Feeding Happiness

Going Crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvctbUsbCsc

Yongguk kicked the school front door open, yawning with his bat clutched in his hand resting on his shoulder. He scanned the halls, at all the scared faces of kids, either running away or pressing their bodies against the lockers to get as far away from him as possible. He liked that they feared him, it made him feel powerful, but he wasn’t really one for being the center of attention. He strutted down the halls with his friends: Daehyun, Himchan, Zelo, Jongup and Youngjae. He glared at the students, walking past them, but really he was looking for a certain someone.

As his friends talked animatedly behind him, he finally saw her, and frozen. His heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, more mature and graceful, and he understood once again why he did what he did in the past. He shook his head, trying not to think about that, and held his head up high.

“There she is, go get her!” Himchan encouraged as Jongup pushed his friends away, giving Yongguk some privacy to try and work his charms on her. He gulped, walking up to her, and was about to open his mouth when suddenly she closed her locker door and looked up at him with her big innocent eyes. He couldn’t move as he stared down at her beauty, wondering how he survived all these years without her presence near him.

“Can I help you?” Jieun asked uncertainly as Yongguk snapped out his thoughts, remembering his original plan.

“Hey, you might not remember me but I’m Daehyun’s friend, Bang Yongguk. It’s nice to see you again,” he said with a grin, holding his hand out to her.

“Oh, it’s nice to meet you then. I’m Song Jieun,” he said, blushing slightly and took his hand, shaking it. Yongguk tilted his head in confusion before shrugging.

“Hey, um, I just wanted to ask. If you aren’t doing anything Friday, maybe we could hang out? It’s ok if you say no, I just heard you came back from Japan, so I thought I could help you with getting used to coming back home,” Yongguk said as nonchalantly as possible, but on the inside he was conflicted. One side of his already gave up, banging it’s head on a wall saying she’d never agree to go out with him. The other side looking at her with hopeful big eyes, praying she’d say yes.

“Seriously?” Jieun asked, deflating Yongguk’s confidence.

“Ah, if that’s a no then-!” Yongguk was about to say, but stopped as Jieun laughed good-naturedly.

“I’m not saying no, I was just asking since it was so sudden. No, I don’t have any plans on Friday,” she said, writing something on a piece of paper in her notebook and ripping it out, slipping it into his jacket pocket. “Pick me up at three?” she asked with a smile. He nodded, dumbfounded, making her giggle before walking away with a wave. He stood there, digesting what just happened, before breaking out into a huge grin.

“Yes!” he shouted suddenly, catching the surrounding students’ attention, punching the air victoriously. He shoved his hands into his pockets, walking away to his class. ‘Nothing can ruin my mood now,’ he thought, taking the little scribbled note out of his pocket and seeing it was her home address and cellphone number. His grin broadened, until another thought occurred to him.

‘You are only feeding her happiness now before cutting it down to tears…’

‘Right…’ he thought, nodding determinedly at himself before entering his classroom.

 


 

“What took you so long?” Jiyoon asked, sitting next to Jieun as Hara leaned in to listen better from the seat in front of Jiyoon.

“Well, the most sudden thing happened when I went to put my books away in my locker,” Jieun started as Hara nodded.

“What happened? What happened?” Hara asked excitedly.

“Well, out of nowhere this dreamy guy came up to me and asked me out Friday night. I said yes, and...” Jieun sighed dreamily, rolling her eyes as Jiyoon nudged her suggestively.

“So, how was he like?” Jiyoon asked, wanting to know the details.

“He’s tall, strong, confident, extremely good-looking and- Well, my ideal type,” Jieun said with a large grin, making Jiyoon snicker in her seat.

“What’s his name?” Hara asked, bouncing in excitement in her chair.

“Bang Yongguk,” Jieun answered, making Hara stop bouncing and gap at her friend.

“Bang Yongguk? As in, the Bang Yongguk who’s the leader of the gang B.A.P., Bang Yongguk?” Hara asked as Jieun shrugged.

“The hell am I supposed to know, I’ve only been back for two weeks,” Jieun replied carelessly as Hara bit her lower lip.

“If it is him, and I’m pretty sure we only have one Bang Yongguk in our school, please be careful then…” Hara advised, making Jieun smile at her friend’s worry.

“Of course I will, don’t worry about it. I mean, it’s just one date. What’s the worse that can happen?” Jieun said with a laugh as Jiyoon and Hara quirked a brow at each other.

“On a side note, the school’s talent show is coming up soon. That’s exciting!” Hara tried changing the subject.

“Eh,” Jiyoon said with a shrug, making the girl pout.

“Why don’t you try singing in it, Jieun?” Hara asked, catching Jieun off guard.

“What? Me? Why?” Jieun asked confusedly.

“Because you have a great voice, I’m sure you’d win!” Hara encouraged. Jieun thought about it before shrugging.

“I’ll think about it…”