She's Gone

Going Crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vro8gz7uDVM

“You guys are hiding something from me,” Hara said with a stubborn pout, crossing her arms over her chest and puffing her cheeks out to try and look tough. Jiyoon and Jieun glanced at each other nervously before laughing unnaturally at Hara.

“What? What are you talking about? We’d never hide anything from you, what do you mean? We can’t keep a secret from you, no way!” Jieun said, smiling weirdly as Jiyoon rolled her eyes.

“Seriously guys! What’s been going on?” Hara pushed on.

“Well, um… you know…” Jiyoon tried to come up with an excuse, and then Jieun came up with one for her.

“I was thinking about studying abroad with Jiyoon in Japan…” Jieun admitted as Hara’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Really? Why? I’m going to be all alone then!” Hara whined, pouting sadly at her friends.

“I didn’t want to tell you because it’s not official yet and I still need to talk about it with my parents, but that’s all that we were talking about. It’s nothing too big.”

“Aw, I’m going to miss you guys so much! My house is open for you guys if you think about visiting Korea any time!” Hara stated with a smile.

“Yeah, thanks,” Jiyoon said, sighing before walking into her classroom.

“I’ve got music now, so I’ll see you later Hara,” Jieun exclaimed, waving to her friend as they both parted ways. Jieun looked around the halls suspiciously, eyeing every student that walked by her, looking out the windows just in case. She couldn’t be careless; she needed to have her guard up at all times. Her stalker seemed to always stay at a distance watching her, but she didn’t even know whom it was. He could be one of her friends for all she knew and they’ve been approaching her all this time without her knowing it.

She walked into her classroom, sitting on her desk and heaving a heavy sigh. She was about to put her books into the compartment below her chair when she suddenly saw a note there. She took it out, and saw her name written on it.

“What the hell…?” she whispered, her hands shaking a bit. She gulped, opening the note up to read it.

Jieun,

You look beautiful in your purple shirt and jeans today. I like your long hair straight as well, and that little bunny clip you use to keep your bangs from falling over your face. But then again, you always look beautiful.

I love you.

Jieun felt like crying at this point. She crumpled the paper up and took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. ‘Holy , this is really happening. What am I going to do? What am I going to do?’ she thought, contemplating of she should text Jiyoon right now about this or tell her after class.

“Hey Jieun,” Daehyun suddenly greeted, startling Jieun. She jumped in her seat, throwing the note into her bag and staring silently at Daehyun. “Um… are you ok?”

“You have… impeccable timing is all…” Jieun said with a sigh, holding her hand over her heart and calming herself down.

“Seriously, you’ve been on edge for the past few days. Is something up?” Daehyun asked, taking his seat and staring at her worriedly. She smiled, shaking her head at him.

“Nah, I’m ok. It’s nothing really…” she said, rejecting his offer to lend an ear to her problems.

“Well ok then, but if there’s anything wrong, you can tell me. I’m here to help,” he said, shuffling through his notes as the class began. Jieun glanced down at the crumpled note in her bag, sighing deeply, realizing that this was more serious then she would like to admit to herself.

 


 

“So you’re going to ask your parents about it, right?” Jiyoon asked, scanning over the crumpled up note. Jieun nodded solemnly, her mind on other things at the moment besides worrying if her parents would say yes or no. Jiyoon, realizing this was getting to Jieun deeply, strutted up to a garbage can. She ripped the note up and threw the pieces out, clasping her hands before walking back to Jieun. “That’s that.”

“Thanks…” she whispered, stopping by her locker to get some of her things.

“Call me if anything, and tell me how it goes with your parents,” Jiyoon called, before waving and jogging away. Jieun waved absentmindedly before opening her locker, only to quirked a brow as something fell out. She bent down and picked it up, seeing a picture of her daydreaming in one of her classes. It was exactly what she was wearing today, which means it was taken of her while she was in class today, and put in her locker right after. She turned it around, seeing something written on the back.

I wonder what’s going through your pretty little mind at this moment. I hope it’s about me.

“That’s it,” Jieun choked on her tears, slamming her locker door close and storming off as fast as she could.

 


 

“Seriously?” Jiyoon asked in surprise, hugging Jieun who jumped in excitement.

“They said yes, I’m going to study in Japan with you!” Jieun exclaimed happily, bouncing from the news.

“You’re leaving?” Daehyun asked, accidentally overhearing the girls’ conversation. Jieun smiled broadly, nodding in confirmation. Daehyun smiled, nodding curtly at her.

“Then I wish you the best of luck on your journey and studies,” he said as Jieun laughed, smacking his arm.

“I’m not leaving now, sadly. We’re leaving in a few weeks, but thank you nonetheless,” Jieun said as Daehyun nodded with a smile before walking past him. She turned to Jiyoon and hugged her tightly. “Thank you so much, I don’t know what I would do if you weren’t here.”

