Hello Stranger

A Piece of Paper

 

Ding Dong

Tracy ran to her door hurriedly to see who it was. “Coming!” she said happily.

She got to her door and quickly opened it. The person from the other side was also excited to see her, hugging her as soon as the person saw Tracy.

“Oh, hi, Pauline!” she said, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. She hugged her back though. She was also happy to see Pauline, her best friend. But deep inside she knew it was Peniel whom she wanted to see the most.

“Hey,” Pauline said, letting go of Tracy and hitting her arm, “Don’t you miss me? Why do you sound like you’re not even happy to see me?”

“I missed you! And I am happy to see you~” Tracy explained herself, “It’s just that…”

“It’s just what?”

“I’m missing someone else…” Tracy couldn’t help but smile as soon as she thought of Peniel.

“Ohh~ that’s something new. Who is it then?”

“A boy I like”

“What’s his name?”

“Peniel”

“You should tell me all about him!”

“Alright. Let’s just get out of here first, I’m starving.”

Tracy and Pauline went to the nearest restaurant. Tracy told Pauline about how she met Peniel and how he asked her to be her girlfriend and everything. Pauline was so happy for Tracy. She wanted to meet Peniel right away.

“Why are you here, anyway?” Tracy asked. She wanted to know how her best friend’s doing, too. “I thought you had classes until next week?”

“I was on my way home. And I happen to be around your neighborhood. I know that you’re already on vacation, so I decided to pay you a visit.”

“Oh, you should come here more often when your vacation starts.”

“Sure! And by the way, this Peniel guy, does he have friends? I want to widen my circle of friends, my guy friends that is. Of course you know what I mean.”

“Haha! Hmm, let me think… Oh, he does! He has this group and they dance together.”

“Ohh~ ‘group’. I like how that sounds.”

They laughed together. They both missed talking to each other like this. They couldn’t stop talking to each other, until Tracy’s phone rang.

“It’s Peniel.” Tracy told Pauline.

“Answer it! Answer it!” Pauline said.

Tracy quickly answered the call. “Hello?”

Hey, Tracy! How are you?”

“Oh, just the same. And you?”

Same old, same old. Say… are you free right now?”

“Not exactly. Why is that?”

Oh, what are you doing right now? The Hyungs wanted to meet you.”

“I’m with my friend; we’re eating at a restaurant near my house. If I can bring her with me, maybe I can come.” Tracy said, smiling at Pauline. Pauline’s expression got brighter just by the thought of it.

If she’s a girl, I’m sure they’ll be excited.”

“Haha! She is. What time do we need to come?”

I don’t know yet. I’ll call you once they’re ready.”

Alright. Call me soon, okay?”

Sure. Can’t wait to see you again.”

“Me too. I guess I’ll see you later.”

Okay then. Take care.”

As soon as they hung up, Pauline let go of the squeal she’s been trying to hide. “Ahhhh~ Tracy!! You guys are so sweet.”

Tracy smiled back in reply.

Pauline couldn’t hide her excitement. “I can’t wait to meet Peniel and his frie-“

She wasn’t able to say anything when a boy suddenly took Tracy outside the restaurant. She didn’t say anything, thinking it was Peniel.

On the other hand, Tracy could not believe what was happening. This guy kept dragging her until they were in an alley.

 

“Excuse me… But, who are you?” Tracy said. She was a little scared but she was calm. She wanted to shout at this boy. But she couldn’t. He had this certain energy in him that was somehow lovable.

The boy just smiled at her, he looked into Tracy’s eyes as if it was the last thing he could do.

They looked at each other for a while, not knowing what to say. It was the boy who broke the silence.

He stepped an arm’s length away from Tracy and extended his arms fully until they were on her shoulders. Never leaving her gaze he said, “How come you’re this far from me when you’re talking to me.” He was emphasizing the distance between them. “And how come whenever you talk to other people, you’re this close.” He pulled Tracy closer to him, less than a foot away.

Tracy could not answer. They were so close to each other. Plus the boy’s gaze almost melted her. She did not know how to respond.

The boy took Tracy’s chin, bringing her face to his. Tracy shut her eyes immediately, not knowing what he will do next. She could feel her heart beating so fast.

“Don’t worry. I’m not gonna do anything to my Hyung’s girl.”

Hyung?’ Tracy thought. She opened her eyes, questioning the boy with her gaze.

“I’m Ilhoon,” the boy answered, understanding her confusion, “Peniel-hyung asked me to fetch you.”

Tracy went back to her senses as soon as she heard his name. She quickly took a step away from Ilhoon. “Peniel asked you to fetch me? Why?” She asked him.

“Well, one, he didn’t want you to go alone. Two, you don’t know where you’ll be meeting later, right?”

“But I won’t be going alone. I told him that I’ll be bringing my friend with me. And why couldn’t he do it himself?”

“She doesn’t seem much of a bodyguard. I live nearby, and I happen to be on my way to meet them too, so Hyung called me to stop by and fetch you on my way.”

“Oh…” Tracy couldn’t think of a counter statement. ‘This boy is good with his words.’ She thought.

“So, are you coming with me or what?”

“I’ll have to get my friend first.”

 

They got to the restaurant and saw Pauline; boredom was all over her face.

“Hey, Pauline, I’m back.” Tracy said.

“What took you so long? And why aren’t you introducing me to Peniel?” Pauline asked, pointing at Ilhoon. Ilhoon smiled at her.

“He’s not Peniel. His name is Ilhoon, Peniel’s friend. Peniel asked him to come with us on our way there.” Tracy kept explaining, but Pauline couldn’t concentrate. Her eyes were on Ilhoon. “So… let’s go?”

Pauline quickly stood up. ‘If Peniel and his friends look this good, I’ll be happy to come with Tracy everytime.’

“Hey, are you ok, Tracy?” Ilhoon asked Tracy, stopping Pauline from her thoughts.

“Yea. I’m just worried.”

“Of what?” Pauline asked, confused.

“Of what Peniel thinks of me now.”

“Don’t worry; I’m sure he misses you, too. He told me he couldn’t wait to see you again.” Ilhoon replied. He looked at Tracy with a smile, as if telling her that nobody will know what happened.

Ugh, why is he so good with his words??’ Tracy thought, she kept on trusting Ilhoon for some reason. She understood his gaze. “I can’t wait to see him again, too.”

Tracy was still bothered. She felt weird with what Ilhoon did a while ago. She knew she had to keep this as a secret from Peniel. She felt as if she was cheating. At the same time, she knew she did nothing wrong. She let out a sigh.

They suddenly stopped walking, stopping Tracy from worrying as well. “We’re here!” Ilhoon said as he rang the doorbell excitedly. “Let’s go inside.”

Pauline went inside first. Tracy was about to get in when Ilhoon grabbed her hand. He brought his face near her ear and whispered, “Stop worrying. You did nothing wrong. So, smile so that Hyung won’t worry.” Tracy smiled immediately, as if hypnotized by his words. He continued, “And besides, I’m not gonna tell him that I kinda like you.”

 


Wieeee~ Updated after a loooong time. :P New characters!! :D Sorry if you think this chapter's a bit lost. Tell me what you think~

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE. :D