Chapter Two

Blind Love

 

 

 

“I HATE YOU” yelled the young girl.

“JIYEON! Apologize” Soyeon yelled back.

“NEVER. I will never apologize to her”. Hissed Jiyeon; pointing at the woman who was standing behind the angry Soyeon. The older girl was about to slap her across the face but a hand prevented her from going any far.

 

“It’s okay Soyeon-ah, I don’t blame her”. The woman turned to the young girl and gave her a sad smile, her eyes reflecting how much she cares for the girl in front of her. She didn’t want this to happen, she didn’t want to see her family break-apart like this. “Jiyeon-ah, just remember that I will love you forever” the woman whispered, her voice full of love and concern.

 

Jiyeon’s eyes flared with hatred, she clenched her hands into fists so she wouldn’t do something she would regret for the rest of her life. “Well, guess what? I don’t”.

 

--

 

“YOU KILLED MY SISTER”

 

“MURDERER”

 

“Baby, this is not your fault.” A hand placed on her back “Jiyeon, don’t listen to them”.

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon woke up in the middle of the night. Her body was shaking and cold sweat covering her entire body. She sits up panting, trying to control her heartbeats. Those nightmares never let her sleep peacefully the past few weeks.

A tear rolled down her face. She held her knees close to her body and let her tears flow freely. “I’m sorry” she mumbled, barely heard it herself.

The pain and guilt of what happened never left her. She ruined her life and her sister’s. She ruined her future and mostly … her family.

Jiyeon wiped her tears and made her way out of her room. She wants to run away from her nightmares and the darkness. But she never could; her blindness only makes her feel worse.

Fear and panic overwhelmed her. Everything happened two years ago replied itself again and again inside her head as if it was hunting her down. She moved her hand to , trying to muffle her sobs.

She tried to control her breathing but it was harder than she thought, she tried to swallow the lump in but it hurts and stings making her lost eyes produce more tears.

A sob slips out of her dry mouth involuntarily not long after, another sob followed. Jiyeon tripped and fell to the ground making her cry loudly. The darkness she’s in becomes unbearable. The voices in her dreams haunted her again. “I’m sorry” she choked out.

“I’M SORRY”. Jiyeon broke down and started yelling.

“Jiyeon!” Soyeon came out of her room, she stopped in her tracks, shocked when she saw the state her sister’s in.

“Jiyeon, baby” Soyeon whispered softly trying to comfort her sister.

Jiyeon felt her sister’s hands grab her shoulders, pulling her to her embrace.

“Soyeon-ah, I’m sorry”. Jiyeon apologized. “Shhhh, it’s okay ... everything is going to be alright” Soyeon said kissing the top of Jiyeon’s head.

Soyeon stood up and helped Jiyeon to stand up “C’mon lets go back to bed”.

“Can I sleep with you today?” Jiyeon asked holding tight to her sister’s arm like a scared child, the fear of being lonely scares her to death. Soyeon softened at the sight of her little sister she kissed her forehead before heading to her room. “Of course”

 

Jiyeon crawled into the middle of the bed. Soyeon lay down beside her and covered both of them with bed covers. Tangling both of their legs together Jiyeon snuggled into her sister searching for her warmth.

"Thank you unnie". A smile crept into the older girl's face.

“Goodnight Jiyeon”. it wasn't everyday that her younger sister showed this side of her after what happened two years ago.

 

 

--

 

 

“Appa I’m going now, see you in the afternoon” kissing her father goodbye, Eunjung went out to have a fresh air, humming to herself and walking in her neighborhood.

Passing the Park family’s house an idea popped in her head ‘This should be good’.

Eunjung knocked the door and waited patiently. A beautiful young lady with a mole on her nose opened the door. Eunjung jaw dropped “Damn, she’s beautiful” Eunjung mumbled absentmindedly. The girl at the door looked at her with an amused look on her face “Sorry, did you say something?”.

Eunjung shook her head frantically “No! no I’m sorry. I just came here to see if Jiyeon’s here”. Eunjung smiled politely “And may I ask, what’s your name?”.

“Qri, and you are?”.

Eunjung smiled at the girl and offered her her hand “I’m Ham Eunjung, we just moved here”. Qri smiled after shaking the latter’s hand. “I’m afraid that, Lady Jiyeon doesn’t want anyone to disturb her right now. I’m sorry Miss Ham” Qri said with a sad smile on her face.

Eunjung smiled back “Okay then, I’ll visit later. But can you tell her that I came?”

“Sure, and nice to meet you Miss Ham” Qri bowed.

Eunjung shook her head “Nah, just call me Eunjung”.

As soon as Qri closed the door Eunjung snuck around the house to the garden. She looked at the cherry tree expecting to see the girl lying under it but much to her dismay, she wasn’t there.

 

“What are you doing here” The sudden voice made Eunjung’s heart jump out of its place.

“OH! Good God” She placed her hand on her heart to slow down her racing heart.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you”. Eunjung looked at the older girl with an ashamed look. “I’m sorry I just wanted to see Jiyeon”. Soyeon pinched her nose-bridge “If you came here because you want to apologize, it’s not the right time” tiredness and annoyance were visible in Soyeon’s tune. Eunjung’s taking aback by the older girl’s tune “No I didn’t, I came here yesterday and apologized. I’m sorry for disturbing. I’ll leave”.