“Hey, it’s what friends do for each other,” Jiyoon laughed, hugging her friend back.

“I feel like I’m on drugs from hugging you so much,” Jieun stated suddenly as Jiyoon nodded in agreement.

“I thought you probably had some weed or something before coming to school.”

“I wish.” They laughed before making their way to their classroom.

 


 

Jieun hummed happily, walking into her music classroom with a skip to her step. ‘Nothing can ruin my mood now,’ she thought, taking her seat and about to put her books below her chair when she saw a note with her name on it there. ‘Jinxed myself.’ She took a deep breath before taking the note and reading it to herself.

How could you go all the way to Japan? What about me? How could you be so selfish? Can’t you see that I love you so much? Don’t leave me; I can’t bear to live without you!

‘How the hell did he find out? I didn’t tell anyone besides Jiyoon, Hara, and Dae-,’ Jieun’s thoughts were interrupted as Daehyun sat beside her, smiling as he greeted her. She stared at him, and then it clicked. She tried to move as far away from him as she could, laughing nervously, and then suddenly fell off her seat.

“Whoa, hey, are you ok?” he asked, making his way around the table and holding his hand out for her.

“Don’t touch me!” she shouted, suddenly slapping his hand away from her. Everyone stared at them as Daehyun tilted his head in confusion.

“What did I do wrong?” he asked, genuinely confused as Jieun grabbed her bag and ran out the room, trying to get away from him as soon as she could.

She ran into the girl’s restroom, panting as she fumbled into her bag for her phone. She texted Jiyoon to meet her in the bathroom and sat against the wall, trying to catch her breath. As the door creaked open, she smiled, looking up expecting to see Jiyoon. However, it was someone else. Someone she did not expect to see.

“Song Jieun…” he said gruffly, making her hold her hands over to prevent her from screaming in fear. She was hyperventilating, staring up at him, not knowing what to do. “I… I don’t want you to go… I love y-”

“Who are you?!” she shouted out, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“That doesn’t matter, what does is that-,” he tried to say, but stopped as he saw her try to stand and run off, but her legs gave way. They didn’t have the energy. She was frightened of him.

“Stop stalking me! I don’t know who you are and I don’t love you back! The only reason I’m going to Japan is to get the hell away from you! I hate you! Leave me alone! Stop trying to ruin my life! Get a life, you ing creep!” she screeched, trying not to choke on her sobs. He stared down at her, frozen, trying to digest her words before backing away slowly. He turned around and ran out. Jieun hugged her knees to her chest, sobbing. A few minutes later, Jiyoon walked in and seeing her friend as she was, ran up to her.

“Hey, hey! What’s wrong? Yah, you’re a mess! What the hell happened?” Jiyoon said, hugging her friend close and trying to calm her down.

“Can we leave to Japan sooner…” Jieun chocked out. Jiyoon stared at her friend and nodded slowly, thinking it over.

“I’ll try and convince my parents…” she replied as Jieun nodded, resting her head on her friend’s shoulder and letting her tears flow freely.

 


 

“Dude, the weirdest thing happened today,” Daehyun said, sitting next to Yongguk with a tray of his lunch. Yongguk mumbled something incoherent before taking one of his fish sticks. “I went to music today and Jieun flipped out. I don’t know what happened, but she yelled at me and ended up running out the room. I don’t know what happened to her after that though, she never came back to class.”

“It doesn’t matter, since she’s going to Japan soon anyways…” Yongguk simply said, biting into the fish stick with a sullen expression.

“Yeah, I told you that this morning. Do you still like her? This could be your last chance to confess before she goes for who only knows how long,” Daehyun suggested, patting his friend’s back. Yongguk glanced over at Daehyun’s smiling face before shaking his head slowly.

“You were right, I was way over my head thinking she’d ever like me. I’ll just give up on her…” Yongguk said as Daehyun looked worriedly at his friend.

“Well, that’s quite negative of you. What made you change your mind so suddenly?” Yongguk stopped mid-way before he could take another bite out of the fish stick before shrugging and eating the rest in one bite.

“You know, a slap from reality helped wake me up is all…” he replied. Daehyun stared at Yongguk, trying to think of a way to help him friend get over this. He suddenly snapped his fingers as an idea popped up in his head.

“Hey, why don’t you join B.A.P.?” Daehyun asked. Yongguk scrunched his nose up, staring at Daehyun.

“What’s that?”

“It’s that gang Himchan and I are in that we’ve been telling you about. You should join, I’m sure it’ll get your mind off of this,” Daehyun reassured. Yongguk looked down at his hands, thinking it over before shrugging.

“Sure, why not? Anything to make me forgot about all this… To forgot about Song Jieun…”