Chapter 12

The Twin Couple

Chapter 12

Him Chan drove the car to the airport. Yong Guk sat beside him, in the front passenger’s seat. Yong Nam, Ga Young and Na Young were in the back seat.

“It’s pretty weird that mother actually sponsoring your honeymoon,” Na Young talked to Ga Young in their conversation.

“Oh, why you say it like that? You make mother sounds like bad person,” Ga Young objected, raising her eyebrow.

“No, it’s not like that, it just that I have this bad feeling, ever since mother showed up at your wedding,” Na Young said, furrowing her eyebrows and sighed. “Maybe just my feeling,” she continued, throwing bitter smile.

“Maybe mother changed for the better. Who knows?” Ga Young ensured as she grasped Na Young’s hand and smiled.

The twins continued to converse, with some interferences by Yong Nam and Him Chan. Yong Guk just stayed as silent as he ever been.

‘When will we ever meet again?’ the small voice in his head said. ‘Aish, why did I feel like this?’ he washed off his thoughts and shook his head.

“What’s wrong with you, seriously?” Him Chan asked as he saw Yong Guk was restless and lost in thought.

“No, nothing,” he denied. “Just drive, carefully,” he said and cleared his throat.

Him Chan gazed at Yong Guk sometimes and kept on driving.

They arrived at the airport. Yong Nam and Ga Young quickly took their luggage because their flight was about to take off.

At the departure entrance to Paris, Na Young hugged her sister and kissed her check. Yong Guk just stood there, looking at the couple, who were vanishing into the entrance.

“Okay, it’s time to say goodbye,” Him Chan suddenly said. “Right, Na Young?” he asked as he gazed at Na Young.

“Yeah, it is,” she bitterly smiled. “Thanks for everything, guys. Have a safe journey back,” she said as she looked at them respectively.

“Your flight is in 3 hours, we’ll wait,” Yong Guk suddenly offered. Him Chan gave him a puzzle look.

“What?” Na Young asked, surprised. “You can’t just sit around and do nothing in 3 hours, right?” she continued.

“I mean, you’re a girl, you’re alone. Well, something can happen to you,” Yong Guk stuttered.

Na Young gave him a question gaze.

“He means that he want to stay to protect you,” Him Chan smirked and gained a slap in the shoulder from Yong Guk. He mouthed “Ouch” and frowned to Yong Guk.

Na Young smiled and laughed to the two guys in front of her. “I’m a big girl. You guys can go, really,” she assured.

“Nah, we’ll stay,” Him Chan said as he made faces to Yong Guk. “He’ll cry if he can’t see you depart,” he continued and grinned.

“No, I won’t,” Yong Guk said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yeah, right,” Him Chan rolled his eyes. “He’ll follow you to England if he can,” he continued again and stuck his tongue to Yong Guk, who was giving out one of his death glares.

Na Young laughed at the two of them as she smiled at Yong Guk, who was scratching the back of his head while looking at his shoes.

“Okay then, let’s go and get some coffee. My treat,” she offered.

“Just coffee? No food?” Him Chan playfully asked and Yong Guk elbowed him at his stomach. “I was kidding!” he flinched and frowned.

Na Young laughed and said, “If you’re hungry, then let me treat you guys for the breakfast.”

“Yay!” Him Chan shouted and stuck his tongue out to Yong Guk, who was rolling his eyes at the childish dude.

They went to a café and hung out there while having their breakfast.

“I need to go the bathroom,” Him Chan said as his face was looking desperate.

He left the two of them in a pretty quick speed.

The atmosphere was suddenly awkward. Yong Guk coughed a few times while Na Young bit her straw edge.

Yong Guk cleared his throat and called out, “Na Young-ah.”

Na Young’s lips let go of the straw at an instant and replied, “Oh?”

“When are you going to come again? I mean, you will come here again, right?” Yong Guk asked as he played with his coffee cup and spoon.

Na Young stared into her coffee. “I don’t know, maybe I will, maybe I won’t,” she replied as she shrugged.

‘I have no reason to come back here,’ she thought. ‘If only you can give me, one small reason,’ she hopefully thought.

Yong Guk stayed silent as he furrowed his eyebrows as if he was thinking of something. Na Young looked at his with a puzzle gaze.

“Give me your phone,” he suddenly commanded.

“Huh?” Na Young startled but she gave away her phone anyway.

He took away her phone and started to run his fingers on the phone’s screen. Na Young still gave him the same puzzle look as she started to furrow her eyebrows.

“Here,” he gave the phone back to her. Na Young reached out her hand to take the phone.

She examined her own phone and asked, “What did you do?”

“I saved my phone number there. Give me a call when you come back or anytime you want,” he said casually as he stared deep into his coffee before give it a sip.

“Thank you,” Na Young thankfully smiled as she gazed at his face. “I’ll definitely call,” she assured.

“I don’t prefer international long distant call, though. It’s expensive,” he admitted.

Na Young let out a contagious laugh and Yong Guk laughed along with her.

“What happened?” Him Chan asked as he sat down again.

“No, nothing,” Yong Guk said as he cleared his throat and sipped his coffee again.

Na Young grinned at Him Chan as she shrugged and shook her head. She also put the straw into and stared somewhere else as she the coffee in.

“Nah, something’s fishy,” Him Chan raised an eyebrow as he stared at them respectively. He took his cup and sipped.