“No wait, I’m sorry for being such a , you’re nice.” Soyeon sighed “how about you come in, and have a cup of tea?”.

Eunjung hesitated before she answered “I’d love to”.

 

 

“So tell me more about yourself Eunjung-ssi” Soyeon said sipping on her bitter tea. Eunjung placed her tea on the table before answering the latter “I’m Ham Eunjung-“.

“I know that already” Soyeon chuckled. Eunjung laughed “I know I’m just fooling around”. “I’m twenty-one years old, I study at DongGook University – Performing arts”. Soyeon looked at her impressed. “That’s nice, so you planning to be an actress?”

“Yeah, also I am into singing and music.” Excitement’s visible on the younger girl’s face and tune. “Really” Soyeon looked at the girl interested. “I study Music in a private university”.

“Wow, that’s cool.” Eunjung’s eyes widen in admiration “Can you sing something for me?”. Soyeon laughed at the look on Eunjung’s face and stood up “Come with me then”.

 

 

“Oh.My.God” Eunjung squealed, jumping around the place, her eyes sparkling like a kid. “You have a studio in your house!”. Soyeon looked amused at the girl in front of her “Yeah, I got this room as present for my birthday three years ago”. Eunjung looked at the instruments fascinated “That’s dope”. Soyeon grabbed the white guitar on the stand before she moved to sit on the comfortable black settee in the studio. Eunjung followed and sat next to her. Soyeon played a little on the strings to make sure they’re tuned. “Here we go”.

 

Soyeon - What Should We Finish

 

Soyeon placed the guitar in its place her back facing Eunjung she swallowed the lump in and wiped the tear that fell from her eye. In the other hand goosebumps covered all Eunjung’s body she felt something she never felt before ‘So beautiful’. She’s speechless, tears streaming down her face. “Wow” is the only word she could muster.

 

A knock on the door interrupted the silence “Unnie”. Soyeon cleared and opened the door “Yes baby?”. Jiyeon moved to her sister and hugged her “It’s been a long time since you sang this song”. Soyeon her sister’s hair and kissed her forehead “I’m sorry you heard” Jiyeon smiled and shook her head “No it made me feel better to be honest”. Eunjung wiped her tears “Hello Jiyeon-ssi”. Jiyeon’s face turned upside-down, the once plastered smile on her face turned into annoyance and shocked expressions, she pushed her sister away feeling a little bit embarrassed that the unwanted girl saw her soft side “What are you doing here, I thought you’re gone?” Jiyeon hissed. A knowing smile crept to Eunjung’s face “You were stalking me?”

Jiyeon’s eyes widen with shock and embarrassment “No I wasn’t, Qri told me you came to visit then you left” said Jiyeon defensively. Eunjung scoffed “Yeah, right”.

Jiyeon is raging with anger now “Oh please shut the up”. Soyeon sighed “Jiyeon be polite and say sorry, I invited Eunjung-ssi to come in”. Jiyeon huffed and turned around she called her maid Leah to take her to the garden. Eunjung was highly amused by the brunette antics “By the way nice spong bob pajama”. Soyeon chuckled; no one ever dared to strike Jiyeon like that.

Jiyeon’s face reddened and walked out of the studio yelling at her maid “Take me to my room Leah”. Soyeon and Eunjung burst out laughing “You did not just do that”. Eunjung laughed “I just love teasing her, I guess I’ll be going now.” Eunjung walked to Soyeon and offered her her hand “Lovely meeting you Soyeon-ssi, and your voice is incredible”. Soyeon shook Eunjung hand “Please just call me Soyeon, and I’m glad you enjoyed listening to me”. An idea popped to Soyeon’s head “how about you join us on dinner today?”.

“Yeah, that would be lovely”. Eunjung walked out of the front door “See you later Soyeon”.

“Goodbye Eunjung”.

 

--

 

“Jiyeon” the older girl entered her younger sister’s room “Eunjung-ssi is joining us today on dinner”.

“You must be kidding me”.

“Nope I’m not, and I told Qri to get you a dress”. Soyeon’s quite happy to say the least that Eunjung has this thing about her that makes Jiyeon get raged and it makes Soyeon feels better. ‘Doesn’t that make me a bad sister that I’m happy because my sister is mad?’ Soyeon shrugged it off ‘in a good way I guess’.

“What? No!” Jiyeon scoffed “I don’t want to wear a dress for her”. Soyeon raised an eyebrow “Who said you are going to wear the dress for ‘her’”.

“Whatever” Jiyeon ignored her sister and grabbed her stick before walking out of the room.

‘God my sister is a right psycho, first she apologized and cried her eyes out, then she’s acting all loved up, and finally she’s back to the “I don’t give a ” bad mood Jiyeon’

Soyeon clapped her hands together and shut her eyes tight “God please give me patience”.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Please leave a comment and your thoughts of this chapter or story.

And I'm sorry for the long wait guys I was pretty much busy. and I promise that I'll update tomorrow or the day after.

and again please leave a comment, you don't know how much it makes me happy to see the "New Comment!" bar on top of my page :p

 

Love you lots

 

-F

 

Follow me on twitter: @SsoKyul34