A New Scent in the Air

A Gust of Wind to Hold My Hand

Okayy, so I'm so sorry it took me forever to get this uploaded but I've been busy and omff. I'm so glad to be back so please post you're comments so I can spazz~ 

This chapter is just an opener so there isn't much going on (or at least, I don't think so), but next chapter will be even more fulfilling in a way!

Okay, I'll get out of you're hair!

Enjoy~


 

The Tree of Life, such a majestic beauty that strung the red strands connecting the powerful forces of EXO, its energy moving, through time and space, experiencing. The Tree, a living, breathing, organ with colorful bursts of energy erupting up from its trunk to circulate its wide base and vast spread of branches and inner core, was a safe haven for the EXO household, where they could be true to their inner selves and release their full power. The dimension of EXO gave each member a feeling of tranquility and belonging, love and a sense of being cherished. Without them, there would be no tree, and with no tree, no twelve forces to behold.

 The breathing, pulsing oak throbbed with the heart of twelve as a young male, beautiful to the peering eye, laid with his back to the grass that lightly ruffled in eternal breeze, his bangs softly brushing against his forehead in ticklish motions. With his head using his arms as comfortable pillows, he stared up at the night sky from the brightly lit grass, the tree just behind him, leaves falling to press reassuring fingers to the flesh of his arm.

Sehun sighed as another dose of fresh air swept across his lungs, filling him to the brim with a gentle feeling of numbing influence. This was the only place in the universe where he could leave behind the trials waiting for him back at the manor. Ever since that night, years, moments, seconds ago, the night one of his brothers found their reason to live, Sehun had come to meet a harsh reality head on. The one person he had put forth so much effort into impressing had stomped his still budding rose before it could meet its full bloom. Sehun had never known a heartbreak could ache so much, could fill him to the brim with pain and even then, still shove in bits and shards to cut away at his heart without ever stopping. He had watched plenty of human dramas and movies and even bothered to ask people at the human school he attended and from all of this he thought he had a concrete understanding of the term love.

Apparently not, considering the youngest male in his family never questioned what happened to love when it goes unreturned. Sehun peered up into the deep night sky, the stars, large, small, distant, so close he could touch them if he truly wanted to, glowed different colors as they represented another planet or solar system. Out of the rest of his family members, Sehun liked Earth the best for simple reasons, he had yet to master traveling dimensions on his own and humans were more or less, like him. They felt, experienced, avoided, conquered, loved, hated, ached just like he did, like he is. The Tree took a deep breath, a heavy gust of wind rivaling Sehun's own low altitude winds blasting leaves everywhere. Sehun smiled in understanding and used his arms to push himself into a sitting position.

 Be happy.

That was the message the tree had tried to break through to him and Sehun decided he would try, sitting here on this endless hill of lush green grass, to forget about his first heartache, his first heartbreak. He would do it for himself and for Luhan as well. Luhan had no clue that Sehun had even overheard his conversation with Chen; so technically, Sehun shouldn't act upset for no known reason. Only he knows of the pain sweeping through his organs and causing his insides to shatter one by one.

"Thank you Tree," Sehun murmured quietly with a sigh, "I should move on right?" There was no turning back after he listened to Luhan stake claim to another. He hid by and no matter how it hurt him to hear the older call Xiumin his everything, it was something he needed to know before he foolishly confessed only to have Luhan say no, or worse, have Luhan say yes out of pity instead of reciprocated love. Sehun smiled, the motion stretching his lips slightly and failing to reach his quickly watering eyes. He brought his knees close to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, laying the side of his face against them and peering out across the light ground and dark sky, a few tears dribbling down his flawless cheek.  His face was empty of emotion, as if Xiumin had deliberately frozen his features, but his eyes had turned from a deep brown to a carnal purple, his energy's visual color erupting inside of him.

A blast of wind sailed over his head as his control swayed and his cloth billowed along as his hair became messy with the uncontrolled air. As one of the youngest along with his twin brother Zi Tao, or just Tao, or Taozi as Sehun likes to call him, it was much harder for him to contain his emotions and keep his powers separate. The wind picked up in tempo, blowing the grass in a single direction to the left and forcing the free falling leaves to billow in that same direction.

