What's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me?

It's been a year since you've known, and I regret telling you everyday. You never call me, text me, or talk to me anymore. But I have one question that must be answered. What's wrong with me?

(1st person)1 year ago:

I'd been looking through the scrapbook that dreaded day. The scrapbook that contained pictures of only you and me. Our scrapbook. "Hey." Jonghyun greeted. He'd just come out of the shower, glistening with water all over him, a towel around his waist. I swollowed thickly. "Hi." I smiled. He walked over, sitting on the bed with me. He was so close. All I had to do was reach out and touch him.  "Wow! I remember this one!" He said, refurring to the picture I was looking at. It was us at the amusement park. "Yeah. That day was fun." I said, turning the page. "Key?" He said. "Hmm?" I replied. "I love you. You're the best brother I've never had." He said, smiling that dopey but cute smile of his. If only you could've left off the last sentence. "Hahaha. Yeah." I smiled fakely.

"It's really good, Jongie!" I exclaimed, taking another bite of the pasta. "Thanks. I just thought I'd cook for you for once, since you always do." I smiled. "It's really good, for a dinosaur!" I joked. He stood. "Oh, it that so?" I stood also, taking my plate of pasta, throwing a noodle at him. "Yep!" I laughed. He picked up his plate too. "Okay Key. You want to play that way?" He threw a noodle at me. We then engulfed ourselves in a pasta fight. When I was all out of noodles, I put my plate in the sink, and dropped to my knees, my hands above my head. "I surrender!!!" Jonghyun laughed in victory. "I knew you would." He smiled. "Key, I have a gift for you, since I couldn't buy you one on your birthday." he explained, going over to the coat closet and pulling out a smal box. "Jonghyun... you didn't..." I said before opening the box. "You did!!!" I exclaimed before jumping in his arms. I held me and spun around. "Do you like it?" he asked. I giggled. "I sooooooo love it!!!" He bought me the watch I saw in this magazine once. It had gold numbers and white around it. "I thought you might like it." He laughed. He kissed my cheek, and I froze. His lips attached to my cheek was the best feeling in the world. "Jonghyun, I can't pretend anymore. It's painful." I said, not able to hold the truth in anymore. He looked at me confused. "What do you mean? Are you sick?" I sighed and he put me down. "Please sit." I asked him, motioning him to the couch. He held my hand. "Is something wrong?" I sighed once again. "Jonghyun, when I first met you, you were my only friend. We shared everything together. We played with each other. We even took each other to the prom because your date was sick, and I didn't have one. Remember all those looks we got that day? It was so embarrassing, but I remember what you told me that day. 'Don't worry about them, Kibum. It's just you and me.' I started feeling things. Things that... I've never felt before." I said, crying a bit from my happiness. You could finally know. 

"Key, why are you crying?" Jonghyun asked me, leaning in to wipe away my tears away. I shook my head. "I'm happy. You can finally know." He looked at me seriously. "What are you saying?" He asked. I put my hands around his neck. "Im saying I like you, stupid dino." I said, kissing him. He lightly pushed me away. "K-Kibum... when... how?" I smiled. "I've... always liked you, Jongie." He sighed. "Key... I... I don't know what to say." He said, letting go of my hand. "Say you like me too." I pleaded. He sighed a sigh that I could never forget. "I'm sorry Key. I just... can't say that." My heart shattered. 10 years of knowing you. 5 years of liking you. 1 day of telling you. And this is the result I get. "What? Why?" He looked at me. "I like girls Key. I'm just not attracted to guys." I started to cry. "All those times you held my hand in public, kissed my cheek, told me you loved me... were lies?" I cried silently, but hardly at the same time. "Key, those weren't lies. I do love you. It's just not the way you thought I did. I love you like a brother." I started to speak. "But Jonghyun, I love-" "No Key! You're just hurting yourself!" He yelled. "I like girls and I don't like guys! I don't like you so get over it!" He said to me. I was heartbroken. "Please love me, Jonghyun!!!" I begged. "I'll always love you Key, but I'll never love you the way you want me to." I cried so much that I reached the point to where I couldn't cry anymore. "Well... I'll just go." I made my way out the door. What bothered me most is... he didn't try to bring me back. 

1 year later:

I was walking down to the river, sitting on a rock. I pulled off my backpack and grabbed the scrapbook I took along with me. "I love you." I said, a single tear dropping on Jonghyun's portion of the picture. "I love you, too." I snapped my head in the direction of the voice. It was Jonghyun. That person I haven't seen in a year. He hasn't changed, not even slightly. "Oh. It's you." I said somewhat coldly. "Yeah, it's me." I looked away. "Key, I've had a lot of time to think about what you said on that day." I got off of the rock and walked past him, but his voice stopped me. "Key, I was a fool! I never realized how much I loved you until you left. I tried looking for you, but I couldn't find you. I'm sorry that I yelled at you, I just didn't know how to react. I'm sorry! I was a jerk. I'm so sorry!" I walked up to him. "Yes, you were." I said before leaving him there. It pained me to do it, but I had no choice. It was the best for me, because now I know that there's nothing wrong with me.