Surprise! It's Not Easy To Become Famous

To Reach A Dream

A few days later, the trio were getting ready to meet the President of Aboki Entertainment for their audition. They wore their best outfits: Yeeun with a long sleeved red shirt and dark blue skinny jeans, a leather vest on top of her shirt along with a black and red tie hanging from her neck, and black combat boots with chains hanging around them. Eunjun wore a tight, light blue T-Shirt with a fashionable,white knitted sweater on top, jean capris that went to her knees, and white high tops that had a black star on it's side. Seoyeon wore a long, black and pink stripped shirt that had hanging sleeves up to her elbows and well resembled a dress, a pink lace skirt underneath, and pink cheetah printed sneakers. Since she was the only one with long hair, she tied it down to a side braid. After several finishing touches, they were ready.

"Do you have the song?" Yeeun asked as she and the other two walked to the nearest bus stop.

"Right here!" Seoyeon answered excitedly as she pulled out a neatly folded sheet of paper from her bag. It was a song she wrote herself, in fact, most songs that the three sang were written by her. What can she say, she had a thing for composing. She'd never thought that they'd perform one of her songs in front of an official board of a famous music industry! Seoyeon handed the lyrics sheet to Yeeun as Eunjun peeked over the elder's shoulder. The younger hummed the lyrics, trying to get the melody right. Seoyeon and Yeeun practiced along as well before the bus came. 

~*~

"Oh my god, we're here," Eunjun whispered with wide eyes as she, Yeeun, and Seoyeon stepped out of the bus and in front of Aboki Entertainment's headquarters. It looked so huge and fancy, with glass windows and white frames, at least twenty floors, and that aura of magic that music was made from. They looked at each other and held hands, then gave a determined nod and yelled, "FIGHTING!" With high hopes, the three musketeers strutted into the building.

Seoyeon, being as she was, was too fascinated by her surroundings to notice the double doors before her: one being closed. BAM! The side of her body smashed right onto the hard surface. "Unnie, are you okay?!" Eunjun asked in concern, but both the maknae and Yeeun couldn't help, but laugh.

Seoyeon pouted and rubbed her cheek, "Yeah yeah, I am. Let's go in."

"Sure, but remember, THIS is the opened door," Yeeun chuckled and opened the other door for her two dongsaengs. Seoyeon stuck her tongue out at her friends and linked arms with them, dragging them inside. As soon as they entered, they saw a lady sitting on a white, porcaleain desk. Just as Seoyeon was going to sign them in, a tall woman with perfectly threaded eyebrows, strictly straight hair that reached her forearms, impossibly high heels, and clothes to die for stepped in front of the three and blocked their way.

"Are you Lee Seoyeon, Park Yeeun, and Kim Eunjun?" She asked with an observant eye. Seoyeon and Eunjun nodded as Yeeun returned the stranger's sharp stare. The strange woman smiled sweetly, dropping her guarded look, then introduced herself, "I'm Nia, your coordinator for the evening. Please follow me." She her heel and began walking down a wide, white tiled hallway. Seoyeon and Eunjun gave each other a confused look as Yeeun walked past them and followed Nia. The younger two did the same as well.

Nia led them inside a dressing room that had three chairs ready as well as huge mirrors in front of the chairs. "Let's see who needs the least work done on them, I'll do them first," Nia stated as she looked the three up and down. She pointed at Yeeun and said, "You. Come with me." Yeeun raised an eyebrow as she placed her hands in her pocket, then followed Nia. The coordinator led Yeeun to what seemed like another room inside the dressing room. Seoyeon and Eunjun sat on the chairs and waited. 'Maybe they do this to all auditioners...' They thought to ease their confusion.

Inside the room was a whole closet of clothing as well as a make-up dresser that had everything needed to make a star shine. Yeeun stood in place as Nia examined her. "You... Actually dressed up quite nicely for the image we're looking for. Let's do a quick touch-up," She patted the chair, signaling Yeeun to sit down. As Yeeun did, she winced at the make-up that Nia began to apply on her face. Since Nia was a professional, the job was quickly and easily done. Yeeun looked into the mirror, feeling a bit surprised and... happy.  Her face was clearer, her hair was messier -in the good sense-, and she looked brighter and more star-ish. Nia gave Yeeun a smile, "Now send in the youngest one."

"Okay, thanks for the touch-up," Yeeun returned the smallest hint of a smile before walking out. "Yo kiddo, it's your turn," She called out to Eunjun. Eunjun nodded and stood up, then walked into the room with the slightest feel of anxiety.

