Tough Cookie

Going Crazy

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2ky5js3-o

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class now?” Daehyun asked, laughing as Yongguk threw his arm over his friend’s shoulders.

“Nah, my teacher is absent so I’ll spend this period with you. I would have gone to gym with Himchan, but you know that guy…” Yongguk explained easily with a shrug.

“Spend most of the period hitting on girls, trying to look pretty, and argue with the teacher by annoying them to death with his dumb logic,” Daehyun replied as Yongguk shivered.

“Never again.”

“But my next class is music, and I might bore you as well. We have to do a project and the teacher assigned us with partners. We need to write a song together and sing it,” Daehyun explained as Yongguk replied in understanding.

“Hey, I can help with that.”

“Dude, you’re good at rapping. We’re both vocal singers. It wouldn’t work out,” Daehyun shrugged with a roll of his eyes, but laughed as Yongguk acted all proud and cocky about his rapping skills. As they arrived at the music room, they walked, and Yongguk was left motionless at the sight before him. There sat the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She was busy writing notes in her notebook with earphones plugged in, detaching herself to her own little world. He was about to examine her closer when suddenly she looked up at the door, and smiled at him. He was nervous, and even more as she suddenly smiled sweetly at him. He didn’t know he had a goofy smile plastered on his lips, and when she waved, he gave a short wave back. She suddenly stopped and looked confusedly at Yongguk, before shaking her head and smiling. He then realized she was smiling at the waving Daehyun, and grabbed his arm, pulling him out of the classroom. “Hey, Yongguk, what’s wrong-?”

“Who is she and how do you know her?” Yongguk asked, peeking into the classroom to see her confused face before going back to writing her notes, probably writing down ideas for the project that the class was working on.

“What do you mean?” Daehyun asked as Yongguk glared at him.

“The girl you were just waving hi to! Who is she?” he clarified, desperate for answers.

“Oh, Jieun? She’s my partner for the project,” Daehyun stated as Yongguk’s eyes widened.

“She’s… your… Dude, you got to hook me up with her,” Yongguk suddenly said as Daehyun looked weirdly at him.

“With Jieun? Dude, she’s way out of our league. We come from gangsters and convenience stores; she comes from wealth and five star restaurants. It’ll never work out,” Daehyun said with a laugh, patting his friend’s back.

“But… hey, she might like me if-!”

“Dude, she told me her ideal type was a nice, funny, kind guy who can support her for the rest of her life. You aren’t much of those.”

“Hey, I can be-…! How the hell did your conversation with her go from song writing to her ideal type of guy?” Yongguk asked suspiciously as Daehyun laughed at his friend.

“We were trying to exchange ideas, and it lead to that point. I’m not interested in her, relax, I’m just warning you not to waste your time with her, that’s all,” Daehyun said with an easy shrug before walking back into class. Yongguk took a deep breath, composing himself, before walking into class as well to see her sharing some of her ideas happily with Daehyun. He gulped, trying not to trip on his own footing, as he walked over and pulled a chair to sit next to Daehyun. She looked from Yongguk to Daehyun confusedly before Daehyun smiled. “This is Yongguk, he’s a friend of mine. He wanted to spend this class with me so here he is. He can probably help as well, but he’s more of a rapper.”

“Ah, I see. It’s nice to meet you Yongguk, I’m Song Jieun,” she said with a polite smile, extending her hand out for him. He gave a big goofy grin in return, grabbing her hand gently and shaking it.

“Bang Yongguk, it’s a… a…” he tried to say, staring into her eyes and getting lost in them. He didn’t realize there was still a world revolving around him and he still had her hand in his, shaking it constantly.

“Pleasure to meet you,” Daehyun finished for him, grabbing Yongguk’s hand and pulling it out of hers, giving him a weird look. Jieun quirked a brow at Yongguk, before shrugging, going back to work. Yongguk rested his hand on his palm, his elbow on the table; spent the entire period dreamily staring at her as she worked with Daehyun on their song.

When the bell rang, she packed up her things and Yongguk finally got out of his dreaming daze. He looked at her confusedly and blinked. “Where are you going?” he asked and she laughed. He loved the sound of her laugh, and decided to make her laugh as much as possible in the future when he finally made her his.

“To my next class, obviously,” she said before slinging her bag over her arm. “See you around, Yongguk. Bye Daehyun,” she said with a wave before leaving. Yongguk waved back, smiling as Daehyun punched his shoulder, laughing at his friend.

“Dude, you’re head over heels, and you barely know the girl!” Daehyun exclaimed with a laugh.

“She’s just so… I don’t even know…” Yongguk tried, but couldn’t explain it himself.

“If you are really serious about her, then you should get to know her more first before asking her out,” Daehyun said with a nod as Yongguk jumped off his seat.

“And I know exactly how!” Yongguk stated determinedly before running out. He ran down the halls, getting shouts of complaint from other students and warnings from teachers before finally catching Himchan leaving the guy’s locker room. He ran over and grabbed onto Himchan, startling the man. “Himchan!”

“Yongguk! What?” Himchan replied, dragging the man along with him so he could make it to his next class.

“I need help,” he said, making Himchan stop in his tracks.

“My, you need my help? This is a memorable day. I mean, it’s not every day someone comes seeking guidance from the great Himchan himself. So tell me, my good friend Yongguk, what can Himchan help you with?” Himchan asked, becoming all smug and high and mighty. Yongguk rolled his eyes before taking a deep breath.

“There’s this girl-,” he started as Himchan narrowed his eyes.

“If you want information on a girl, then skip to what her name is.”

“Song Jieun.”

“Ah, tough cookie. Tried getting her but she was clearly not interested. She even slapped me when I tried to kiss her-,” Himchan was cut off when Yongguk glared at him viciously.

“You tried to kiss her?” he asked darkly as Himchan, sensing his friend’s displeasure, waved his hands defensively in front of him.

“I wasn’t serious about her or anything, and she slapped me before I can do it, and that was before I knew you were interested in her! Seriously!” Himchan stated in his own defense as Yongguk nodded, making Himchan sigh in relief.

“So… um… do you think I have a chance with her?” Yongguk asked nervously, scratching the back of his head with a sheepish grin.

“Pfft, no,” Himchan said, and then looked up at Yongguk’s surprised expression, which was slowly turning to hurt, and quickly amended himself. “-no way in hell she can resist your amazing charms! Hwaiting!” he quickly added, once again saving his . Yongguk thought about it for a second before smiling at Himchan, nodding in determination.

“She might not like me now… but I’ll make sure she does soon enough!”

Too bad the way he thought of wasn’t what people would normally approach the situation by…