Two Moons

A Gust of Wind to Hold My Hand

I'm sorry its taking me so long to update, blame it on rping! Aigoo, its the life out of me. . . BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET ALL OF MY DEAR READERS EVER. 

Before you guys read this, I just wanted to make a comment on this whole hunhan/xiuhan fan warring or whatever. I'm usually not one to rant, but come on guys, we're all exo fans and we need to stick together as one just like they do! I honestly don't care who people ship Luhan with or if it's different from the ship in my head. I an not a Xiuhan shipper, I am a Hunhan shipper, but I don't go around bashing XIuhan because Luhan likes to be around Xiumin. I love seeing them together, its adorable, but I don't ship them romantically, I ship them like best friends! Plus, tbh, me and my friends act like that towards eachother too. It's because we're so comfortable with eachother and we don't care about being judged.

That's all. I hope you can still enjoy this!


 

The butterfly flapped her buttermilk wings gently against the slight breeze, her small stature much too weak to combat the forces of the wind and the struggle ending with her blowing back against the pale male's uniform clad leg. Sehun sighed softly, easily reaching his hand down to his lap and smoothly scooping the butterfly into the palm of his hand. His purple tinged eyes peered down at the staggering butterfly with interest, pondering on whether she had places she needed to be, perhaps a person she wanted to see most and he was holding onto her, holding her back.

The boy with perfect princely features brought his hand to his lips, as if he were blowing a kiss to one of the lazing student nearby, and blew a little breath, a strong gust leaving his chest and whisking the butterfly into the sky. The butterfly snatched away at air, her wings still unorganized as she tried to successfully take flight, before another breath of air steadied her, gave her leverage, and released her, her yellow wings batting the air as she sailed away, onto other things, perhaps a nice perch of a leaf to land on. Sehun smiled briefly, a sense of fulfillment at having helped the butterfly on her way home; at least one of them was glad to head home, to where they belonged. The tall, quiet male leaned back against the tree off to the side of the main circle that was his private school's campus.

 During free periods, he found this spot to be perfect for sketching random pictures in his small notebook, his ring safe and snug in his pocket in case he needed it. Going to a human high school was rather fun and education, Sehun favored math and literature over using tiring energy to reach another dimension, and he appreciated human culture.

The others also attended some sort of school or university, but universal. Since Kyungsoo had an affinity for cooking, he attended a culinary school in Paris, France while Chanyeol and Baekhyun went to school in Britain purely for the accent. Suho studied business in America while Yixing and Tao frequently stayed in China. Sehun felt his lips curl into an infectious smile as his thumb traced over the lines in his drawing, blurring them slightly, dimming gray against pure white, and giving the character perfect contours. It was perfect in a way, how he could draw members of his family from a single snapshot in his mind. Just as he moved his thumb away, a uniform clad figure dropped to his side and almost caused his hand to stab at the picture. He quickly used his wind control to his advantage, forcing the wind to blow his hand off course and stab the knee next to his.

"Sehun!  What the heck bro!" Sehun internally snickered as Jongup continued to whine about his injured knee and how he wouldn't be able to dance anymore.

"That is for almost causing injury to my drawing." Jongup snorted and sat up fully, a hand clutching away at his still partially throbbing knee, and leaning over to view the drawing.

"Oh, hey! It’s another picture of that boy you told me about! Luhan, right?" Sehun smiled secretively, and nodded his head. He was thankful that his family mostly stayed out of the human world directly outside of their door. It allowed him to talk about Luhan all he wanted without the other being aware. To Jongup, he made Luhan out to be somewhat of a dream, a person so close yet so far from his reach.

"Did you ever tell him how you feel?" Sehun had disclosed his feelings in someone outside of his family for specific reasons; Jongup held true human intentions and human emotions, he had experience when it came to being attracted to someone and overall, just a very good friend.

"I've decided against it. The only feelings he has for me are purely platonic."

"How do you know?" Sehun smiled, sadness practically b in his eyes as he faced the memory once again. It pained him, but he wanted to relay the story to his only human friend.

"He said someone else was his everything without any idea I was listening nearby. It'll be easier to erase my feelings now that I know what he feels." Jongup gave a slight glance to the sketch, taking in the perfect contours of the boy Sehun had fallen for, and hummed softly as he processed the situation and thought of a reply.

"I think you should rethink keeping this hidden. From what you've told me of Luhan, you may have misinterpreted his connotation completely. He may have meant it simple as a term of endearment, not being in love with someone. If anything, you should confront him." Jongup also always knew how to be logical, whereas Sehun was still learning that attribute.

"Are you sure," Sehun murmured, a bit of confusion seeping into his voice, "that he won't hate me?" If there was one thing Jongup was aware of whereas Sehun was not, was that Sehun could not be hated. Even people at their school who loathed him did not have enough intense emotion to hate him because his personality was much too adorable for words.

"That's impossible Sehun," Jongup smiled and shook his head at the thought, "He'll understand. Just tell him." Sehun leaned his head back against the bark of the small tree and smiled as he felt its pulse. Maybe he would confess; it would make his feelings go faster once he was rejected.

