Baro does the job

Rebel Makeover

 

------------------------

CHAPTER 15 –Baro does the job.

Currently, the gang of five handsome boys also known as B1A4 are in their hiding place. They are gathered there for a discussion regarding the Rebel Makeover.

Everybody was engaged into different businesses of their own. Gong Chan was playing with the cards; Sandeul was flipping a cook book; Baro was texting; CNU was busy with his Ipad and Jinyoung was preoccupied with twitting in his laptop.

Sandeul heaved a sigh after a long silence.

“ <*sigh>Mr. Lee has not yet sent us our next mission. What do we do now? We’ve been waiting for like five days already.” He stated.

<*no response>

<*intense thinking>

<*silence>

CNU rested his Ipad on his lap and opted to break the ice.

“How about we plan for the ‘shortcut’? Don’t you think we need to decide now on how we are going to answer the questions?”

“You are right. The shortcut to the goal. If we’re able to answer the questions then maybe convincing Ri An to be back to her old self would be easier!” Baro agreed.

“BUT! There a big ‘but’ there hyungs. We all know that people don’t just open up so easily to people they barely known. Noona will definitely not speak a word for an answer, even to me. That’s for sure.” Gong Chan stopped playing and collected the scattered cards on the floor.

“That’s brilliant!” Jinyoung exclaimed impulsively.

They all turned their heads to the leader, “ehh?!”

“What’s brilliant about that, hyung? For Pete’s sake! It’s a big prob! A prob isn’t supposed to be ‘brilliant’. It has always been the nega. And a nega will never be brilliant.” Baro reacted.

<*silence>

<*silence part two>

<*crickets crickets>

<*let the fly pass for a while>

“Uhm… leader, are you not going to explain something? That brilliant thing?”Sandeul blurted breaking the long silence once again.

Jinyoung stared at each of s’ faces then sighed heavily.

“I was thinking… If Ri An won’t open up regarding the questions, then maybe. Just maybe, we could use her bestfriend to dig up some facts.”

“Oh that blond WITCH?!!” Gong Chan yelped.

“Wae? You seem to be in real shock. Do you… like her?” Baro grilled giving Gong Chan a quizzical glance.

“A… Ani! No freaking way! There’s no way for me to fall for a little witch! Hmp!” Gong Chan stood up and headed towards the exit.

“Yoh, I was just kidding.” Before he could say more, Gong Chan has left the room already. “…he’s too obvious.”

“Okay, going back. Baro do the job.” CNU assigned.

 “Wha… WHAT?”

“Yes! Baro would be perfect for that job.” Sandeul assented.

“You meet Ha Ni tomorrow and try to ask about RiAn’s past. Don’t go directly with the questions that we need to answer so the plan won’t be discovered.”Jinyoung added.

“Wait… Why me?”Baro cried.

“I can’t handle girls like that.” Sandeul disclosed.

“Ha Ni was the first one who called me ‘jerk’.” Jinyoung said.

“I am too old for that sort of things.” CNU reasoned.

“And me?” Baro pointed to himself.

“You, Baro, drove away the maknae. So, you get the task instead. Besides, you have an innate talent of making girls fall for your spells and traps in a short length of time. Why fuss? That’s way easy for you,” Jinyoung explained.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha Ni was in the university library doing some research about her Physics Project. She browsed through the book shelves.

“Thermo… dynamics… Aha! Here it is!”

She pulled out the thick book and—

“Yoh.”Baro greeted, peeking between the space where the book that Ha Ni took was previously placed.

“AAAAHHHHHH!”

Almost in an instant, all heads turned glaring at the bolt from the blue, Nam Ha Ni.

“Sshhh… you are not supposed to make noise in a library.” Baro shushed, putting his forefinger across his lips.

“Hmff!” She ignored Baro and got back to her work. She scanned the books in the shelf. She noticed Baro was still following her behind the shelf. *Is he following me?!*

“You got something to say?” ha Ni glared at him in the tiny spaces of the shelf.

“I like you.” Baro suddenly blurted out.

“You…what?” Ha Ni stuttered upon hearing something that seems to be a confession; a very sudden one.

Baro pulled out a book from the shelf, giving him a good view of Ha Ni’s reaction. He stared at her intently then smirked.

“This book… I liked it.” He showed the book in the air.

Ha Ni hissed in annoyance. “Get lost.”

*Argh! What a perfect way to ruin my day.*

She then strode towards her table to start reading the books which relates to her physics project.

She seated and flipped the pages.

“Thermodynamics…” She mumbled while browsing through the book’s table of contents. Her forefinger sliding against the book, following her gaze in each phase she’s silently reading.

Too focused on skimming through the book, Ha Ni didn’t notice Baro sat on the opposite side of the table, facing her. He held out his hand and his other arm was folded on the table.

He pointed on the Ha Ni’s book.

“There it is. Thermodynamics.”

Ha Ni was still preoccupied with the contents of the book, “where?” She moved her finger to where Baro’s forefinger was pointing.

“Here.”

Baro motioned his forefinger meeting Ha Ni’s. Both tips of their forefingers touched.

“Muh?” Ha Ni straightened up, curious of whose finger it was.