As Seoyeon and Yeeun talked outside, Eunjun stepped in and was greeted by a set of clothing being shoved onto her. "Which one would look better on you~?" Nia wondered aloud as she held up two outfits next to the younger girl. "This one! Black and white always look best!" Nia grinned and attacked Eunjun, somehow changing her clothes before she had the chance to struggle and run away. After Nia stepped back, Eunjun looked into a full length mirror and gasped.  She wore an oversized black and white striped shirt that was loose from neckline down, but were tight on her sleeves. Over that, she had a vest-hoodie that had a variety of designs with black and white diamonds. She also wore a black hat with two rows of studs on top of the lid, black skinny jeans, and black sneakers.

Nia pulled up the hood, "That looks better, let's work on your makeup!" She dragged Eunjun onto the seat and began doing her magic. The bags underneath Eunjun's eyes began to disappear, the pale of her skin became fairer, her slightly chapped lips looked more alive and healthy, and the innocent look in her eyes were drawn away by eyeliner. You could say this makeover made her seem more mature and, well, badass.

 Eunjun was at a daze with her relfection. Nia smiled proudly and patted her shoulder. "Go call the last one in." Eunjun obeyed and walked outside. Both her unnies gasped at the transformation.

"Why didn't I get a hat?!" Yeeun whined playfully as Eunjun chuckled.

"Seoyeon Unnie, it's your turn," The maknae informed. Seoyeon nodded and skipped inside. With a large smile that reached her eyes, Seoyeon confidently stepped in with hopes that the coordinator was happy with her well-matched outfit.

"Oh my lord!" Nia exclaimed with an exasperated sigh. "You most certainly need the most work!" Seoyeon's smile dropped as her eyes widened. Nia dug through her clothing collection, trying to find the right outfit. Seoyeon played with the hem of her skirt as she held a shameful pout. "This should do." Nia pulled out a few items and fashion ninja-assassinated Seoyeon. Seoyeon couldn't see a mirror so she had no idea what was going on as Nia tugged her hair and pulled on her clothes.

When the Hello Kitty and rainbow loving girly girl saw her reflection, she was the one to cry her mother's name in vain. She was wearing a gray, short sleeved shirt that had the United Kingdom's flag on it's pocket, ripped up jeans that was held up by a skull belt, and black sneakered insoles that made her appear taller. And her hair, good lord, her precious hair! It was short and straightend, barely brushing past her ears, She quickly patted her head and sighed in relief when she realized it was just a wig. Still, this was nothing like her normal self.

"Wh-What-" Seoyeon stuttered, still in shock. Nia pulled Seoyeon onto the chair and began putting -or in this case replacing- her makeup. The light blush on her cheeks were gone, the eyeliner was darkened to seem more fierce and sharp, the light gloss of her lips were replaced with a darker, more natural shade, and the new foundation on her face made her look more tan and outgoing- not her normal pale and petite complexion. Seoyeon was about to tear up.

"And done!" Nia smiled successfully and ushered Seoyeon out. When Yeeun and Eunjun examined their great and womanly mother-like friend, they bursted out laughing.

"Seoyeon Oppa?" Eunjun called out teasingly as she high fived Yeeun. This was their first time seeing Seoyeon dressed up like a tom-boy.

"S-Shut up~!!" Seoyeon whined as she scratched her wig. Nia lightly slapped her hand with a warning look.

"Now it's time to get you guys to the rehersal room for your audition!" Nia signaled the trio to follow her as she led them out of the dressing room. This is when the nervousness and anxiety really began to set in. With anxious expressions, the three girls followed Nia. When they reached there, Nia whispered a "Good luck!" before pushing them inside the rehersal room. With a gulp, the three stepped up and walked into the center of the room, facing a board of directors that all wore poker faces.

One of the faces seemed familiar. It was that scout who first found Yeeun, Seoyeon, and Eunjun. He gave an encouraging nod, having full faith in their abilities. "We're ready when you are," the President, Mr. Kim, stated. Holy flipping tacos, the president of Aboki Entertainment was right before them! They quickly took their places after Seoyeon placed the CD she prepared into the player.

(Song used: EvoL -- We Are A Bit Different )

(A/N: I know I wrote that Seoyeon composed this song herself. For the sake of the story, let's pretend she did 8'D)

Yeeun cleared since she had the first verse. She took a deep breath as the beat began to set in.  "Run it down down, I'm ready, ready to go~ Oh yeah, you hard lady, stop right there. Follow this music! Oh yeah, you stiff lady~" As she sang, the three began to dance in sync.

