COFFEE...SECRETS...FRIENDS

SS3 Trilogy: SERENDIPITY

(CLARE'S P.O.V.)

Why to stalk you, of course.

 


Now, what on Earth possessed you to say that, Clare?!?! You must've spooked him  off big time. Add that really stupid wink which probably seemed to him like you're a psychotic with an abnormal tic and it's a certainty that you will NEVER be seeing Choi Siwon again! Heck, the guy might even skip SS3 Manila, and if fangirls find out it's your fault....you're DEAD.  

And what's with telling him off about his shirtless performance? Aren't you the one absolutely salivating over those abs? Didn't you write a freakin' hot chapter about those very same things that you want covered? Hypocrite!


 

I was crossing a side street leading to the hotel, thinking about this and mentally kicking myself in the , so engrossed in my thoughts that I almost went past the hotel. I turned around and arrived at the lobby just in time to see LeeYan get off the cab with our numerous luggage.

 

Yeah, right. They'll believe that it's just the two of us checking in.

 

LeeYan: Noona! There you are! I was worried!

Clare: Yah, what's the urgency? You just got here.

LeeYan: Well, I was on facebook and apparently, the place has been taken over by fangirls. They've been at the lobby since this morning. As if! Super Junior won't be arriving until this afternoon.

Clare: Oh, but....

Whoa! Clare! You promised!!!

LeeYan: But...?

Clare: huh...I din't say anything.

LeeYan: Oh, come on, noona, this is me, remember? We can practically finish each other's sentences off. Now, what were you about to say?

Clare: That this is ridiculous. I bet you half of these kids aren't even checked in.

LeeYan: Hmmm..okay. Let's check in anyway. Got your card?

Clare: Yep. Come on!

 


(SIWON'S P.O.V.)

Stalk me, huh? You're in for a surprise, lady! Damn, I must've done something really good! With no effort at all, I found Cho-SiHae! And I'm pretty sure it is her! That purple devil pin is quite distinctive. Hmm...better check it again. Oh, you are so gonna do MY bidding, Cho-SiHae! I will hide you from Kyuhyun and Heechul-hyung if it's the last thing I'll do!

I was about to check online on my Blackberry when my reminder beeped. Darn. I need to go to the airport. It's time to act as if you just arrived, Choi Siwon. Apparently, this weekend requires a lot of acting!


 

(CLARE'S P.O.V.)

 

LeeYan: Spill it!!!

I was so startled I almost spilled my iced tea all over myself.

Clare: What?!?!

LeeYan: You've been acting like a lovesick puppy since you got your planner. What? Is it a handsome, rich and old Korean that'll finally take you away from all this, die early and leave you rolling in money?

Clare: What? No! Well...he's cute. But he's not old. Quite young, actually. And FYI, the day I start acting like a lovesick puppy is the day I take a gun to my head.

LeeYan: Well then, bring out the Smith and Wesson, sister! You definitely are! And please, stop it. We have made a pact to set this weekend aside for Super Junior. Even Yiuhan isn't allowed to bring up Mr.You-Know-Who for the next few days!

Oh, my dear friend! I'm so sorry I can't tell you!

Clare: Yeah, yeah, I get it. So,.where is everybody?

LeeYan: Well, Jaja is, as ususal, late. She said she can't find half of the stuff she was supposed to bring. No surprise there! Yiuhan and Janine are still at the SuJu Fiesta. Trying to find lightsticks.

Clare: Well, better call them and tell them to hurry. In the meantime, I think I just want to go to the room and check on my messages.

 


(SIWON'S P.O.V.)

Success. I slipped into the VIP area just as the rest of SJ-M arrived and viola! Nobody is aware that I didn't arrive with them. I even managed to take some photos with fans as I was waiting in line with DongHae and Henry.

I was supposed to check something online...ah, yeah! I'm going to message Cho-SiHae!


TeachMePlease: [block] on 2-25-2011 12:45:15 says:
[private] Hi, I think I already found you!


To my surprise, there was an instant reply!

Cho-SiHae: [block] on 2-25-2011 12:46:55 says:
[private] Really now? Where? I just checked in a few hours ago.



TeachMePlease: [block] on 2-25-2011 12:48:03 says:
[private] At a coffee shop, I saw the pin.




Cho-SiHae: [block] on 2-25-2011 12:52:35 says:
[private] Well, I was at a coffee shop earlier. But there are dozens of coffee shops here and you all know I'm a coffee addict. You should've approached.