The rest of his day depleted within the blink of an eye, metaphorically speaking of course, and all of the courage Sehun had gathered over the course of the day was gone, so at this point in time, when he had easily managed to coax Luhan away from Xiumin, who he couldn't help glaring at, there was nothing but the heat eating away at his skin and the moisture leaving his mouth.

"Neh Sehun? Is there something that's been bothering you?" You. You. You. It's you. Only you. Always you. God, what is wrong with you. Can't you see how much I miss you? Don't you miss me too?

"Um, Luhan," Sehun began weakly, swallowing dryly and standing up straight to tower over the older, "I wanted to . . . Tell you something." Sehun watched Luhan's baby like features shine bright like a diamond, almost blinding him worse than Baekhyun's accidental light beams from his hands when he's surprised. 

"Oh, really!? I thought maybe you were mad at me. What is it?" , I have to say it now? I can't-No! I have to-but he'll hate me forever. I need-

"I love you." Without thinking things through, Sehun had parted his lips and uttered words his heart had fought so hard to erase, somehow. He watched Luhan's bright expression dull, until it was blanker than a white board. His heart shriveled at the sight, of how he managed to take away all of that light in a moment.

"Sehun, I . . . Have to go. Xiumin wanted to visit SM for the orbital happening in an hour." And just like that, he his heel and briskly walked away, his entire form rigid. He didn't . . . He didn't . . . He didn't say a word back. Not even one. He . . . I was right. Sehun bit his lower lip to hold the energy pulsing deep within his chest at bay, his eyes watering over with purple as tears cascaded down his cheeks, missing the way Luhan gripped away at his still bandaged arm, red seeping through the tight white bandages. It aches so much I want to laugh, Sehun mused as a blast of wind blew out all of the torches Chanyeol had taken time to light that day. He used to have a fear of the dark, and only after Luhan began snuggling against him, wrapped up tightly in his arms, did his fear vanish, erased into nothing.

 His body fell rigid as his pace increased, the darkness pressing into his sides and revealing disfigured shapes his eyes had conjured, claws of shadow tugging at his feet and causing him to lose his footing in the center of the hallway. Sehun, suspended in shock, fell against the hard stone floor with a bang, a harsh blast of wind leaving his body and billowing down the hall, shoving doors open. In his bout of numbing pain, Sehun watched helplessly as his energy trickled from his open mouth, a purple mist spreading to touch along the walls, grasping at the cracks. The youngest curled into a tight ball and whimpered in the darkness, feeling more abandoned than ever before. Luhan . . . Don't leave me all alone.

/

Luhan hugged his sweater to his body tightly, the harsh dimensional wind becoming harsher as he pushed through the time rift after his brothers. His spiritual energy, silver to the eye, billowed out beneath him, holding the freezing temperature at bay. He trampled over the frost bitten time course and entered the miniature hole at the end of the winding path without a second though, his body splicing slightly before he found himself atop a hill under the warm moon. He sat up using his arms as leverage, his bandaged arm stinging painfully, and sighed. Xiumin and Chen sat nearby, huddled together and giggling over a secret between the two.

It didn't hurt as much as it used to, Luhan realized, watching them together, leaning against each other and looking up at the moon, which would soon be orbited by another. SM was a quiet, serene place, much like the planet of EXO, but there were special moon constellations and stars that could not be found in any other piece of the universe, as well as a dark, untraveled forest. The second eldest gently laid back against the short grass and peered up at the single moon. A perplexed expression crossed his face as the moon began to glow, its outer rim spinning slowly and picking up speed. Before long there would be two moons, orbiting each other, one dark, the other light.

"What did Sehun mean when he said that?" Luhan murmured lowly, knowing full well what the younger had meant when he bluntly spoke the three words that were still new to his ears. He had lived for so long, ye had never ever heard someone say "I love you" in such a tone. Ever. It was hard to wrap his head and heart around it which is why his automatic reaction was to shut down and evacuate the premises. Something inside of his soul felt renewed and stronger from the confession thrown at him, but a much larger piece was disturbed. He didn't know what love was, much less how to give and take. All he knew was how much he cherished his family. He loved them, but not in the way he was sure Sehun was hinting at. Not in the way Suho is with Yixing or how Xiumin was with Chen. It didn't matter how much he studied them, he would never understand the intense emotions they portrayed without having experienced the feelings himself.

"Maybe . . . I should have stayed with him . . . Like he wanted me to." The moon in the sky ever so slowly shifted, revealing a bright white moon of new beauty in its wake. This was the second time Luhan had seen the wonder, how the two moons revolved around each other, on this one night where they could be together.

"Angel," Luhan heard Chen sigh across the soft wind, his voice light and full to the brim with that love Luhan did not know. The sting to his heart was done with a dull sword, fading quickly and leaving him feeling empty. Never before had he felt such a place exist inside of him, Xiumin used to be more than enough, but now, with the loss of him to Chen, there was no one Luhan could appreciate fully.

"Is Sehun supposed to go here?" Luhan place and hand over his beating core and gave the moons a questioning gaze. Was he supposed to be by my side or . . . Me by his? It’s so hard to understand. The moons continued to revolve, one yin to one yang as Luhan had learned from Earth logic. The good is equally balanced as the bad. . . One cannot be without the other.

