Chapter 11

The Twin Couple

Chapter 11

“Unnie, do I look okay?” Ga Young asked nervously. “I mean, do I look super fantastic?” she continuously asked worriedly as she was looking at her reflection inside the mirror.

“Oh my god, Seo Ga Young! For the twentieth time, you look absolutely gorgeous, fantastic, fabulous, great, pretty, beautiful and a little bit cute in that awesome wedding dress,” Na Young confirmed. “And, before you ask, yeah, you’re pulling the dress off. It is neither too tight nor too loose for you. It fits perfectly,” she continued as as she threw a small laugh as if there was something funny about Ga Young.

“What are you laughing about?” she complained as she crossed her arms.

“Nothing,” she laughed it off. “You should stop worrying. It is a perfect wedding, nothing will possibly go wrong. You should start smiling,” Na Young said as she went nearer to her sister.

“I don’t know, I’m nervous, maybe,” Ga Young sighed and sat down.

“It’s all going to be great, sweetie,” she assured. “I know, it’s not easy to calm you down, but it’s all going to be great as you walk down the aisle later. You’ll be fine as you see Yong Nam later,” she tried to calm her sister down.

“You think so?” she insecurely asked.

“I know so,” she confirmed.

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing a very familiar figures to Na Young, two middle-aged women.

“Mother, I’m glad you made it. Just in time,” Na Young politely greeted their mother, as she stood up to give the lady to sit down at her chair.

“Ga Young, my daughter. How are you feeling?” the lady started her conversation with Ga Young.

“A little worried and nervous. I’m lucky to have Na Young unnie here to calm me down,” she replied as she looked up to Na Young, who was standing with the other woman. “Thank you for coming. You’re making it a lot better for me,” she thanked as she reached out her hand to touch the hands of a mother, who she longed to see.

“It’s all good. The wedding is better than what I had expected it to be,” she carefully complimented. “Oh, this is Kang Woo Kyung, my house maid. As Na Young requested, I brought her along,” she introduced the other lady who came in with her a while ago.

“Ahjumma, I heard so much about you, from Na Young, of course,” she said as she stood up to hug the lady. “Thanks for looking out for my sister,” she thanked her in their hug.

The mother cleared . “I’ll be outside, in the hall, waiting for the ceremony,” she said as she stood up. “Kang, you can stay if you want,” she said as the maid nodded.

“Thank you, mother,” Ga Young said as the lady smiled and walked out the door.

“You’re so beautiful,” Mrs. Kang said as pinched Ga Young’s cheek. “Congratulation,” she congratulated her.

The door was cracked open again, revealing a male figure.

“Are you ready?” Yong Guk asked from the door.

“Oh,” Mrs. Kang happily went to him. “This is the groom, isn’t he? I saw the picture that day,” she said as she happily touched his cheeks.

“Err,” he stuttered. “Your mother, Ga Young?” he asked and he awkwardly smile.

“Oh, look at that gummy smile,” she adored him. “No, I’m not, I’m the maid. It’s cute that he thinks I’m the mum,” Mrs. Kang laughed.

Na Young went to those two. “Ahjumma, this isn’t the groom. This is his twin brother. The younger one, before you ask,” she clarified.

“Oh, twins too? Ah, this is great, one of millions people, I guess,” Mrs. Kang joked. “You should paired up with Na Young. You all can have double date, twins couples,” she continued.

“Ahjumma,” Na Young cut off as Yong Guk looked embarrassed and awkwardly smiled while scratching his head.

“Are you ready yet?” he asked again after remembered his reason of coming in there.

“Oh, yeah. We’ll coming out in a minute,” Na Young assured as Mrs. Kang adored the couple in front of her.

Yong Guk nodded and walked out of the room after greeting Mrs. Kang.

“If they look alike, then you’re lucky because you have such a good looking husband,” Mrs. Kang commented.

“Ahjumma, you should go to the table now, the ceremony is starting,” Na Young reminded as Mrs. Kang walked out after saying “good luck” to Ga Young.

“Do I look fine?” Ga Young asked as she did her final check on the mirror.

“You look great. Come on, let’s go,” Na Young said as she linked her arm to Ga Young’s arm.

Ga Young breathed deeply as they walked through the opened door, to the edge of the aisle.

“Are you ready?” Na Young asked as the light dimmed and the music can be heard. She heard her breathing, indicating that she was readying herself.

Both of the twins walked down the aisle, with the other twins were waiting on the other edge, at the stairs to the centre stage. As they reached the stairs, the bride swapped arms, from Na Young’s hand, she linked her arm to the groom and they went to the stage, where the priest waited to start the ceremony. As for the other twin couple, who functioned as best man and bride’s maid, they walked to the side, letting the newlywed to have their spotlight.

“I saw your mother, the real one,” Yong Guk whispered to Na Young as the priest started his little speech for the couple in front of him. “You know, I always doubted about Ga Young’s blue eyes. I thought she wore contact lens all the time. I mocked her though she continuously said that it’s real,” he confessed. “She really has the real blue eyes, it’s from…,” he continued but Na Young cut him off.

“She got our mother’s eyes, I know,” she said, half-whispering, as she smiled and glanced at her mother who was sitting in the Family Table with Yong Guk’s parents.