The Changing of Tides

A Gust of Wind to Hold My Hand

OTL I didn't think I was going to write this chapter like this but it happened and please don't be mad at me. ;~; 


"He shouldn't touch me anymore," Sehun murmured softly from inside the domain of his room, his barrier having been set since walking into the windswept walls. After giving Luhan the water bottle, Sehun departed as quickly as he had come, ignoring the flaring energy pressures rising in the room at his actions. Even so, the wind controller didn't care, not when being so close to Luhan left him weak and wounded, his heart unable to mask the pain and choosing to lash out by all means possible. Sehun sighed as the wind gently caressed his face, the blankets crinkling as they pooled around his waist. He could feel it, Luhan's energy, coming towards him, causing his innards to twist and contort in and out of focus. His vision blurred for a moment as the silver wisp pushed through the cracks in the wall and ate away at the purple energy slightly, drifting into the room as a puff of smoke. 

"I have to do this," The younger spoke, I have to push him far away. . . To where he'll never want to see me again." Sehun could feel it again, that beautiful cracking of his fragile heart as another weight was placed on it, this one much bigger than the last. Before he could gather his thoughts, there was a knock. It was small, weak, a little sound that Sehun picked up on after his wind calmed to a small breeze low enough for him to hear past his stone wall. He waited another moment, and there it was again, that knocking that was so unfamiliar because Luhan had never needed to knock before. He came and went as he pleased, the room his second home and much more occupied then his own. Sehun sat there, contemplating on what his next move would be, he could easily pretend to be sleeping, but Luhan was, to put it lightly, a genius and would easily sense his energy waves. The knock came again, weaker, smaller. Sehun was beginning to grow worried, that Luhan sensor of his own off the charts.

"Sehun, please, I need to tell you something." Even his voice had deteriorated into nothing. With a defeated sigh, Sehun raised a hand, murmuring a small chant and watching with expressionless eyes as his energy seeped away from the silver spray and floated through the air back to him, gathering in his hand as a plasma like substance. The moment his barrier wavered, the ancient oak was easily pushed open, a head of beautiful honey blond hair meeting his purple eyes. Luhan trudged inside, pressing the door closed using hall of his strength and leaning his  back against it, his face a pallid color reminding the younger of chalk.

"Sehun, I need t-to tell you something," the blond murmured, blinking his large eyes sluggishly, the pretty orbs a bit out of focus. Sehun felt that fissure permanently inside of him deepen. It would eventually tear him in half, having to go through with his original plan. He would have to break his own heart, but wasn't that better? Luhan was much, much better without him. He had told himself that so many times that now, he believed it wholeheartedly.
Before Luhan could utter another word,  Sehun barked out in a voice so much unlike his usually quiet tone,  

"Luhan, you've done enough." Luhan blinked, his mouth hanging open slightly in surprise, the shock of having Sehun speak to him in such a way leaving him blindsided.

"You've made it clear to me-" Sehun's voice only seemed to harden with each word; Luhan didn't know how to take it, the pain, so violent it set him on invisible fire.

"Sehun, wait," He tried, there was this sense, this inexplicable need to stop him from going any further. Silver dotted his vision, blurring a fraction of Sehun's face.

"That you don't feel the same and-"

"Sehun, stop-" Luhan tried to reach out him, but his fingers were trembling too much to do anything but move a few inches from his side, "Please just let me-"

"I'm done wasting my time on someone like you." 

"W-What?" Perhaps it was the shock, or maybe the sickness, but Luhan felt all of his strength crumble, his knees buckling under the loss of control. His power leaked from every ounce of him and pressed against everything, lifting Sehun's dresser, his bed, even his body a few inches from the bed along with the sheets. And suddenly, everything came to a stop, the objects and boy falling from reinstated gravity and Luhan turning away as fast as he could to pry the door open and run as fast as his weak limbs would allow. Sehun could still see him from his open doorway, watched him fall with the repressed need to go to him and disappear into the darkness after picking himself up off the floor. He felt that very fissure inside of himself tear his body in half.      

"Goodbye Luhan," he whispered silently as the silver whisped away, his wind ever so gently shutting the door. The youngest member in his family laid back against the bed with his eyes wide open, never once allowing his emotions to overcome him for fear of destroying everything in sight. But he could feel it, as his fingers trembled under the light sheets, he could feel that inexplicable emotion only humans could truly experience. Sehun could feel heartbreak.

.

Luhan ran as fast as his legs would permit him as sick as he was. Why did it hurt so bad? Why did he feel as if his world had fallen out of orbit and he was sailing towards the sun, all but ready to be burned alive? Even after falling against the hard stone floor, he still managed to stand again and keep going, with only one thought in mind, "I have to get far away from here. From him. From this." He crashed into another wall and all of the air in his chest expelled as the hard, old stone met his stomach. It left him winded, but not enough to stop him releasing a vast amount of inner energy and slipping between the cracks in the wall. It was a difficult skill that he had learned a millennium ago, but not even an ounce as powerful or effective as Kai's use of instant teleportation. He couldn't do it at will, or without the need to use up vital energy he retained in his chest and it left him drained.