With a deep breath, Eunjun released her amazing vocals, with Yeeun singing in the background. "You and I like this on the same dance floor. Feel it like this on the same dance floor. Get on the floor! (Yeah!) Get on the floor!  (Yeah!) Scream as if we're both crazy~ (Just dance!) Ah~ (Brah!) Yeah~ (Ah Yeah!) Wooo~ (Ah woo) All night on the dance floor, move it now. Ahh~ (Dance floor move it now) Yeah~ (Dance floor move it now) Woo~ (Dance floor yeah) I can't stop the dance floor, move it now!"

Like most other songs, there was a back and forth with Yeeun and Eunjun's lines. Soon enough, Yeeun's rap came, "This world is surprised, we're a bit different. Keep looking up, we'll show you. We got the flow, be honest boy. We can glow like pearls. We 'bout to get it on!"

Just as the board of directors were wondering when Seoyeon would show what she's got, her part came. She was already consumed by the song and rhythm that her attitude showed her enthusiasm. With a smirk, she slid to the front as her rhymes began to roll off her tongue. "Yeah, this Synergy. I'm the dynamite that'll blow this speaker apart. If you hear the sound of your heart, get up! Let's play all night on this fiery night (hey) Everyone (hey) come up here and leggo. Move move, shake that boo boo. My body is hot, the footsteps of the moon are heavy and the night grows long. I wait for tomorrow, I wait everyday."  The only time they showed such confidence and charisma were when they were playing music together.

As the song ended with the repeat of Eunjun's singing in the chorus, the three slowly stopped dancing and went next to each other. Out of breath, they held each other's hand and bowed. The room was quiet, tension was heavily hanging in the air. Mr. Kim stood up with the most un-readable expression. Right when the girls were going to give up hope on their dreams, he clapped with a huge grin on his face.

"Congratulations! I'm truly impressed. It's been years since I've seen such spirit and talent," He said with an encouraging smile. Eunjun almost fainted, Yeeun's jaw dropped, and Seoyeon was convinced she was dreaming.

"D-Does that mean we're in?" Yeeun asked in disbelief.

"Well, that is if you sign this contract here," Mr.Kim stated as he held up a thick pack of papers. "Everyone except Mr. Rin and the auditioners, you are kindly dismissed." After that order, everyone on the board except the President and the familiar scout stood up and left.

The scout who found them, Mr. Rin, smiled kindly at the girls after everyone left. "You three are perfect to be signed into the company. There's just one problem: Aboki entertainment needs a new boy band." The three girl's heart fell in disapointment. Of course it was too good to be true.

"But, you said if we signed t-the contract, we'd-" Seoyeon stuttered, looking at the two men in shock.

"Yes, but that depends on how well you can keep a secret," the President smiled.

Yeeun was able to add things up before her younger friends could. "You want us to dress up like guys and debut as a boy band?" She questioned in disbelief. Mr. Rin and Mr. Kim nodded. Yeeun smirked, "Not a problem."

"WHAT?!" Seoyeon and Eunjun both exclaimed, looking at their elder with wide eyes.

"As expected, it's a lot to take in. Why don't you guys take the contract home and think it over. There's also a member profile we've set up for you. They'll be the identites you'll take on if you do choose to sign with us. Sadly, we can only give you until tomorrow to decide. We'll have to host auditions as soon as possible if you do choose to say no. Please think carefully," Mr. Kim stepped forward and carefully looked between the three. He went towards Seoyeon and handed her the papers, "You know, I see leader potential in you." Yeeun twitched her eyebrow, feeling a bit irked. Then again, Seoyeon was like their mother and handled most of the responsibilites to take care of her friends- she'd probably be the best leader. Sighing, Yeeun let the matter slide.

With a deep breath, Seoyeon took the papers and bowed. "We'll think about it and let you know by tomorrow," She said with a clear, mature voice. After the three bowed respectfully, they left the building and went straight home to talk this whole thing out.

This was a sitaution where flipping a penny wouldn't solve everything.

~*~

LeGenD had to come to the Aboki headquarters to discuss their comeback image with the president. When they heard he was busy at the moment, they decided to wait in his office until he was free. Taejun, their leader, went out to get some drinks for s when he suddenly heard a catchy beat. As sneakily as he could, he went towards the rehersal room and peeked inside to see three dancing figures who had voices that most people would kill to have. 'Must be an audition going on,' He thought with a nod. Since the design of the window to the room was expensive and fancy, he couldn't see the people inside that clearly. Then again, he didn't need that to tell how talented they were. When they stopped, he leaned back and opened the can of soda in his hand. 'Not bad. Good luck surviving this place.' The corner of his mouth lifted up into a crooked smile as he took a sip of his drink, then made his way back to s.