Birthday Party

Who's In Charge Again?

                              >>>>>>>>>>[Story Three (Final Story)]<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

EXO M

Kris woke up due to his alarm ringing crazily. He rubbed his eyes and glanced at the calender. 

Hmm.. today's Luhan birthday. 

Oh yeah, that was the reason he set the alarm off at 5 AM... because him and Lay are going to throw a surprise party for the deer boy. Kris stretched for a while before going to the bathroom to wash up.

When he reached the kitchen, he already saw Lay at the table, writting something on a piece of torn paper. 

"What are you doing?" Kris asked. Lay looked up. 

"Oh, making a list of what to buy at the super market." lay said and hummed. Kris flopped down on a chair. 

"So, when is this surprise party?" 

"3 pm. Sharp. I don't want it to be a second late!" Lay said. He was always punctual. Never late. Kris looks at the list. 

"Well, that is a pretty long list. And what time does the supermarket opens?"

"There's a 24 hour market down the road." Lay informed. "And Kris, could you please buy the things for me?" Kris looks at the mother of EXO M, bewildered. Lay sighed. "I need to bake some things first." Kris still looked at him with O___O eyes. Lay sighed. "Kris, stop making Kyungsoo's eyes and help me out?" Kris sighed as he took the list. 

"Fine.." he grumbled. He hastily took his jacket and went out. 

______

"Lay lay lay lay lay!!!" Tao wailed from inside the room. Lay sighed as he placed the icing mix down. He raced towards the room. 

"Why Tao? Why are you calling me?" Lay consoled the man like a mother would console her child. Tao sniffed. 

"Chen stole my fire truck!" Tao whinned. Lay in a breath. For the sake of the cute panda-like maknae, he stormed into Chen's room, finding the truck was being used as something he wouldnt expect it to be used..

"Chen! Stop using the ladder of the fire truck to hang your briefs!" Lay said sternly. Chen made a face. "Give it back to my Tao and apologize!" Chen looked down as he shuffled slowly to Tao's room. Lay exhaled. He gushed back to the kitchen, finishing the icing when the door opened and revealed Kris with groceries. 

"Ugh, why are they so heavy?!?" Kris whinned. Lay tsked his head. 

"Tsk tsk tsk... I though you are a man, Dhuizang." Lay said and smirked. He was just making an excuse to not carry the bags becase damn yeah it looks heavy. Kris his breath as he carried the bags difficultly towards the kitchen. 

"There, umma! I did it!!" Kris said sarcastictly. Lay smiled. 

"Now, go and entertain the kids." he said and pushed Kris towards the rooms.

"What? Heck no!"

"We are doing this for Luhan so, remember!" Lay said. Kris groaned. It was soo hard being a leader and a father to 4 irresponsible and annoying kids. Kris stormed into the sitting room, surprising the 4 boys inside. Luhan was happy, since it was his birthday. He kept bugging the other members to say 'Happy Bithday' to him. It was annoying as hell. 

"Kris kris kris!" Luhan chirped happily. 

"What?"

"It's my birthday today!" 

"So?"

"Say happy birthday, gege!" Tao said. Kris rolled his eyes. 

"H-Happy Birthday.." Kris muttered. Luhan's face lit up. 

"Good enough!" He chirped. It was sure hard to let the Dhuizang to praise them, so even a simple praise will make them happy. Kris groaned as the kids argued what to play. 'Oh god Lay, make the damn cake faster!' he thought. He was getting a headache from the bickering of the kids.

"No! We should play Lego!" Chen argued. 

"Boring! We should play trucks!" Tao suggested. Xiumin scoffed. 

"I'll pick sleeping anyday!"

"All you do is sleeping!" Luhan said and whacked the boy on the head. "It's my birthday so I decide!" Luhan said proudly. "I wanna play the Xbox!"

"ARGH! Finally something that is worth playing!" Kris groaned. All of them turned to Kris. Tao started to tear up.

"So you mean, my trucks and Chen gege's Lego aren't worth playing?" A broken and strangled whispered escaped the black haired boy's throat. Kris felt sorry and regretted saying that. 

"F-fine... Lego and trucks are as good as anything.." he mumbled. Tao sniffed as he smiled at Kris. 'Ugh, what is this wushu kid making me do??' Kris thought. He prayed and hoped Lay would speed the cake making a bit, cause being stuck with men who are 20 at least but having the minds of 4 year olds is something that Kris would never write on his wish list. 

"Chen chen! You are looosing!!" Xiumin called as Luhan and Chen battled racing cars on the Xbox. Kris tried to tune down the noise with occupying himself with the newspaper, but Tao's cries was just too much. He is starting to loose it. 

"OKAY SHUT UP EVERYONE!" Kris screamed. "Pause the game!" He growled. Luhan obidiently obeyed. Kris exhaled. "This is Luhan's birthday, so I am not going that harsh on everybody, but shut the hell up! You guys are freaking men! Gosh Luhan, you are 22 now and you still act like a kid! Tao, you always bragged about being a wushu god whatsoever but even you cant stand a pinch! Xiumin and Chen, stop arguing about who's better cause you both are losers to be exact. Now shut the hell up and wait for Lay to call you guys for lunch!" Kris said and stormed out of the room. 

"So um..." Chen said. Luhan looked down. Wow, on his birthday, he was still a kid. 

"At least I am a cute adult kid!" Luhan said and sniffed as he continued the game with Chen. 

Kris huffed as he roughly pulled a chair and sat down, arms crossed on his chest. Lay glanced at him as he applied the icing on the well baked cake. 

"You know, you didn't have to be that harsh,"

"The kids are just plain annoying!" Kris complained. "They act like 4 year olds when the fact is Luhan is already freaking 22!" Lay sighed. 

"You know how they are. They are just playfull."

"Playfull my . Its childish and irresponsible you are searching for." kris said as he played with the leftover flour on the table. Lay gave no comment but he sighed. He turned around and pointed a cake's knife at Kris. 

"I am going to call the boys now, and Kris, promise me you would be nice."

"I make no such promises."

"Kris!" Lay's voice was stern, and Kris had to follow. He sighed. 

"Fine."

"LUHAN CHEN TAO XIUMIN LUNCH IS READY!!" lay called them as he brought the pretty decorated strawberry cake to the table. They heard something fall down on top of each other as the door opened and the boys scrambled out. 

"OH MY GOD CAKE!!!" Luhan gasped. "For me?!?!" Lay nodded happily. 

"This, is awesome..." tao said as he eyes the fruit tarts. Xiumin looks hungry as ever while Chen was oogling at the chocolate muffins. 

"Happy bithday Luhan!" Lay sang. "Now I think someone has to sing a birthday song. Kris?" Kris raised an eyebrown. Lay stared at him. Kris sighed, knowing he had to do it. 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to dee- Luhan, happy birthday to you.." Kris stopped himself from almost calling the birthday boy 'deer boy'. Luhan happily clapped. 

"Why do I have to be the father again..." Kris mumbled.