This continued for a moment, until a golden energy branched out to press into his wind and lull it back to sleep. The tree was the only one that could sense his every feeling, every sensation he had ever felt before. Everyone else at the manor had no idea, perhaps Tao did given the nature of his power, but the rest were clueless as to why he decided he needed a break from school and Earth. The planet of EXO could be rather boring when occupied alone, but Sehun wanted it to be this way. Each second he spent with Luhan nearby had become painful. He still wanted him, he still liked him, gosh, he still loved all the little details about him.

"Sehun, please. Embrace what is given to you with grace. In due time, you will earn what you seek." The tree had a way of knowing just what to say; sometimes Sehun was still flabbergasted by hearing the tree speak in such a soft soothing whisper of a voice.

"But he's the only one I want," Sehun thought sadly, "And he's the only one I can want." Sehun curled into himself further, the warmth from the tree the only thing keeping him from freezing to death in the usually ice like temperature. Being one with the breathing tree itself meant it could adapt to ones very emotions, quite like Sehun's room back home, which is why the air had somehow shriveled up from the inside out, wind billowing the shimmering leaves everywhere. Thousands of the feathery soft foliage blanketed Sehun's pale skin and disappeared in a shimmering mirage of color.

The youngest of his family felt his chest sink as he exhaled, the innards of his body brewing a miniature storm in a teacup. If anything, the scenery was extremely beautiful and Sehun appreciated the alone time where he can drop his happy facade and be as sad as he wanted. But then again, he wanted someone to hold him, to murmur in his ear that he's still needed by Luhan.

"How long are you going to stay here?" How he and Suho both had the ability to sneak up on a person without so much as a sound was astounding, but Yixing was so much worse. Sehun flinched slightly, his stomach flipping as a small spurt of adrenaline thrummed through his numb veins. The wind easily dried his tears away, caressing his face before flying away in the sky once again, hoping to hide his pain away from the others. Yixing, sporting a light brown sweater and deep blue jeans, silently slid into the vacant spot by Sehun's side, slipping an arm around the younger's shoulders and pulling him into his side. Yixing was Sehun's mother in a sense after his parents died, after they were all abandoned.

"How long . . . Have you been here?" Yixing smiled at the shy tone in Sehun's voice, leaning against him for support.

"Not long; I wanted to check up on you since I was here, and Suho's been feeling tired lately so I thought I should bring him back some purified water." Suho, their Guardian; he was always caring for his family with anything and everything they wanted and needed. It was nice to know that when he was down, there was always Yixing to lift him back up.

"Ah, I see," Sehun murmured, thinking over how to proceed with the question rolling around in his thoughts, "C-Can I ask you something?" Yixing smiled, working his power to the tips of his fingers and pressing the digits against Sehun's arm to heal his tension. There was something bothering him and Yixing figured it was the perfect opportunity to find out what Luhan did to upset him so much.

"Anything Sehunnie." Sehun closed his eyes and felt Yixing's energy surge in his core, calming him just enough.

"What did Suho say when you . . . Confessed to him?" Yixing smiled, knowing now what the problem was.

"As silly as it sounds in those Disney movies and shoujo manga, I confessed because it was the only way to save him."

"What do you mean?" Yixing hummed as memories from centuries ago came back before his opened lids, erasing the scenery before him.

"I never truly realized how strong love could be for us, could be possible, until I had him in my arms, bleeding everywhere. I kept thinking the worst. What am I going to do without Joonmyeon here? How will I continue to exist without Joonmyeon by my side? In that moment, it was like I had finally solved the greatest possible puzzle the universe could offer. I needed Joonmyeon to live. I wanted to be with him more than I wanted anything else in my life. And so, I said it right there as I held him and it amplified my powers to the point where I could feel every living thing in the universe breathing. I could feel their heartbeats ending, beginning, everything in between. I'm happy it was enough for me to save him before he bled out."

"What happened after?" Yixing flushed, happy the younger couldn't see his countenance as he remembered what act he took part in after Suho was all better.

"He said he would never scare me again because he loved me." Well, that was a synopsis of what he said.

"And you've been together since?"

"Neh. We always stick together and do what's best for you and your brothers. Now will you please tell me what's wrong? It’s not like you to always be this isolated from everyone, especially Luhan." Sehun flinched.

"Gege," Sehun had a habit of sticking around the Chinese cooking channel, "what did you do before you got together with Suho? Didn't it bother you when he was always with someone else and he never paid you the attention you wanted? Didn't you ever feel so useless knowing he didn't find you as important as that someone closer to him? I mean, what I'm trying to say is-"

"What did Luhan say? Has he not been spending enough time with you?" Sehun shook his head, his jaw clenching as he gritted his teeth at the sound of Luhan's name being spoken.