TeachMePlease: [block] on 2-25-2011 12:53:10 says:
[private] No,I'm not ready. I think I'll wait a bit. Don't worry, I know how to find you again! See you later! Better get my story ready.

 


I logged off before I can wait for her answer. Time to go back to the hotel. Hmmmm...I think I want another coffee later.

 

(CLARE'S P.O.V.)

 

Hmmm...this particular subscriber is getting on my nerves a little. She keeps saying she found me but I doubt if she really has! I mean, she said she knows how to find me? How can that be possible? I never gave my contact information to anybody, and certainly, nobody knows which room I am in!

 

Hmp! Scammer. You can't win that way! I saw my cellphone and read Siwon's message one more time. Even if nothing else happens, I have this message with me as a souvenir.

 

I looked up from the computer to see LeeYan staring suspiciously at me...

 

Clare: What?!?!

 

LeeYan: Nothing.

 

Clare: You're freaking me out...

 

LeeYan: Not as much as this room is freaking me out! I just noticed that the bed is too large, there's a freaky design on the ceiling, and the mirror is directly across the bed! Not to mention the LAN cable is there, too!

 

Clare: You mean this is....?

 

LeeYan: A honeymoon suite! Jeez!!!

 

Clare and LeeYan: FREAKY!!!

 

Just then, Jaja came in with her stuff, saying she can hear us screaming from the elevator.  A couple of minutes later Janine and Yiuhan arrived from the SuJu Fiesta and forcibly booted me off the laptop, barely giving me time to log off!

 

Aisssh! The nerve of these dongsaengs! Spawn of Kyuhyun! That's what they are!

 

LeeYan : Noona, do you want to come with me?

 

Clare : Uh… Huh? What’s that?

 

LeeYan : Come on, all you did today was text on you mobile phone. And by the way why do you keep on giggling every now and then? New boy huh? Tsk tsk… This weekend is for the boys, Siwon, specifically for you.

 

Clare :  New boy? Maybe? Go ahead, I think I might take a nap in a few minutes. Be back by 7PM though so that we can have dinner… That is… If my plans won’t change.

 

LeeYan : Plans? You made other plans?

 

Clare : Still not sure though.

 

LeeYan : Fine! Anybody want anything? I’ll be leaving in a few minutes.

 

Yiuhan : Get me strawberry milk!

 

Janine : I want choco pie!

 

A few minutes after LeeYan left, I heard Neorago from my phone. Another sms. I hope it's not my boss!

 

 

Seriously?!? He's asking me to have coffee with him?!?

 

Ten minutes. I briefly contemplated changing into something more presentable and slapping on some make up but...ah, face it, Clare. You'll need a few weeks at the plastic surgeon's to even approximate the attractiveness of one of those girls he usually sees! Be thankful the guy likes to talk to you!

 

 

I arrived at the cafe to see him at our usual spot at the corner of the mezzanine (damn, we now have a spot?!?)

 

Clare: Hi there!

 

Siwon: Iced venti americano for you.

 

He handed me the familiar large plastic cup.

 

Clare: Thanks. I thought it's my turn to pay for the drinks.

 

Siwon: But I never let a lady pay, so stop insisting.

 

Clare: Ha ha! Fine.I saw something interesting on the net a few minutes ago...

 

Siwon: Really? What?

 

Clare: Your "arrival" video. Now, how did you manage that?

 

Siwon: Oh, that's easy. I just showed up at the VIP lounge and chatted with them while they were lining up on Immigrations. I suppose it's logical for people to assume that only recent arrivals can go there, but it's the VIP area.

 

Clare: Do you do these things often, then, fabricate such stories, I mean. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you, I think it's harmless anyway, I'm just curious.

 

Siwon: Well, around half of what's on the internet is fabricated in some way. People believe them because they're logical and we try not too veer away from the truth too much or say any outright lie.

 

Clare: So, how does one tell truth from fabrication?

 

Siwon: Hmmm...I would have to enumerate each one that I can recall, but that's too many, we have been together as Super Junior for a number of years! Anyway, I always believe, if in doubt, trust faith over logic.

 

Clare: Faith over logic. I better remember that. I always go with logic myself.

 

Siwon: Try it and who knows, you might like it. I can help you out with that. Anyway, tell me, how do you plan to conduct this "stalking"....?