iNTROduCTiOnS

Rebel Makeover

 

 

CHAPTER 13 – INTRODUCTIONS

B1A4 was only famous at Moran. Though four of the members are studying at the University of South Korea, they don’t often meet on school grounds (which explains why they are barely noticed; you know like being famous with their handsome looks). They usually hang out outside the campus – in their hiding place for example.

Only this day did the B1A4 members decided to go together at the university in order to get their mission done. Putting them all together makes them stand out like idols often seen in TV screen.

You were just about to head towards the staircase when Gong Chan’s voice caught your attention.

“HYUNGS! THERE SHE IS!”

All heads turned to your direction.

You spun around to see Gong Chan coming to you with open arms. In an instant, your eyes grew big at the sight of a giant maknae coming your way. Horrified, you immediately covered your eyes with your palms.

“Ah!” You yelped as you felt a tight hug lifting you off the ground.

“Noona!!!” Gong Chan spun you around with his embrace.

“Gong Chan! Put me down, this instant!”

*Strike ONE. Four to go.* Baro thought upon hearing you mention Gong Chan’s name.

Gong Chan did just as you demanded. Grinning, he gave you a quick peck on your cheek.

The prying girls behind were startled, at the same time jealous. Dark envious air filled the hallway emanating from the prying students.

You felt a chill upon receiving their death glares. Without a word, you turned your back and headed to the staircase.

“Noona. Where are you going?”

You just shrugged and spoke in English.

“Somewhere else where I can be at peace.”

[Koreans can hardly understand or speak the English language. That is why you thought speaking in that language would be safe enough to escape from the infernal scene.]

Much to your surprise, Gong Chan was able to get a hint of what you just said.

He replied to you in English as well, “WE’RE COMING WITH YOU.”

-------------------------------------

YOUR POINT OF VIEW

Are they still following me? I don’t hear any fuss from behind now.

I turned my head veeeerysloooowly and peeped at the corner of my eyes. They’re gone. I spun on my heels and darted my eyes everywhere.

Nope. No signs of B1A4. Oh well, better get going Ri An.

As I was about to turn back around—

“NOONA!!!”

Gong Channie appeared from ‘God-knows-where’.

Good Jesus! My heart! I placed my hand over my shocked heart. I heaved a deep sigh to prepare my megaphone mouth for a deadly yell to this giant cute creation of God – Channie.

“GOOONNNGGGG CHHAAANNNN!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT!!! STOP FOLLOWING ME!!!” I yelled.

Then he stood there and started biting his thumb with his puppy eyes like he’s about to cry.

Kyaaah! He’s really cute when he does that!

So, I waved my hands in defeat, “Ok, what do you want?”

“I want to introduce my hyungs to you, noona.”

I crossed my arms on my chest and raised an eyebrow. I tapped my feet, “Alright. Where are they?”

“Hyungs! You may come out now! One by one!”

One by one?! What are they up to? What are they hiding under their sleeves?

The first to come out was a guy which I assure, one or two years older than me. He had a lengthy hair for a man yet he appeared so masculine and handsome with it. And he had a—

Wait, why is he wearing a nametag?

“Noona, this is Shin Dong Woo. You can call him CNU.”

I gave him a puzzled look. “C… N… U…?”

“Hi. It’s an honour meeting such a beautiful lady like you.” He bent down and reached for my hand and kissed it.

Whoa. Such a gentleman.

Second to appear is another outstandingly pretty faced blond boy. He looked cute with the cap he’s wearing.

“Ok, standing before you, noona, is Cha Sun Woo. He prefers to be called as ‘Baro’.”

I just stared at his name tag. What’s with the nametags really?

“Whassup?” He gestured his arm with a salute.

“Noona. What’s his name again?”

Huh? I tilted my head and answered.

“Ba… Ro…”

Why is Gong Chan acting like a teacher all of the sudden?

Then he introduced another boy. He said his name was Lee Jung Hwan. Reminds me of a no human being douchebag– LEE…Byunghyun.

Jung Hwan wants me to call him Sandeul instead. Good.

“Read.” Gong Chan pointed at Sandeul’s nametag.

“San… deul.” I frowned.

What’s this about? They are up to something. I can feel it.

Gong Chan… Is he yelling at me like a teacher? I think he is. Gosh. This sure is boring me to death. Good thing there’s only one ‘hyung’ left.

The last one is an overly cute guy who—

Wait a minute. It’s the JERK!

“Noona… don’t just stare. Read his nametag. J-I-N-Y-O-U-N-G.Easy, right?”

He even spelled out this jerk’s name. Iiiihhh. I’ll just speak and…

“J… J… Ji…” They leaned their heads closer, waiting for me to utter his name.

But well, no way. I gave them a deadpan expression and uttered,

“J… JERK.”

--------------------------------

I left them behind with a disappointed look on their faces.Sheesh. Why would they want to hear me say that jerk’s name?