Delving into the crack in the wall, Luhan flipped the dimension stream with only his thoughts, his body becoming one with the stream and leading him away, colors slipping passed him in hues of black and grey. Red danced across his vision as he rushed down a drain like entrance, falling through the sky and landing in a patch of floating fluorescent flowers. He breathed in a gust of pink air and opened his eyes to the blue moon of JYP, a dimension much different from Earth. When he had his fill of the loosely compressed air, Luhan sat up against the floating plant, his movements stiff from the difference in air pressure, and inhaled the natural scent of lilac, it was soothing to his muddled, confused brain. 

"S-Sehun said," Luhan inhaled more of the sweet air as he fought to repeat the words echoing in his head, "I'm d-done wasting my t-time on someone like y-you." But he didn't give me a chance to tell him, to let him know how I feel. He just. . . He threw it back in my face as if he had never said a word, as if he had never meant it in the first place.

Is that how he felt when I. . . Didn't say a word to his confession? Did he even mean it? I read from human study that if you love someone. . . You're supposed to fight for them.    

He must have been easily influenced to even consider love and that influence must not have had any lasting impressions for him to do this me. He probably doesn't care that he hurt me. He didn't come after me when I ran; I read that's what you're supposed to do. Luhan sighed softly and laid back against the sturdy flower and closed his eyes, quickly lulled to sleep with the soothing wind that reminded him of his. . . His brother Sehun.  

.

"Luhan?" Baekhyun called with a hint of worry in his slightly raspy tone. He had sensed a massive rumble from within the foundations in the house and it usually meant something was wrong with the second eldest, who still had a hard time separating his emotions from his ability to project. The light of EXO left the living room, where Chanyeol and Kai were in a heated battle over the remote, and traveled into the neighboring hallway, where he could see light signatures and energy waves bouncing off every aspect of the enclosed space. Watching the sad speckles of light shine caused an ache in the center of his chest.

Something had to have happened here with them for the light to be so dull, dim. It was as if the house had blew a fuse and the trajectory of the insides had gone out of sync. What happened to Luhan, Baekhyun could feel his energy, faintly, through the walls and leaking from Sehun's blocked room. He could feel the strain pulling at his very core, his power of light bursting from him to crawl into the cracks, hoping to lighten the darkness. The bright aura of his light energy glowed within the cracks and he closed his eyes, relaxing his inner self to astralproject through the time plane and find his brother quickly. He had learned the skill while training with Chanyeol, his brother and best friend. 

"Come on Hannie, where are you?" His inner self blew out with his next breath and his body crumbled to the floor as an empty shell, skin growing pallid as his breathing decreased. A light sheen of protective energy surrounded his body as his energy probed the wall and followed a lit path, connecting him to the traces of silver in the stream. Squinting his eyes, Baekhyun could see small portals opening up at his passing, but focused purely on the silver. Finding luhan was easy, much easier than finding Chanyeol, especially when the tall, lanky male liked to morph into his phoenix form and fly away.

Sinking down the drain like opening, Baekhyun slithered into the new realm and looked around, his plasma like form floating lazily through the pink air. He spotted Luhan's sleeping form easily and swam through the dense air over to his elder brother, translucent hands gently touching the slumbering boy's face. Luhan's eyes fluttered open slowly, his baby like

face becoming stressed the moment he could see.

"It's okay," Baekhyun murmured softly, pressing a hand to Luhan's head and his hand gently. If anyone could be understanding, it was Baekhyun; he was the kindest member of the family by far. Luhan's eyes brim with tears as he realized the person touching him was not who his mind had supplied. For all the world he had wished his imagination was true and Sehun was the person carding his fingers through his hair.

Baekhyun's fingers, though they could barely make any true physical contact, did feel rather nice.

"Go on back to sleep," He murmured, his soft appearance almost invisible against the pink atmosphere,

"Baekhyunnie won't leave." 

But why did Sehun?

 

 

Sehun pressed deeper into the sheets with a soft sigh of anguish. His innards twisted together in a complex making of pain that never found an outlet. Even if there had been one, the youngest would refuse to speak of his aweful deed; he didnt want to remember how carelessly he took Luhan and tossed the elder away, even if he found the reasoning to be understandable; Luhan didn't need to be with someone like him, but it was horrible all the same. With another sigh, Sehun forcefully pushed back against his energy causing a small wind storm in his room. 

"He'll be happier this way." Sehun was sure of it. He would make Luhan happy again even if it meant he could never feel that way again.

 

 

 

 

Oh my gosh, please forgive me. :(( I've had this as a draft for the longest time and I could never find the time to edit and post and oh my, I re-read it and realized I'm horrible! But don't worry! I can promise that the next chapter won't be as bad! And I still have to edit this chapter some more!