Rain 8

Once Upon A Rainy Day

 

 

 

I could not believe that it was raining! I started looking for a shed when Myungsoo pulled me and guided me under a tree that was large enough to cover us both from the rain.

 

“Why does it always rain when I’m with you?” Myungsoo teased.

 

“Always? It’s only the second time.”

 

“Still, you could not count this as coincidence.”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

He didn’t answer me and I just stood there waiting. Waiting for something even I didn’t know. For a few minutes we stayed quiet.

 

Finally, Myungsoo broke the silence, “Do you know that I like the rain?”

 

“What?”

 

“I said that I like rain. Others get annoyed when it rained maybe because they get wet. Because the roads become slippery and muddy or because the sky is just gloomy. But not me.”

 

“Why?” I couldn’t stop myself from asking him.

 

He smiled with a distant look in his eyes. I thought he would never answer me but then he said, “Because rain refreshes and replenishes. Not only it refreshes people, rain also refreshes the plants and animals after a scorching heat from the sun, cooling down the temperature, making it bearable for all us. Rain also replenishes the earth with water. It’s God’s way of watering the earth. Just imagine,” he looked at me with amusement in his voice, “without rain we’re all going to dry up. And I also like it because…umm… never mind that.”

 

Myungsoo never finished what he was going to say, he just changed the subject. “Hey, you’re not talking. I guess I bored you to death.”

 

I shook my head. On the contrary, I was listening to him intently. In my mind, I was amazed how deep his thinking is.

 

 “No, not bored. I’m just amazed how you see and appreciate things. And thank you for opening my eyes.” I answered him looking directly into his eyes.

 

We fell silent again. My mind was thinking of what he just said. As I was thinking it over, I came to a conclusion that I was also loving the rain, bit by bit. I just smiled then.

 

Minutes passed, and little by little, the downpour started to lessen. Then, I had this crazy idea so I asked Myungsoo if he wanted to walk in the rain. I thought he didn’t hear me because he just stood there, transfixed. Therefore, I decided that it was time to take action, that it was my turn to pull him. So we stepped out from the tree and let the rain drenched us. We were laughing really hard and I never felt so good.

 

Myungsoo and I walked around dripping wet but none of us noticed it.

 

“Oh. I forgot to give this to you.” He took something from his pocket and gave it to me. “Your souvenir.”

 

I took it, curious of what he had bought for me. It was a beautiful bracelet made from weaved strings. And at the center of the bracelet there were flowers. Myungsoo took the bracelet from me and put it on my wrist. I could not take my eyes off the bracelet. Somehow, I was touched by his gift.

 

 

Then I remembered mine, but I was a little embarrassed to give it to him. Though it may not beat his gift, I still chose it for him, thinking that it was perfect. So I opened my bag to get the gift and hand it over to Myungsoo.

 

He just stared at it for a moment. I was little worried that he didn’t like the gift but then he said with a hint of trembling voice, “This is perfect. I’ll treasure this.”

 

 In his hand he was holding an old silver basketball ball charm. A reminder of the game and our wonderful time at the fair.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I got a little something for all of you guys. :)

I finally had the time and the right materials to create a trailer for this fanfic.

I was so happy when I watched the video of Sunggyu's 1st solo album and saw L's scenes!

THE RAIN SCENES! OH GOODY! (It's like it was meant for my fanfic. HEEHEEHEE! :D )

At last, I can now make a trailer for my fanfic.

So here it is ONCE UPON A RAINY DAY TRAILER

Hope you'll like it!

Again, thank you for reading this story.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!