes, please.” Himchan smiled back at the older boy and nervously motioned his hand towards Yongguk’s to grab the bottle, and as he did his hand met Yongguk’s. The older looked down and smirked while the other blushed as he pulled the bottle out of Yongguk’s hand.

 

They both drank in silence. They both exchanged stares a few times, Himchan examined Yongguk’s face while he thought the other wasn’t looking and Yongguk did the same. Every now and then their eyes met and they got lost in each other’s eyes. Himchan felt his entire body getting warmer every minute he spent with this handsome, yet mysterious man. He almost got surprised at himself for having such strong feeling for him when he didn’t even know that much about him. Himchan wasn’t the type of guy to trust other people easily.

 

“Yah!” A boy unknown to Himchan appeared in front of the two boys, making Himchan spill his drink all over his shirt in surprise.

 

“Don’t be so loud, Daehyun! What is it?” Yongguk looked up at the blond boy, who were now looking at Himchan’s soaked shirt and then back at Yongguk.

 

“…I was just… You were so quiet and it was getting annoying!” He pouted his plump lips, and then looked down at Himchan again and pointed at his shirt. “He needs to take off his shirt.” The expression on Yongguk’s face when he heard what the blond boy said was priceless.

 

“W-what?! Yah, you ert!” Yongguk got up from the chair he had been sitting on the whole time and pointed his finger at Daehyun. “Why are you telling him to strip?!”

 

“N-no, it’s not that!” Daehyun waved his hands in denial and shook his head. “His shirt is completely soaked in beer…. He shouldn’t be walking around in that.” All eyes were on Himchan and his wet shirt now, making him feel embarrassed and exposed.

 

“Oh…” Yongguk looked at Himchan with big eyes and there was a silence. Which made Himchan feel even more embarrassed because everyone was still staring at him. In the middle of this silence a small giggle was heard from the same person who caused this embarrassing situation.

 

“You can see his s through the wet spots on his shirt…” Daehyun whispered to another blond boy who had unnoticeably been standing beside him all the time. Although he whispered in his lowest voice, everyone heard him, including Himchan. His eyes almost popped out of his head and he thought he was going to explode with embarrassment. He quickly covered his chest with his arms and got up from his chair and starting running towards the door leading out of the room.

 

Why do I always have to embarrass myself in front of Yongguk? He must think I’m such an idiot…

 

Himchan leaned his back against the wall in the hallway, sighing. He didn’t have time to think much about what had happened before he heard voices from the other room.

 

“Daehyun! Why can’t you just shut up for once?!” Yongguk’s roar was heard from every room in the house, and it didn’t only make Daehyun quiet, but everyone was standing there speechless and silent. They had never seen Yongguk act up like that to defend another person, definitely not a boy he hardly knew.

 

Without saying another word, Yongguk his heel and quickly walked out of the room. He saw Himchan standing against the wall, still covering his chest, with a shocked expression on his face.

 

“I’m so sorry about that. Daehyun is not usually like that, he just get’s really annoying when he’s drunk.” Yongguk gave Himchan a shy smile before he remembered the boy’s wet shirt. “Oh, your shirt… Just wait here two seconds.” And with that Yongguk went back into the room where the others were.

 

He came back in under a minute carrying nothing, which Himchan thought was weird because wasn’t Yongguk supposed to help him with his shirt problem? Himchan didn’t have time to think about if for long, because Yongguk was now standing right in front of him, making the younger boy feeling nervous. Yongguk looked down at the boy and smirked, and he grabbed Himchan’s hand and dragged him out off the hallway. He was dragged up the stairs to the second floor and into a bedroom. Himchan figured it might be Jongup’s bedroom, because it looked like a room used by a teenager and Himchan didn’t know if Jongup had any siblings.

 

“Jongup said to find a shirt for you in here. So… you should take off your soaked shirt.” Yongguk regretted saying it like that the second the words escaped his mouth. He blushed in embarrassment and stared blankly at the floor. Himchan just stood there, not saying anything. He, on the other hand, enjoyed hearing Yongguk telling him to take his shirt off, but of course he didn’t say anything. He motioned for Yongguk to turn around with his hands, which the older boy did, before he ed his shirt and took it off, exposing his soft and pale skin.

 

Yongguk went over to the drawer in front of him and started searching it for something appropriate for Himchan to wear. He pulled out a plain black t-shirt and reached his arm out to Himchan to give it to him. Himchan quickly put it on, while secretly hoping Yongguk would stop him and just kiss him. I need to stop being so delusional. He doesn’t even like me in that way. He shook his head and came back to his sences.

 

“Can I turn around now?” Yongguk asked while turning slightly with his eyes squinted to check if it was okay for him to look.

“Oh… Yeah.” Himchan looked at his own feet as he spoke. He didn’t want to look at Yongguk. He was too embarrassed about the thought he was having about him, even though Yongguk didn’t know anything about them. Yongguk was now standing about two metres away from Himchan, secretly eyeing his perfect figure. His eyes travelled from his flawless hair and down to his chest and his exposed arms. He suddenly stopped. He noticed something on Himchan’s arms. Himchan’s pale arms were covered in red marks. Scars.  Yongguk felt his heart drop. He didn’t believe what he was seeing.

 

Did he do this to himself? He thought. What would make him do that to himself.

 

Himchan lifted his head and smiled shyly to Yongguk, who to Himchan’s disappointment wasn’t looking at him. When he noticed Yongguk’s gaze at his arms his smile quickly disappeared and he tried his best to cover the scars on his arms.

 

“Why did you do that to yourself?” Yongguk looked at Himchan with a worried expression. He tried to reach out for the younger boy, but as Himchan felt his eyes filling with tears he ran out of the room. He ran all the way downstairs to the hallway, he hastily put his shoes on before he disappeared from the house, leaving Yongguk alone in Jongup’s bedroom. 

--------

I'm so sorry for the late update. I'm back now and I promise to update more often. Hope you like this chapter ^^