Forever and always

sparks fly (oneshots)

It was getting dark I’ve been sitting at home waiting for her for such a long time. Where is that girl? She was supposed to be here with me having a nice dinner. That’s what she said this morning before leaving for work. She wanted to make dinner. Why hasn’t she called yet?

I wasn’t getting a good feeling. I have been waiting for hours and it’s now dark. Sitting on our drive way as I waited for her car. Everytime I hear a car coming I was praying that it would be her. She hasn’t called yet… that’s not like her.

I went back inside sitting at the couch nearest to the window. Calling everyone I thought she would have met.

“Yoboseyo?” Tiffany’s voice rung. She was one of Jessie’s Co-workers

“Tiffany-shi this is NaNa. I was just wondering if you have seen Jessie.”

“Ah NaNa sorry but I haven’t seen Jessie for hours. She left the office once the clock showed five. Said something about her Future Wife was going to cook. Left smiling like an idiot. Why, is something wrong?”

“No No. I was just wondering since she’s not home yet I thought she forgot because of the new project she just took on. But thank you again Tiffany-Shi goodnight.” 

“ No problem NaNa call us if anything is wrong. Goodnight”

It was the same with her parents and mine… none of her friends or mine said they saw her.

Sighing I hung up. Looking out the window. the trees swaying slightly with the September breeze.

*RIIING*

“Yoboseyo? Is this Jung Jessica’s House?”

“Yes it is this is Im Jin-Ah speaking whom am I speaking to?”

“This is Seoul National Hospital. I’m sorry to inform you that Ms Jung was in an accident. She is currently in emergency surgery. If you don’t mind please come to Seoul National Hospital.”

I dropped the phone. And ran to get my phone and car keys. Rushing to the garage and hopping into the white Mercedes that Jessie got me for my birthday last year. As I rushed to the hospital I can’t help playing back a particular day in December last year.

We were in a Café down the street. Jessie said she wanted to go out for dinner and she hear that the Café had opened a month ago and she wanted to check it out.  Little did I know did she have something planned out.

We reached the café and I have to say it was really nice. White walls and lights hanging. It looked like it really came out of a winter movie. It was how I imagine being proposed too. I even told Jessie about it.

“Do you like it?” Jessie’s voice whispered behind me.

I spaced out and didn’t realize that she was back hugging me.

“I love it boo. This look like it came out from my imagination. Thank you so much.” I turned around and kissed her on the lips

“Good. I don’t want this to screw up.” She smiled when we broke apart.

 “What do you mean?” confused at what she said. How would this setting screw up?

Dinner came and went by surprisingly fast. Soon we were just sipping on wine and having random conversations when suddenly Jessie needed to use the restroom. She took quite some time and I was getting impatient.

I got up and turned around and there she was standing slightly further away. She was smiling at me and she looked rather suspicious. Through the smile I saw nervousness. What the hell was going on?

Suddenly, she walked up to me and bent down on her knees first and sung the chorus of my favorite song.

“I want you forever, forever and always through the good and the bad and the ugly we’ll grow old together forever and always.”

She let the last part hung a bit before looking me into the eyes

“NaNa I know your mind is wondering right now but please listen to what I have to say because I don’t know if I can repeat it again. But NaNa I love you so very much and I would willingly spend the rest of my life and beyond that with you. You’re the only one who have been able to break my cold attitude and spend time knowing me. You broke down the walls I set so high and did many things unthinkable to me. NaNa if you can say yes I would willingly be your light to your darkness. I’ll be there when you cry. When you’re sick I’ll be the one to nurse you back to health. I want to be there with you when life throws us a curve ball. I want to be with you till we grow old and all wrinkly and have grandkids running around.

She then took out a red velvet box. And opened it up. There sat a beautiful ring. A simple band with a pink diamond in the middle. It was simple but too me that did not matter. It was the person in front of me that counts.

“Babe you’re making me nervous. I know they say we match because we space out too much but don’t do that to me now.” Jessie’s voice brought me back to earth

“Yes…” a whisper left my lips.

“What did you say?”

“Yes” My voice quivering because of my emotions

“I didn’t catch that” She looked up with a playful smile
 

“YES! YES I IM JIN AH WOULD MARRY YOU JUNG SOOYEON JESSICA” I shouted out. I didn’t know how to control my volume anymore and my mind was in a mess.

“Geez you didn’t have to shout at me” she grumbled

But I could see the smile forming. I could see her eyes lighting up as she slid the ring on my finger. She was glowing and I’m sure I would be too. I was engaged. Engaged to the most beautiful women in my life and I am going to spend the rest of my life with her.

A honk got me out of my day dream. I looked up to see that I was right in front of the hospital’s car park. How did I get here? Quickly finding a spot I parked the car and ran as fast as I could to the front desk.

“Jung Jessica please!” I screamed slightly out of breath

“Are you okay miss? You look flustered.”

“I’m fine thank you. But I have to see Jung Jessica. Please.” I asked desperately.

The nurse looked at me for a bit before typing on her keyboard.

“She just got out of surgery and is in ICU. Please follow mw ma’am” 

Leading me down a million hall ways the two nurses talking about the accident but I could barely hear them. Hell I can hardly feel anything. It seems like a never ending maze. Finally arriving to my destination. the nurses giving me a worried glance as I open the door to my fiancé’s room. I had to keep myself from crying out when I saw the many wires connecting to her. She looked so pale. Sitting down I grabbed her hand. Slightly too tight but I didn’t care. She felt too cold. I didn’t realize that I was crying when a tissue was passed to me.

Looking up, Jessie’s doctor was standing over me.

“You’ve been here the whole night miss.”

