In Denial

Not Too Late To Realize


Kira is spending her break time on the school ground, sitting on a bench under the tree

while reviewing her notes for their music class later. The class won't start until two in

the afternoon so that means she still have 30 minutes to get ready for the next class. Most

of the time, she'll spend her break time with the guys but things will be different starting

today since they agreed to spend less time together in the university just to stop all the

rumors. Things will be different outside the university though, because they promised to see

each other often during weekends or whenever they have free time like this afternoon after

classes they decided to watch a movie at the guys' dorm. While Kira is still pondering on

how things will go with her relationship with the guys, she was oblivious of the fact that

someone is looking at her from the second floor of the building, in the music room.

----------------------

Seunghyun POV

      Our next class won't start until two in the afternoon but i decided to go to the music room first, leaving Jaejin and Hongki hyung on the cafeteria, and good thing no one is in here. I just want to spend time alone and think about things. Our conversation this morning with Kira bothers me, Is she having a hard time because of our friendship? If she really is, I want to protect her from all those rumors and assure her that everything would be fine. It hurts to know that we had to spend less time with her in the University just because all of those stupid rumors. We can only see each other outside whenever we have free time. HEck! As if we have a lots of free time.

      I know,  I never really cared about having another set of friends even to add another one in the list, I am quite contented with my hyungs and Minhwan, we are not just friends, we  are like brothers and for me they are enough. But things changed when I get to know Rin. She was very oblivious of us the first time we met her, I think she is the only girl who doesn't know F.T island to start with so we are quite relaxed when we are with her and we just find our selves being with her everytime. She treated us like normal college students and gives us a handful of scolding whenever we forget to do our homeworks or fail to get high grades on exams. At first, I really thought that she is the shy type, someone who would not talk unless you ask her something. Oh well, she really is but not until she gets pissed and would start scolding us which is very rare and we just find her adorable when she does. She also has this tendency to nag us and remind us to take care of ourselves, and would sometimes cook for us just to make sure that we won't starve ourselves during rehearsals. Hongki hyung could have kicked her out of our building because of all her nagging if she is just another crazy girl, but she is not... She is our Kira... My precious Rin... and we would do everything to protect her.

I sighed because of all the thoughts running in my head. I have never been this protective of any girl in my life. During high school, i stop communicating with my friends...girls and even boys, it was hard at first but eventually everything is fine with me. With Rin, Its different, just the thought of leaving her behind is difficult for me. I just can't... I don't know why... maybe because I'll miss teasing her, patting her head, ruffling her hair, or maybe because I'll miss her nagging, her scolding... or maybe because i love her cooking ... maybe because i find her cute, adorable and attractive... a lot of maybes. Wait! did I just say attractive?? NO! I shouldn't have said that... 'aish! seunghyun you're mind is going overboard!'

      To shake all the crazy thoughts that is starting to build inside my brain, I took the guitar and made my way to the chair near the window. I sat there and started to strum randomly, I looked at the window and then I saw her, holding her book but I think her focus is not on the book. The wind is blowing her hair and I just can't take my eyes off her. I don't know how long i've been looking at her until someone talked behind me.

" You can melt killer down because of your stares."

"I am not staring." I defended, bringing back my attention to the guitar.

"Oh yeah? So you are just looking?" Hongki hyung asked sarcastically

"I told you, I am not. I just saw her now and that is the exact time you went in so maybe you concluded that I am staring."

"We are by the door for about..." Jaejin Hyung looked at his watch. "5 minutes, looking at you while you are looking at her." He walked through the window and looked at Rin.

I just shrugged it of, what's wrong with looking at your friend anyway?

"Seunghyun, tell me... Do you like Kira?" Hongki hyung asked afterwards.

I strummed my guitar but jaejin hyung took it away from me and started playing with it.

"Answer the question Seunghyun." He ordered me.

"Of course, I like her... She is my only girlfriend in the first place."

"WHAT?! She is your what?!" Hongki hyung shouted in surprise, did i say something wrong?

"Did you just say that she is your girlfriend and you are not telling us, and what do you mean only? You have any plans of two timing her?! I swear Seunghyun I am going to strangle you if you hurt her!" Jaejin hyung is now ready to hit me with the guitar, aish... this guy can be violent sometimes.

"Hyungs, Chill! I said she is my only girl friend, there is a space between the girl and the friend... a friend which is a girl, you guys are misunderstanding things!" I reacted.

" It is your fault! Make your statements clear!" Jaejin hyung gained his composure back.

"And there I thought you finally realized your feelings and had the courage to tell her." Hongki blurted out.

"My what?!"

"Your feelings... you don't know?" Hongki asked me with his wide eyes.

"I told you hyung, he is so dense he didn't notice that he likes her."

"Wait a minute, are you guys talking about me?" I pointed to myself.

"Oh no, we are talking about John Lennon! You Idiot! Of course we are talking about you!"

"and my feelings?"

"no, Kang Hodong's feelings!" Jaejin hyung said sarcastically and smacked me on the head.

"Ouch! you didn't have to do that, and how would you know about my feelings, i don't tell you anything and you even know something that i don't know about myself!" I yelled at him.

"That's because your in denial."

"In denial about what?"

"Aigoo... This kid, are you really that slow?"

"Just tell me, okay?... You guys are making me confused. I don't know what are you talking about." I told them.

"We don't know if we have to tell you this. But if it will help you to realize things, i think-"

"What the hell! just tell me!" I interrupted Jaejin hyung.

"You love Kira." Hongki hyung blurted out. Just three words but it made a great impact. I could feel my heart beating crazily as I looked at her outside the window. Is that it? Is that the reason and not the maybes I am thinking a while ago. And hyung is not talking about a mere like, it was love for crying out loud.

"You're joking hyung, are you making fun of me? I like Kira but not to the extent that i will love her."

Hongki hyung shrugged his shoulders. "Your call" then he looked at jaejin Hyung.  " Deal with him, I'll go and fetch Kira for our next class."He said and moved out of the room.

"You guys are crazy." I told jaejin hyung.

"We have known you for years now Seunghyun and I must tell you, You are one of the most transparent person that I know. You tend to show your feelings without you knowing it. Or maybe we are wrong this time. It's up to you. Think about it."  Jaejin hyung said while looking at Rin and hongki his hands on his pocket. "I just hope you realize things before it is too late."

 

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try to finish this ASAP because I finally have an idea about my Eunhyuk fanfic...hahaha