Two hours have passed after that weird introduction. Now is time for lunch. Ha Ni had a class from 11:30am to 2:00pm so that means I’m going to have my lunch ALONE.

I really don’t eat at school cafeteria so here I am at JaesunSikdang trying out their specialty – soft tofu stew.

I was busy with my meal when I noticed five boys pushing the chairs and seated on my table.

Ugh! I mentally slapped my forehead in frustration. It’s them again. What do they call themselves again? Ah, B1A4? What a lame name. I straightened up and glared at them.

“Whaddayahwant?”

“Noona, let’s play a game.” Gong Chan whispered.

I glanced at the others as my forehead creased in confussion. Hmm… They are silent… as if letting the maknae lead. Suspicious…

“What game?” I asked with a feeling of annoyance.

“A game called ‘Introducing Me’.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Are we not done with the introductions yet?”

Ignoring my inquiry he continued with the game mechanics.

“It’s a guessing game which involves memorization.”

“Guessing? Memorization?” I titled my head questioningly.

“All of us will be revealing part of ourselves such as our likes and dislikes. Each of the details is need to be put in mind. Afterwards, we’ll proceed with the guessing or like matching a said characteristic to the person who has it.”

“That’s… lame. And boring.” I picked up the glass and have a drink of water.

“Muh? You’re not playing?”

Gong Chan bit his thumb and flashed his puppy eyes.

Dammit. Not those puppy eyes again. Must. Not. Give. In.

He blinked twice and pouted his lips, his hand under his chin as he drawn his face nearer and nearer. Stop it. I bit my lips trying not to fall for the maknae’s trick again.

Oh! I give up. He’s damn adorable.

“Ok. Ok. I’ll play with yah. Happy?”

“So muuuuuccccchhh!” He puckered his lips into a flying kiss and made a smooch sound.

“Aigoo… You…” I pinched his cheeks.

-----------------------------------------------

NARRATOR’S POINT OF VIEW

You all agreed that if you were able to answer all ten questions regarding the five boys’ personalities and characteristics which they mentioned, then, you’ll have the opportunity to make them do something for you. That, you thought would be your key for them to stay away and stop bothering you.

Now let’s proceed with the ‘Introducing Me’ game. <*The questions here are basic facts about B1A4. I’m certain that most of you readers knew about these already.>

“First question, whose favourite colour is black?” Sandeul threw the first query.

“Dong Woo.” You answered proudly.

“Hmph. <*bites lower lip>Who among us hates spiders?” Jinyoung asked.

“Sandeul.”

“Hmm… who among us looked like a squirrel-hamster life form?” Gong Chan smiled with his eyes.They chuckled at the maknaes’ silly question which was instantly answered by you.

“Baro!”

“Hey! That’s an invalid question!” Baro whined.

“Invalid yet she got it correct <*chuckles>”Sandeul sneered.

“Alright, next question… Who can play guitar?” CNU took his turn.

“Uh… <*looked up then back to them> yes. The jerk can.”

“WRONG!” They all pointed to you.

“Wae? He just mentioned a while ago that he can… How can I be wrong?” You reasoned out.

Jinyoung stood up from his seat and leaned forward, his palm placed on the table. Your breath was caught up in your throat as his face zoomed in. His face was just centimetres away from yours then your heart raced in your chest when he came even closer.

Everything in the background disappeared in your sight and you were deafened by your heartbeat. You swallowed the lump forming in your throat as this red-haired man’s captivating eyes aimed at yours.

He opened his mouth; his warm breath touched your skin. “Yes, you are correct. But sorry, jerk is just not the right answer….” He whispered on your ear,

“…it’s Jinyoung, Miss Park Ri An.”

He then leaned back to his seat. You could swear you caught his lips smile for a fraction of a second. *Ji… Jinyoung.*

“Ok, next question!” Gong Chan clapped twice getting their attention back to the game.

“Ehem. Who among us is as ugly as a reptile like turtle plus croco?” Baro grinned expecting you to say Gong Chan’s name.

Much to his dismay, you replied. “Eh? No one.”

“Who hates bugs?” Sandeul asked.

“C-N-U.”

Now was Jinyoung’s turn to give the question. You refused to look at him with your face feeling hotter than before.

“Who has the phobia of death?”

His voice had mysteriously made you stutter, “G… Go… Gong… Chan.”

“Who can play piano?”

“Sandeul.” Your head was now lowered.

“Who can do beatbox?”

“Baro.”

“Who loves red?” This last question made you uneasy. You tried to catch a glimpse of the person whose name was about to be mentioned. He’s not looking so you decided to speak.

“Jer…err… Jinyoung.”

Accidentally, at the mention of his name, he looked up meeting your gaze.

This fleeting eye contact sent you into a hypothetical slow motion.

*His eyes… They’re mysteriously… beautiful.*

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

WRITER'S NOTE:

Sorry for the late update folks!

Mianhae..........

blame this ----------> SCHOOL PRESSURE