b) Ignore the mysterious figure.

Recess

 

“Hmm?” you replied cheerfully. “Nothing’s wrong, I just kind of spaced out. Let’s get going, shall we?” Kyurin grinned and you both continued heading to the canteen. But your mind couldn’t get away the image of the mysterious figure. “Don’t be delusional, ~~~,” you scolded yourself. “For all you know, you saw nothing.” You both kept walking on, the walkways being surprisingly empty. There were only a few people occasionally passing by both you and Kyurin. As you were passing by the school lockers you noted the person coming in the opposite direction. He had the hood of the sweatshirt covering his face and was holding a bouquet of red roses. Your eyebrows rose slightly when you saw the amount of roses in that bouquet. “Must be his girlfriend or sister,” you thought.

 

You both pass by that guy when you felt your right sleeve getting caught by something. Kyurin, who had been oblivious to your sudden situation, continued walking. You instinctively turned around to loosen whatever that caught a hold of your sleeve when you crashed into the guy with the bouquet of flowers. Both of you fell to the ground and the bouquet of flowers was ruined, the roses scattered across the floor. “I’m so, so terribly sorry,” you whispered. “They must have been expensive.” You immediately began to pick up the battered roses and its petals. The guy also began picking up the remains of what was once a beautiful bouquet. You picked up the last petal when you felt the guy’s fingers on yours. You looked up at the sudden skin ship and found yourself looking into familiar eyes.

 

“Hello ~~~,” said the guy. “Did you miss me?” Your eyes widened in recognition. Could it be…? Not wanting to be deceived, you pushed down his hood even though that gesture was impolite. “TaeYang,” you uttered in surprise. TaeYang got up and he helped you up as well. “I know it’s a surprise,” explained TaeYang. “But I’ll explain. The day I left school, I worked with your father’s company. He hated me at first, but I guess he slowly came to accept and forgive me. I honestly didn’t expect this, and I guess he didn’t as well. Then recently, he gave me wages. I told him I couldn’t accept it, and he pressed on anyway. He said that the money was for me, and he allowed me to let me in your life again. I spent those roses for you…but you ruined them. Anyways…as I had already mentioned earlier. Did you miss me?”

 

You were listening intently to his explanation and wanted to say that the fact the roses were ruined weren’t your fault. But when he had reverted to his earlier question, you were shocked at his straight-forwardness. Though you truly missed him badly and felt super happy that he reappeared again, you wanted to seem strong and defiant against him. After all, it wouldn’t do justice to appear as weak. You looked at TaeYang in the eye seriously and then spoke. “What makes you think that I forgave you?” you questioned darkly. TaeYang merely eye-smiled and caught hold of the bracelet which was on your right hand. “Don’t think that I didn’t notice this,” replied TaeYang innocently. “Looks like it had caught something while I passed by you just now.”

 

TaeYang’s hand mischievously tugged at your right sleeve and you realised that he had sneakily caught hold of your sleeve earlier, causing you two to meet. “You sly plotter!” you yelled. “You made me crash into you!” “Part of the plan,” replied TaeYang with a grin. “TaeYang, you’re such-” you began. But TaeYang then caught you off guard by holding hands with you. “This time around, ~~~,” said TaeYang as he raised his eyebrows. “I’m not breaking my promise. You’re doomed.” You tried to take away your hand that he held but he tightened his grasp. “Don’t think you can fool me, ~~~,” replied TaeYang with a sly smile. “We have mutual feelings. Don’t go running away from it now.” You groaned, but then smiled. Not all promises get broken after all.

 

Turn here!