"How would I feel if Sehun . . ." And then there was a jolt in his chest, causing his body to move on its own. It . . . Hurt? There was a pain emanating from his pumping heart, a different pain from the gash he refused Yixing's assistance in healing. It was much more precise and it ached a lot more. He had merely thought of how he would feel if Sehun found someone to love. Then why the pain?

"Then that means, I must be in love too. With Sehun. My Sehun." And in that moment, the two moons ended their dance, the dark ink like moon taking its leave and leaving the bright white in its wake.

I love Sehun.

I love my little brother Sehun.

The thought made sense, too much so to be false. As the single moon began to move across the now lonely sky, Luhan pushed himself to a standing position and adjusted his sweater, pulling it closer to preserve what little warmth he could. He glanced at the couple still seated nearby only to see their lips gently pressed against each other, and decided it would be best to leave them be and go back on his own. With light steps and shallow breaths, Luhan turned away from the sight and trudged up the grassy hill to his focal point, where a rift would open and allow him to go back home to the human world. Taking a deep breath, Luhan stopped walking when he was standing just before the rift opening and blew out a breath of silver air. The energy filled carbon dioxide brushed against the rift and as if it were a muscle, it opened, revealing a black and gray path.

His steps were quick and sure, having taken the same path plenty of times before during his journey to other worlds and other dimensions, the soft snow sticking to his clothes as he passed by other dimension openings. After a few minutes and walking through the astral like plane, Luhan came to a familiar opening and quickly eased his way through, his silver energy spilling from his pores to keep him safe as he spilled through the crack and onto the living room floor. He sighed as his clothes quickly became wet from the heat and kept his face pressed against the warm carpet, his damp bangs sticking all over his face.

“You should take a warm shower and change your clothes Luhan. And let me take care of that cut before it scars,” Luhan smiled softly as he turned his head and saw Yixing sitting with his back propped up on a pillow, his eyes tired and seeming a bit too worried, “I don’t need to give Sehun anything else to worry about.” Luhan felt his heart warm at the sound of Sehun’s name but quickly stood on trembling feet as he understood the negative connotation.

“What’s wrong with Sehun? Is he alright? Why didn’t anyone-“Yixing lifted up his hand, palm facing Luhan in a sign to stop.

“He’s fine. He fainted after you left. I managed to gather his energy and press it back inside of him before it became too serious. I would tell you to go see him, but. . . “Luhan felt dread eat at his core, silver lighting his eyes as he watched Yixing guiltily look away.

“But what? Yixing, tell me.” Yixing flinched as Luhan’s voice became more frantic, hoarse from his journey through the cold that lasted for hours. Luhan’s wide set eyes stared Yixing down as the younger finally sighed and answered.

“He requested that you be the only one not allowed inside his room. I tried asking him why, but he refused to tell me. He didn’t even want me to tell you he had passed out.” That was unexpected, new, heartbreakingly new. Luhan felt another pain hit him, different from the small sting to his heart and the nick to his skin from the broken plate. This cut was deeper, more intimate, cutting a thick strip down his soul. His form withered slightly, a new wave of nausea hitting him full on. Yixing noticed the difference and instantly stood, walking over to his side and wrapping a caring arm around his waist to keep him up. He pressed his hand to Luhan’s side and sighed, his light green energy diving into Luhan’s side to absorb his pain. He couldn’t afford for Sehun’s other half to faint as well.

“Why doesn’t he want to see me?” Luhan asked rhetorically, his voice filled thick with emotion and tears he would willingly spread in public view. He didn’t care one bit about appearing manly, not when the boy he loved could be in pain and doesn’t even want him to know. Luhan leaned against Yixing, the younger’s scent having a calming affect just as the rest of him did. If not for the healer’s energy flowing through him, Luhan knew that he wouldn’t have been awake as he was now.

“I don’t know Lu,” Yixing murmured as he helped the older to the couch and sat him down, the beautiful boy falling against the arm of the couch weakly, “I really don’t know. I wish I could tell you what to do.” What did I do wrong?

Is it because I left  . . .

Instead of giving him an answer?

Was I supposed to?

I don’t know what to do. . .

/

Sehun curled his body into a tight ball, tugging the thick covers up and over his head to protect his face from the brutal wind bashing the walls of his room. The bottle of purified water had been knocked all across the stone floor and his dresser creaked with each push to the stone wall. What with his mind gone with the wind, there was nothing keeping his powers in check. And he could smell him now that he was back; he could smell Luhan from his own wind blowing around his room and from his very sheets. He smelled of sweet roses mixed with pink lemonade; it was odd, but familiar and all too inviting.

“I shouldn’t have told him,” Sehun mused, closing his eyes and pulling his blankets in around his body tighter, “I should’ve kept my mouth shut and pretended we were still the same. I ruined us. I ruined everything.”

“I don’t ever what to make him lose his smile again. I could never forgive myself if I did.”

 

 

 

Aishh, there goes part 2. It really wasn't what I was expecting! But I still hope you liked it and I hope to see your comments. They keep me young. XD