02

Red Yarn

 

 

Red Yarn: Chapter 02

           

            “BWOH!?”

            Joonmyun clasps his hands together pleadingly, “Please, Kyungsoo. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have no other choice! You’re the only one who can help me…please, please, please, please, PLEASE!”

            Kyungsoo shakes his head viciously back and forth as he stares at his hyung with unbelieving eyes.

            “Oh, COME ON!” Joonmyun dramatically clings onto Kyungsoo’s uniform, “Krisus, Kyungsoo, I beg of you! Please, oh, pretty please! You’re the only one who I can count on.” He pleads with more desperation.

            “NO!”

            “Wae, Kyungsoo-ah? WAE!? Don’t do this to your hyung, please!”

            “I said, NO!”

            Kyungsoo quickly breaks away from Joonmyun’s tight hold on his uniform by pushing him away with his stupid worn out mathematics book and hastily walks away from his locker, more like stomping away. The owl-eyed boy then begins muttering incoherently under his breath as he continues shaking his head back and forth in disbelief. 

            What the hell is Joonmyun thinking? The student body president is out of his flipping mind! There is no way Kyungsoo was helping out his hyung this time. Nuh uh! Nope! No way!

            He picks up his pace when he hears Joonmyun yelling out his name. He practically starts running when he hears his name being yelled through a microphone. Wait, microphone…? That means…? Oh, crap! When the hell did Joonmyun get his clipboard out? Kyungsoo runs even faster now.

            Surprisingly he was able to outrun the student play director, slash, student body president since there was a guy named Lay, who just so happened to appear out of nowhere and stopped Joonmyun’s chase after Kyungsoo halfway. Kyungsoo didn’t want to stop himself from running though; fearing that Joonmyun’s encounter with Lay would be short lived. As he rounded the corner of the hallway he heard a faint threat from Joonmyun echo after him, “This isn’t over, Do Kyungsoo!”

            When Kyungsoo got to his seat he immediately attached his head to his desk. He groaned and let out a heavy sigh. What did he do to deserve this? He finished the props like Joonmyun had asked him to since no one else would do them, but now suddenly this new request? No, it was just too much for Kyungsoo to handle.

            He closes his eyes and lets another sigh escape his heart shaped lips. He then slowly opens his eyes and looks outside the window, his head still placed on his desk. What is he going to do? He decides he’ll just think about the matter at a later time.

            He then shuts his eyes again in frustration when girls start to squeal behind him. He really doesn’t want to face Kim Jongin either.

 

            As lunch rolled in, Kyungsoo happily strolls through the school’s flower garden and sits himself down on one of the benches. He pulls out a bento box from his school bag and hums lightly as he opens it to reveal the precious treasure hidden inside. His nose slightly flares from the delicious smell, which also brings a smile to his face. He then takes his chopsticks and begins to eat his homemade bibimbap. His head bounces from side to side in a cute manner as he chews. He’s so lost in his food that he doesn’t realize a pair of eyes watching him.

            “Yah.” Someone harshly pokes Jongin’s right cheek repeatedly, “You’re going to make holes appear on the kid if you keep staring at him like that.”

            Jongin quickly swats the hand away and angrily turns his head away from the classroom window to his tall derpy friend, “No, I’m not.”

            A deep hearty laugh is heard along with a snort, “Heh, yea, sure.”

            Jongin glares at him then nods his head to the corner of the class where Baekhyun was currently sitting with the infamous Hunhan couple, “Then what about Baekhyun-hyung, eh? I’ve seen the way you stare at him during practice.”

            His friend glances over to the corner and immediately spots the small group of three, especially Baekhyun. His face is suddenly flushed in various colors of red and pink as he stares. Baekhyun had his genuine eye smile plastered on his face after laughing to something Luhan had just said to Sehun. Jongin’s friend turns his head away, slightly dazed from the smiling boy and sits down in the nearest seat, trying to calm his beating heart. His hands were now nervously fumbling around with his necktie and his right eye had begun to twitch, “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

            Jongin smirks and mocks his friends words, “Heh, yea, sure.”

            A pout forms on the other, “Whatever, Kai.”

            Jongin’s smirk only grows wider after the response, which makes his friend become somewhat uncomfortable, “Chanyeol.”

