Chapter 10

The Twin Couple

Chapter 10

That day, was the wedding day. The day that everyone was waiting for. Ga Young and Yong Nam were nervous for the ceremony. Him Chan and Sung Hee were busy in the wedding hall, checking everything in the list, to make sure everything would be flawless for the sake of their best friends. Yong Guk and Na Young stayed close to the groom and bride respectively, to calm they down for the big day. At the same moment, Mr. and Mrs. Bang were in the hall entrance, welcoming the guests.

Meanwhile, Dong Yi was about to get out from her hotel room to the make her way to the hall, joining the wedding as one of the guests.

“Ah, why I did I decide to wear hanbok?” she whined as her dress was too big and she had to drag her dress edge.

 She walked through the hallway to get to the elevator. At the moment she took another step, she accidentally stepped on her dress edge, making her lost balance and hit the floor. She stumbled forward and she was in lying position, face downwards.

“What are you doing down here?” Jong Up asked as he walked past the hallway as well.

“I’m sleeping,” Dong Yi mumbled as she buried her face on both of her hands.

“Eh?” Jong Up titled his head in confusion.

“I fell of course! Who sleeps in the hallway?” Dong Yi complained as she rolled over her body and faced Jong Up.

“Why are you in hanbok?” Jong Up asked again after he did some analysis towards Dong Yi’s dress.

“Don’t you feel like helping me up or anything?” Dong Yi replied Jong Up’s question with another question. “And it’s extremely comfortable to stare at you while lying down on the floor,” she continued, sarcastically.

“Oh, really?” he stupidly asked and scratched his head while embarrassedly smile. “But, it’s weird that I have bent down to talk to you like this,” he replied innocently as he reached out his hand to pull Dong Yi up.

“Oh my Lord, why did I even bother to joke with you?” she face palmed herself but she took his hand after all.

“What joke?” Jong Up asked after Dong Yi successfully got her two feet on the floor instead of lying on it.

“No, nothing. There’s no need for explanation,” Dong Yi replied as she rolled her eyes and wiped off the tiny dust on her dress.

“Hey, you haven’t answer my question. Why are you in hanbok?” he asked as they started to walk to the elevator. “You do realize that hanbok are usually the bride and groom’s parents’ outfit on the wedding, right?” he asked, half-explaining.

“Simple. I want to show my traditional and soft side to my future mother-in-law,” she explained with wide grin. “Don’t I look feminine in this dress?” she asked.

“Yeah, yeah, very feminine,” Jong Up just played along with her.

“I wonder if Yong Guk oppa likes me wearing this,” Dong Yi said as she crossed her fingers, looking hopeful.

“Ya, you like Yong Guk hyung that much?” Jong Up asked, lowering his tone, as they entered the elevator.

“Hmm!” Dong Yi nodded excitedly. “Why are you even asking? You do know how I feels towards Yong Guk oppa. I think he’s the one. Because everything he does, seems perfect to me,” she passionately talked about her feelings, with dreamy face.

Jong Up felt uneasy. The elevator stops and the door was opened. Dong Yi walked out the elevator. Jong Up followed from behind. She walked to the hall entrance, where Mr. and Mrs. Bang stood and greeted the guests. As she happily walked towards the old man and lady, she stepped on her dress edge again and almost fell downwards.

Fortunately, Jong Up was there and pulled her hands before she could even lose her balance.

“Be careful, can you?” Jong Up whispered, he wrapped her hand on his arm. “Walk with me, before you stumbled and fell again,” he said as Dong Yi looked like she wanted to refuse of having to link their arms together. “Because I swear if that happens, I’ll pretend that we don’t know each other for the whole ceremony,” he whispered and gained a death glare from Dong Yi.

They walked together, arm in arm, to the entrance, near to Mr. and Mrs. Bang.

“Oh, Jong Up-ah,” Mrs. Bang greeted him. “Pretty girlfriend you got here,” she complimented, however, there was an expression of question when she analysed her dress.

“Ah, Ahjumma. I’m not his girlfriend,” Dong Yi denied as she pulled back her arm, that was once in Jong Up’s arm. “Just friends, classmates, nothing more. I’m single,” she said to the old lady.

Jong Up just smiled bitterly. “She’s my seatmate at class,” he half-heartedly explained.

“You better get in now and find your seat, before it gets too many people in there,” Mr. Bang said and patted Jong Up in the back.

“See, you shouldn’t do that. They thought I’m your girlfriend. I should have been introduced as Yong Guk oppa’s girlfriend,” Dong Yi said, pursuing her lips, pouting.

“Please, you aren’t even Yong Guk hyung’s girlfriend,” Jong Up said honestly as he sat on the chair in the VIP table.

“Yet,” she added. “Anyway, Yong Guk oppa will sit in the same table as us, right?” she asked for confirmation as she looked around, searching for Yong Guk’s figure. “Where is him, anyway?” she asked while looking around.

“No, we’ll sit with Him Chan hyung, Dae Hyun hyung, Young Jae hyung and Sung Hee nuna. Yong Guk hyung and Jun Hong will sit at the Family Table, in the front, with the parents and also Ga Young nuna’s twin sister, Na Young,” he explained while pointing to the empty table in front of them.

“He won’t sit here? Ah, no fun,” Dong Yi whined. “Anyway, speaking of Ga Young unnie’s twin, I don’t like her,” she confessed.

“Why?” Jong Up asked but the entrance was closed and the lights were dimmed, indicating that the ceremony was starting and Dong Yi decided to left the question unanswered.