Chapter 32

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

"I love you."

Those three words that make every girl so happy if they hear it from the one they love.

Those three words that never did Kris say to people but you.

Those three beautiful words that repeated on your mind so many times. 

Kris couldn't control himself. Was he being so straightforward? Will you reject him? Will you stay away and ignore him forever?

Kris was about to take the three words back when you suddenly spoke. "Kris..."

Kris saw your eyes. It was wide. It was unexplainable. He knew you were confused.

He suddenly felt sorry. What the heck was he doing? 

"I am so sorry. I'm being so bold. I'm sorry. I can't hold my feelings any longer." Kris confessed.

"Kris... why..." You mumbled.

Why did things turn out this way? Weren't you supposed to take a revenge on him from the start? He bullied you a lot. He made fun of you. He teased you.

But why was he suddenly confessing. What's the reason behind those teasings?

"Don't you get it, Hana? Do you not notice how I'm only this way towards you? I've never befriended girls and I never have the guts to do so. It's because my eyes are only on you. Do you know how much I've been hurt when you left? We were still kids back then. But it really hurt. And it was so stupid of me how I have only realized my feelings towards you when you came back. Girls flirt on me. Girls try their best to be friends with someone like me. But I'm afraid if I became friends with a girl, I might fall in love. I've been waiting for you, Hana." Tears were visible on Kris's eyes and you were stunned. 

Where was the mischievous Kris? Where was the old him?

The Kris right there was a different person.

It was the first time you've seen Kris like that. Kris was cold. He always has this signature poker face of his. But the way he confessed, the way he said those words, he was calm, he was soft, and he was crying.

You didn't know what to feel. Should you accept him?

But what will happen after that?

You couldn't imagine yourself being in a relationship with him.

Things like that shouldn't be rushed. You needed time to think.

Your heart softened seeing Kris's expression. You felt sorry. Instead, you went towards him and gave him a tight hug. You didn't even know why you did that. Maybe you just followed what your heart told you to do.

Kris hugged back and savored the moment. He was ready to get hurt. He was ready to get rejected. He knew it. 

"I'm sorry, Kris." You said as Kris closed his eyes. The words stung on his heart and the feeling of rejection made him so down. He felt depressed. He felt so disappointed. Even though he expected you to say sorry, the feeling of rejection still lingered over him. By saying sorry, he knew you couldn't accept him.

Kris bit his lower lip and tried his best not to explode. No. He couldn't burst out crying in front of the girl he loves.

You felt his arms getting weak and you really felt sorry. What should you do?

A part of you told you that you couldn't just let go of him. But if you said yes, if you accepted him to be your boyfriend, you couldn't even imagine it.

Or maybe they were just a sheepish thought of yours.

Think Hana. Think.

You admit you had been treating him as an enemy of yours. But do you at least consider having a feeling towards him?

Maybe... maybe at least a little is enough.

But that was what your mind was telling you.

Follow your heart, Hana.

*Stop hesitating. Imagine if Kris left you. Imagine if he was gone. What would you feel?* You asked yourself mentally. 

No. It cannot possibly happen. You wouldn't take it.

And then it hit you.

Maybe giving him a chance was enough?

Maybe... just maybe... you'll finally realize your real feelings towards him if you asked for time?

Those hurtful feelings of Kris vanished away when you hastily tiptoed and reached for his height. You kissed his lips as his eyes widened in shock.

You couldn't believe you kissed him. Why did you do that?

"Give me time to think. Don't make me rushed. I thought of you as an enemy, Kris. An enemy in a good way, though. So imagining you being my boyfriend... that's just-" You were cut off when Kris pulled you close and kissed your lips softly. 

It wasn't filled with passion nor lust.

The kiss was soft and gentle. Your heart beat really fast and you felt sparks forming. An unusual feeling yet felt so great. What does that mean?

Moments after, the both of you pulled back and gasped for air.

Kris's hopes was lifted up and he felt relieved knowing that you gave him a chance.

"Aigooo." You pinched his nose and chuckled. You were shocked by your sudden actions. It wasn't so you.

You just shove the thought of awkwardness and went back to your old self instead.

"Yah!" Kris smiled and chuckled too. He felt relieved.

"Good luck, Kris. Let's see if you can win my heart! I have a lot of suitors and you're the 100th." You said in a joking manner. Of course that was just a joke. One hundred suitors are way too much. Kris chuckled once again.

"I'll surely win your heart. I'll beat those suitors of yours and I'll prove them I'm the right one for you. I'll prove them that you deserve me." Kris cooly shrugged off.

"You think so high of yourself, Kris. Well, let's see then." You let out a giggle and went upstairs to pack your belongings.

"I'll leave the house already. Are you alright being alone here?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Just kidding. I'm a man, alright!" He patted his chest and proudly stood for himself.

"Aigoo." You smiled.

The old Kris was back again.

It was nice to see that.

The way he cried for you, your heart ached at the sight of it.

And you wished you won't see him cry anymore.

Especially in front of you.

 


 

Thank you all for greeting me. I'm really flattered. 

Thanks for the support and comments too! 

Omg Kris! Do your best! Hwaiting!