            “W-what?”

            Cue in a small pause for effect…

            “You’re sitting in Baekhyun’s seat.”

            The gears in Chanyeol’s mind slowly start to function properly as Jongin’s words replay over and over in his head. You’re in Baekhyun’s seat… Baekhyun’s seatBaekhyun’s seatBaekhyun’s seat

            Oh my Krisus! He’s in Byun Baekhyun’s seat!

            Chanyeol clumsily stands up, hurting his knee in the process against the desk, which makes it screech forward and the chair he was just currently sitting on also crashes backwards to the floor. All the students in the class, quite astonished from the loud ruckus, are now facing Chanyeol. They were all giving him strange looks including the Hunhan couple and well, Byun Baekhyun.

            “Uhhhhh…u-um…I-I…sorry.” Chanyeol bows repeatedly to the students in the classroom. The students just shrugged their shoulders and resumed chatting amongst their friends as they finished up their lunches.

            Chanyeol looks around the classroom while rubbing the back of his neck embarrassedly. He then finds himself locking eyes with Baekhyun. His cheeks immediately flare into another layer of red as he turns his head away. After regaining some of his dignity back, he looks back to the other and gives a small wave, smiling sheepishly to him as well. The eyeliner boy chuckles slightly from Chanyeol’s cute actions and hides a small smile behind his hand as he turns his attention back to the Hunhan couple, who were apparently in their own world as they shared a piece of strawberry flavored pockey with one another.

            Jongin bites his bottom lip in an attempt to keep himself from bursting out into fits of laughter. Chanyeol glares down at him before fixing Baekhyun’s desk.

            “Well, that was funny.”

            “Shut up, Kai.” Chanyeol grumbles, deciding it would be better for him to sit in the desk in front of Jongin’s instead of Baekhyun’s.

            “Pfft, c’mon Chanyeol. It was funny. At least you got Baekhyun-hyung to look at you.”

            Chanyeol puts his head into his hands, “But that was so embarrassing.”

            Jongin pats Chanyeol’s head and smiles, “It’s alright, Chanchan. I think Baekhyun-hyung kind of likes you anyway.”

            Chanyeol’s head immediately lifts up, “Really!? Are you serious?”

            Jongin nods his head and looks back out the window, his eyes landing onto the owl-eyed boy, who was still sitting by himself on the bench in the flower garden.

            “I think so anyway. Whenever you approach someone they always give you an excuse and walk away, but I haven’t seen Baekhyun do that to you. Even though you never talk to the guy, he doesn’t seem to mind you being around him.”

            After hearing Jongin’s words, Chanyeol beams a smile like a really big smile where all of his beautiful pearly white teeth show. The thought of Baekhyun possibly liking him back made him extremely hopeful and happy.

            “Well, what about you and Kyungsoo?”

            Jongin gives his friend a puzzled look, “What do you mean?”

            “Like, does Kyungsoo even notice you? I mean we’ve been friends a long time Kai. I know how long you’ve had a crush on Kyungsoo, but he’s never really acknowledged you, you know?”

            Jongin sighs, “Yea, but I…I don’t really know, Chanyeol.”

            Jongin thinks back to yesterday’s practice. The way Kyungsoo had left so suddenly after their eyes had locked made his heart feel empty. He wonders if the owl-eyed boy even remembers him from when they were kids. Ever since he found out Kyungsoo attended the same school as him he hoped that the older boy would remember him, but he doesn’t. Why would he anyway? Jongin thought sadly. It was probably an insignificant memory to the owl-eyed boy, but to Jongin it meant a lot.

            His eyes flitted back to Kyungsoo’s figure outside. The boy was nodding his head from side to side again as he chewed his delicious food, making Jongin smile at Kyungsoo’s innocence. Jongin quietly pulls out a piece of thick red yarn from his pocket. Both of the ends were tied together in a small bow making the yarn take the shape of a ring. He fiddles with it in between his fingers before it places itself around his pinky finger. He stares at it for a moment then smiles sadly, getting himself lost in his memories. For now, Jongin thinks it’s okay to just see Kyungsoo from afar. 

