Chatper 2 - Blossom Cup

Love and Luck

To read the rest of chapter 1, please read here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8663756/1/Love-and-Luck

Chapter 2 - Blossom Cup

Yi Jeong could feel a headache coming like a train barreling through the underground tunnel. He clutched his head and winced.

"Sunbae!" Ga Eul held his face as he slowly opened his eyes again. The cool pressure of her fingers pulled the headache out of high tide.

"Yi Jeong," she sounded worried. Well, that was good. At least she was still cared. He would take whatever scraps he could get. "You must be jet lagged. And you haven't eaten." Ga Eul dropped her hand.

"Here Ga Eul, you take his other side." Anders was speaking. All Yi Jeong could hear was the rushing of furious blood in his temples. He wanted to smash something. Something delicate and beautiful. His arms suddenly landed around Ga Eul's shoulders. She peered from under his bicep and smiled. She nudged him slightly forward with her slight frame.

"Sunbae, it's good that you're back in Soeul now." She and Anders supported his weight between them and slowly made an odd towards the door. Yi Jeong snorted. This was not the way he imagined the night; being carried out by Ga Eul's boyfriend into the night.

The night air in September was bracing. He felt his head beginning to clear as Ga Eul and Anders laughed at some private joke. Finally, a taxi pulled in front of the bar. Yi Jeong felt like he was being supported by a band of merry elves. If elves were in the habit of stealing his girl from under his nose.

Ga Eul slide over in the taxi and reached to pull him in. This was looking promising, Yi Jeong thought. He could still feel her cool hands on his hot face. He looked at her in the dim taxi light.

"Sunbae," she murmured. God, how he missed her voice. It's perfect cadence of mellow valleys and diphthongs that were particular to her. She was looking at him the way she used to. He was certain of it. She wasn't lost yet. "I'm glad you're back." Her eye fluttered under his scrutiny.

"Are you really?" He grabbed her hand as she turned away to reach for the taxi door.

"Of course." Her eyes darted over his face for a moment. "I missed my friend." Ga Eul released her hand from his and jumped out of the cab. He turned back in his seat to look her figure as the cab pulled away. He heard her faint yell, "Sunbae, get some sleep!"

Ga Eul turned to Anders and smiled brightly into the night. He took a furtive glance around the empty street and kissed her softly on the tip of her nose.

"Your friend seems very nice, aein."

"He barely talked. You don't have to like him." Anders' pupils were so wide, with a ring of clover green. She loved his eyes, they calmed her like nothing else.

Ga Eul felt warmth spread through her chest as she looked at her boyfriend. He was dear to her. Especially because he found her when she lost all hope. Anders came from an old shipping family in Stockholm, but he looked too gentle to do the hardline business his father demanded. Anders was sent away to the Phillips Exter as soon as his father decided that the soft spoken boy needed a backbone that Anders' gentle mother would stifle. For four lonely years in America, Anders' best friend in boarding school was Korean and the reason that he had come to study in Seoul.

"What shall we do now, Ga Eul?" Anders took advantage of the empty street and whispered quietly in her ear, his arms tightening around her.

"I have to go home." She pouted. The intended effect made Anders laugh. She slipped her smaller hand in his gloved fingers and she bumped into his side good naturedly as they walked through Kangnam.

"You never come here." Anders observed.

"I used to. In high school. Jan Di's boyfriend, I mean fiancee, would drag her to all these events here." She picked at her sleeve absent mindedly. She like the peace that Anders always bought her. He was her rock when she felt shaken by the force of nature that was Yi Jeong. She felt more than ever, that a year ago, she had made the right decision to let Yi Jeong go. Ga Eul clutched Anders' fingers a little tighter.

"Jun Pyo loves Jan Di a lot."

"Yeah, he does. It's a little scary, Anders-ah." Ga Eul looked at him while he thoughtfully chewed the inside of his cheek.

"Do you want that? Scary love?"

Continued here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8663756/2/Love-and-Luck

------------------------

Chapter 3 Preview - The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

Jan Di's eyes were wide. That wasn't a surprise, a day didn't go back when Jan Di wasn't surprised by something. Ga Eul sighed.

"You introduced him to Anders? Why would you do that?" Jan Di almost slapped herself on the forehead.

"I didn't mean to. Anders was picking me up from work and he just showed up!" Ga Eul applied the lotion sample to the back of her hand. She was splurging on Jan Di at Etude since her best friend still refused to let her chaebol boyfriend buy her girly things. "I was shocked, Jan Di! You should see him. He looks so different." Ga Eul grumbled, "but he acted the same."

"Ga Eul," Jan Di grabbed her friend's hand, "we are talking about Yi Jeong here right? The guy who said he'd return for you after he was done with his studies in Sweden? The same guy you waited for three years until you met Anders?"

A/N: Thank you for reading. I would like to collect more reviews for this story. If I can get more than 10 reviews for this chapter, I will post chapter 4 early next week.