“Annyeong~” Baro sang while making a peace sign.

Instantaneously, Ha Ni’s curious expression turned into a frown at the sight of Baro. *Him again?*

 

---------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE…

“Baro… can make girls fall for his spells and traps? Really?” CNU sarcastically asked Jinyoung.

The two were in the same library as Baro. They were spying on them, eavesdropping, and making sure if there is progress with Baro’s interrogation with Ha Ni.

CNU and Jinyoung were seated next to Ha Ni’s table.They were holding up newspapers, covering their faces.

“Not really. But we’ll see. I honestly only said that just to convince him.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ha Ni held up her book making it stand on the table covering her face from Baro’s intense stare.

“Go away I don’t talk to strangers,” she said behind the book.

To her dismay, Baro pulled down her book. “Baro is the name. Physics major. I’m RiAn’s friend. And you are Nam Ha Ni, her pretty bestfriend.”

*Pre… pretty… bestfriend?* A tint of pink spread on her cheeks.

“Now that we know each other, you can now talk to me, right?” Baro beamed hopefully.

“Aisshh. What do you want to talk about anyway?”

Baro’s expression abruptly became serious, “About Ri An. I wanna know about her.”

“Ri… ri An?” She knitted her brows.

“Yes. Why? Why do you look crestfallen?” Baro leaned forward, directing his eyes at Ha Ni. “Are you disappointed that it’s not about you?”

Ha Ni rolled her eyes, avoiding his gaze. “A… Ani. I was just… shocked. What do you want to know about Ri An?”

“Her past. How did she became like that?”

“Like what?”

“You know… black on black outfit, getting into troubles, so on and so forth. Tell me the story behind all those.”

----------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE…

“Channie, are you sure we won’t get caught with this disguise? I look like a rock punk.” Sandeul fixed his crimson-colored dishevelled wig. He has heavy eyeliner on his eyes and black lipstick.

“Positive, hyung! You looked great. Trust me.”

“Yeah but you look stupid with that extra-large bee-like shades. <*scratched head>This wig is damn itchy!”

“Shh! Quiet hyung. Let’s try to act as if preoccupied with these books.” Gong Chan whispered.

 

--------------------------------

“Oh…kay? You do know that she had lived in U.S. for three years, right?” Ha Ni asked.

“She did?!!!” Sandeul shrieked in his high-pitched voice.

“Huh?” Ha Ni ‘s forehead creased in confusion. *Who was that?* She looked at Baro questioningly.

“Aissh! You guys should really stop eavesdropping to other’s conversation!”

“What?” Ha Ni was even more confused.

Baro stood from his seat and advanced to the table adjacent to theirs. He jerked the newspapers from Jinyoung and CNU.

“Hyungs, what do you think you are doing?”

“Re… reading?” they lied in chorus.

Baro slapped his forehead in frustration then strode to the nearest book shelf. He found two weirdly-dressed boys. The two tiptoed, trying to make an escape.

“Not so fast, weirdos” Baro grabbed their the back of their collars before they could get away.

*Caught* Gong Chan and Sandeul thought.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All five boys were now seated in one table with a blond Nam Ha Ni in a café stand just next to the library.

Uneasiness filled the air.

Ha Ni examined each of their guilty faces. She decided to break the silence which taken over the atmostphere for twenty minutes already.

“So… You all are interested about Ri An to the extent that you even disguised yourselves and poked your noses in to hear our conversation. Am I getting it right?”

<*subtle nods>

“Wae? Why do you eagerly want to know about her?” She interrogated.

“…because she’s… pretty?”Baro answered hoping Ha Ni would take that as an answer.

“<*glared> Do you think I am that stupid to believe such a lame excuse?”

“No… NO.” Baro lowered his head, pulling his cap down to cover his guilty face.

Jinyoung then stood from his seat and nudged CNU asking him to do the same. Ha Ni looked up at them, puzzled.

“Pardon our rudeness, miss. By the way, my name is Jinyoung and this is CNU.” Jinyoung introduced.

CNU placed both of his hands on Sandeul’s and Gong Chan’s head.

“And this two weirdos are Sandeul and Gong Chan. We are all friends with Ri An.”

“We’re pretty positive that she had not mention to you about the five of us but we assure you that we are good people who cared for her just as much as you do.” Sandeuluttered.

All this time, Gong Chan was unknowingly staring at Ha Ni. *I didn’t know she is this pretty…* He shook his head. *No. She’s a witch, Gong Chan Shik. An UGLY EVIL WITCH.*

“Why are you staring?” Ha Ni raised an eyebrow at Gong Chan.

“Wha… <*cough> Dream on, witch. I wasn’t staring at you. I was looking at the… bushes over… there.” He avoided her gaze, shifting his eyes outside the window.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

WRITER'S NOTE:-

I need some reviewers... T_T

I kind of don't trust my writing abilities already... Err...

Comment on what you think about this chap.

I badly don't have any idea why I made it this way.

Can anybody imagine how Nam Ha Ni look like?

Because....I honestly do not.

You can name an idol who can at least represent her

let me know who that is by commenting.

Thanks for your time.

Silent readers are still welcome~!