What? I looked around and it was true. The sky outside was bright. Clear blue skies and fluffy white clouds. Jessie’s favourite. Every Sunday we would sit under the huge true and stare at the cloudes floating by. Sometimes falling asleep in each other’s embrace.

“Are you okay miss?”

“Is she going to wake up?” I ignored the question.

“I’m sorry but I cannot say for sure she will. The surgery was complex and Ms Jung Flat lined a few times. But she was fighting and I could feel that in the operating theater. She was fighting to survive for something or perhaps someone.” The Doctor put on a straight face and went back to being professional again.

I didn’t catch everything but the last part was burned into my mind “She was fighting to survive for something or perhaps someone”. Jessie’s a fighter. I’m sure she would wake up and we would get married.

The next few hours were like hell for me. I was waiting for her to wake up but. I sat on the chair holding her hands. I called her parents and mine a few moments ago and told them what happened. Her parents calmly told me that they were on the way. My Mom was the very opposite. She was hysterical. My dad had to talk to me instead to get information seeing my mom could barely keep a hold on herself.

“You know the other day you asked me about my ideal house and I said that we could live anywhere as long as I am with you? I thought of the perfect house. A brick house on the hills. White walls and a dark brown roof and a small little chimney. Inside we would have 5 rooms.  You say you want 2 kids. So a room for each of them. A room for ourselves , a guest room and a study room for you. Our room would be glassed walls so we can wake up to a beautiful scenery every morning. A nice kitchen and an equally cool living room. You know like ones we used on see on mtv teen cribs or something like that. It was like our own imagination house shopping and we would laugh at how our house would end up looking like. We would stay there forever. Through thick and thin. We’ll grow old together there and we’ll love each other forever and always. Please wake up Jessie. Please” a tear escaped as I laid my head down on her bed. Praying that she would wake up and smile that playful smile again.

~ ~ ~ ~

“Wake up sleepyhead” A voice woke me up from my sleep

“Hmph?”

“Finally your awake!”

I looked up and I could hardly contain myself as I jumped into her embrace. Jessie’s finally awake!

Just like that we were laughing like old times. Soon she was Discharged and we continued with our lives.

~ ~ ~ ~

It’s the Feburary the 14th. How did the months pass by so fast. I couldn’t recall what I did. Maybe it was because I was busy with the wedding’s preparation. We’re getting married in New York because Gay Marriages is not legalized in Korea. But I didn’t care where we got married. As long as I get to spend the rest of my life with Jessie.

Soon enough my dad was walking me down the aisle. Barely containing his excitement and it was obvious since he was smiling from ear to ear.

We walked up to the alter where my dad gave me away to my soon to be Huswife.

The Chaplin said a few verses but all I could concentrate on was my breathing. I didn’t want to pass out right before I got married. Soon it was time to exchange vows.

“I want you forever, forever and always, through the good and the bad and the ugly, we'll grow old together, and always remember whether happy or sad or rich or poor, we'll still love each other, forever and always. I love you Jung SooYeon Jessica” I smiled as I slipped her ring on her.

“You could have skipped out the Korean name” Jessie grumbled

Everybody's laughing as the tears fall on the floor. Jessica took my hand and looked me in the eyes all hint of mischief gone. She looked serious.

“I want you forever, forever and always, through the good and the bad and the ugly, we'll grow old together, and always remember, whether happy or sad or whatever, we'll still love each other, forever and always. Im Jin Ah please remember that I love you and I will be waiting for you. I had a chance at eternity with you but for now let us stay happy like this. Jin ah please remember to stay healthy and safe and that I’m so very sorry for what is to come.”

“What do you mean Jessie? You’re not leaving me at the altar are you?”

“I’m Sorry Jin Ah. I love you Please remember that. Find someone who will take care of you like I had and move on.”  Jessie’s voice was getting too soft

 *BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEP*

I woke up to hear the most dreaded sound ever. Jessie was flat lining.

“NO NO NO NO. DON’T GO JESSIE PLEASE!”

“MISS PLEASE STEP ASIDE” the same doctor rushed in and started the defibrillator.

“Set power to 200. Clear.”

“No response. Doc”

“Set to 250! Clear!”

No… Jessie please

“Set to 300! Clear!”

“Patient not responding!”

 “DAMMIT 400 NOW! CLEAR!”

*BEEEEEP*

“No response Ma’am should we set to 450?”

“Ma’am?”

“No time of death 1400hrs 25th of September 2013.”

“NO NO NO NO YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER PLEASE” My head snapped up when I heard what the doctor said. They were stopping. They were giving up!

“Miss Please calm down.”

“PLEASE SAVE HER PLEASE”

“There is no use miss. She cannot be brought back”

“No” I felt myself falling. This could not be happening.

“Miss! Please are you okay! I felt myself being carried. But I didn’t care. My body felt numb and I couldn’t register what was happening.

“I love you forever, forever and always, please just remember even if I'm not there; I'll always love you, forever and always. Kim Jungah I leave her to you now please take good care of her”

A figure watching and following. Whispering her final goodbye as she disappeared into the light. Keeping her promise as she waits patiently for her loved one.

------------------------

i updated again! i suddenly had an inspiration to finish this story up. i wrote this one a long time ago but i could not decide on the pairing and ending. 

this story was inspired by Forever and Always by Parachute. if you have not listened to them yet go listen they are a great group and i really like their songs heres the link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yikzoM4tbfg

i'm sorry for the ending but i had to do it. it fit the song and what i had in mind and it just feel right to me.

anyway i'm going to eat dinner now since i skppied my meal to write this story. i didnt even know it got this late. Ciao

yours truely,

Kaylac