 

            Another day of school is now over. Kyungsoo makes way to his locker and places his unneeded books for homework away. After closing his locker he just stands in front of it. He finally knocks his head against it and stays in that position for awhile. He feels guilty now and it’s all Joonmyun’s fault. His memories recall to Joonmyun’s pleads from this morning.

 

            “Kyungsoo.”

            Kyungsoo lifts his book up a little bit higher to cover the lower part of his face, “Y-yes…”

            Joonmyun grabs a hold of Kyungsoo’s uniform and looks deeply into Kyungsoo’s eyes. It was like staring into death itself. Was the student body president going to beat him up? Kyungsoo shook the thought away. No, no that can’t be it. Maybe he doesn’t like how I did the props and is angry about it or something, but-oh, w-wait...what?  Why is he looking at me like he’s going to cry now?

            Kyungsoo gives his hyung a strange yet concerned look as Joonmyun’s intense death glare has now turned into one filled with helplessness. The grip on his uniform also lessens.

            “J-Joonmyun-hyung…?”

            “Kyungsoo-ah I need your help again.”

            Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows, “W-with what?”

            Joonmyun slightly shakes Kyungsoo back and forth before sighing deeply, “Aish, chincha…Um, you see, Kai dropped Tiffany during practice yesterday and well, her ankle had somehow twisted when she fell a-and, um...”

            A hesitant pause. Kyungsoo is confused. What does Tiffany’s twisted ankle have anything to do with him? Joonmyun started to chuckle nervously. His jaws then clench together tightly. Kyungsoo has an eyebrow raised now. His hyung is acting really strange.

            “And…?”Kyungsoo says awkwardly.

            “And, um…I don’t have any other backups for her role.”

            “Uh, okay…?” Kyungsoo squints his eyes, not understanding where this weird conversation was going.

            “Ah, what am I doing?” Joonmyun mutters to himself. He quickly shakes his head, “No, I have to ask.”

            “Uh, hyung…?” Kyungsoo was slightly getting freaked out now.

            Joonmyun nods to himself then faces Kyungsoo with a serious expression, “Kyungsoo I need you to play as the princess in the musical play. Will you do it?”

            Kyungsoo is silent for a minute as he slowly processes this. Play as the princess? As in the princess? Like… a girl? Joonmyun wants him to play as a girl? The princess who will eventually end up kissing the prince, right? And that prince is…

            Kyungsoo’s eyes widen to the size of freakin saucers, “BWOH!?”

 

            And that brings us to Kyungsoo denying Joonmyun’s request to play as the princess, as well as running away from him and his clipboard before he was coincidently saved by Lay.

            Kyungsoo sighs and thinks it over again. If he doesn’t play the part then all of Joonmyun’s hard work on the play, as well as the rest of the students, will go to waste when the winter festival comes. Kyungsoo frowns. Why not let Jessica take the part instead? Kyungsoo likes the idea of playing a maid better than the princess, who’ll end up kissing Jong-the prince, who is Jong- aish, Kyungsoo bangs his head against his locker again. He doesn’t even have a good singing voice, Kyungsoo thinks to himself. Joonmyun is just nuts is what Kyungsoo concludes. Like really, how are they going to convince the audience that I’m a girl anyway when I’m a boy…

            “You’re going to play the princess?”

            Kyungsoo gasps. He didn’t realize he was speaking to himself out loud. He quickly facepalms himself before turning around to face the unexpected person. His eyes widen. This was the last person he wanted to see.

            “J-Jongin-ssi…”

 

---

A/N:

Sorry for grammar mistakes and whatnot. I didn’t thoroughly proof-read this since I’m a bit tired.

I also have a headache from my sister so the chapter came out short and not all that great and how I would like it to be.

I still hope it’s good enough for you and that you liked it. I decided it wouldn’t hurt to add a bit of Baekyeol and Hunhan in it. =P There will definitely be more Kaisoo interaction in the next chapter though.

Alrighty, thank you for reading and for subscribing! <333 I love you all and make sure to comment. I need the motivation if you really want me to update, but you really don’t have to. This time I won’t come after you with Joonmyun’s clipboard... maybe, eh heh heh…

Well, anyways, have a wonderful day! =)

<3 dububrit-on