"N-No, he just-he-he doesn't love me."

"Of course he loves you silly." No, no he doesn't.

"Not the way I want him to love me. He doesn't love me like that. And he never will. He said th-that Xiumin was his . . . Everything. What does that make me?" It makes me the biggest fool alive for thinking I meant something to him. Instead of replying, Yixing opted for closing his eyes and urging more of his healing energy into Sehun's responsive body, hoping to heal the aching fissure ripping a painful path along his sensitive heart.

 

/

"Have you seen Sehun?" Luhan stood in the doorway connecting the kitchen to the living room, his large doe like eyes circulating the space in search of the younger male. Everyone else seemed to be present, Chanyeol and Baekhyun sit next to each other comfortably while a movie called "Kick " played on screen, laughing loudly as the green clothed hero took a hit by an unsuspecting car. Near them, in the other white cream couch, sat the oldest couple, Suho and his gentle partner Yixing, managing to hold what resembled a deep conversation among the rush of noise, their foreheads pressed to together and shy smiles filtering between them.

Kyungsoo and, as usual, his best friend Kai sat next to him on the plain carpet, Kai comfortably laying his head on the elder’s lap while Kyungsoo's fingers worked wonders on his sensitive scalp. Luhan pouted unconsciously as he saw Xiumin, Tao, and Chen sitting off to the side, using their fingers to conjure in a rather unorthodox version of rock, paper, scissors. Yet, there was no Oh Sehun. No one answered his question, too preoccupied with their forms of enjoyment to bother with the object manipulator's worry tinged question.

"Sehun," Luhan whispered to the stale air, sighing as he raised his hand to the air, concentrating his energy to extend perfectly transparent tendrils that floated through the air and over to the television, easily raising the solid material into the air with ease. The two couples watching the movie complained in protest while catching the rest off guard.

"Luhan?" Suho tilted his head to the side to see frowning at them all.

"What's wrong?"

"Where's Sehun," Luhan attempted a second time, his patience wearing thin. Everyone looked around with curious gazes, only to realize Sehun really was missing.

"Whoa, Sehun isn't here."

"What the heck!? He was just here a few . . . ."

"He's with the Tree of Life," Yixing answered to end all confusion, sighing as the fellow members all looked to him for an answer. The Tree of Life, why would the youngest want to go there, especially by himself? And by all means, how did he get there? Luhan slowly lowered his hand, the oversized television set following the motion of his hand and resettling on its stand. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to feel with this new information, but in a way, he felt . . . Betrayed. He and Sehun did almost everything, from showering to sometimes sharing beds when Luhan feels his room is too cold to slumber alone and begs Sehun to cuddle with him. He means no harm by it, it's just that there's this attraction, as if they were opposite magnetic poles being guided towards one another, and Luhan has no control over it. Why did Sehun leave him?

"B-But, why? Why did he go alone?" Yixing forced his body to shift away from Suho, who had previously began showering his cheek in unsuspected kisses, and blinked.

"I thought you would know, since you're best friends. He said he wanted to go, so I took him. Is something wrong?" Was something wrong? Between his subconscious and his heart, there were clashing entities. His mind said nothing was wrong, Sehun was grown, in a sense, and he could do whatever he pleased without notifying anyone; but then his heart would murmur things he could barely understand, such as he loves Sehun more than his existence. He loves Sehun more than he loves Xiumin. How could that be? Luhan kept his face blank as the thoughts steadily muddled his thoughts, confusing him more than the first time he stepped foot on human soil.

"No," he spoke softly, turning his back towards his family and stepping into the kitchen, "its fine." Deep down, where he kept his powers hidden and in check, something splintered and he felt his control waver. The microwave gently raised into the air along with the refrigerator and the glasses left abandoned on the counter. I don't like this feeling, Luhan whispered quietly to himself, the dishes sailing towards the ground with a deafening smash of broken glass and porcelain. I hate this, this distance. They had never been so far apart before; Luhan felt as if the younger were slipping through his fingertips and into a world unknown.

 

His arm, it was bleeding.

 

 

Drip.

 

Drip.

 

Drip.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There you have it. Chapter 1. Kekeke.