Rain 7

Once Upon A Rainy Day

 

 

 

I didn’t know where we were going. I just followed him. As if he had given me a choice! Myungsoo had my hand and walked really fast. Actually, I felt like we were jogging. Where on earth he was taking me? I really didn’t have clue.

 

Was he going to kidnap me? Was this some kind of ‘modus operandi’ of a kidnapper? Should I shout for help? Should I feel afraid? But oddly enough, I feel calm even with all of these.  Strange, but I feel at ease with him. Somehow, I trust him so I let him guide me to wherever we were going to. I also had a greater thing to worry about, which was actually not tripping. Since I knew that I was clumsy enough to trip, I focused on matching my pace with him.

 

I was still concentrating on walking that it was too late when I realized that he stopped and so, I bumped into him.

 

 “Aw!” I said while rubbing my head.

 

“Sorry for dragging you. Did it hurt?”

 

I could see concern in his eyes as he put his hand on my forehead and touched it. A little stunned at what he did, I just looked at him like fool. When I finally realized what was happening, I was quite surprised and stepped backwards. And then there was it again, his smile. The same one I saw that night on the group date. I didn’t know what he was thinking behind that smile. It was like he was debating or something. Nonetheless, I told myself that I should not concern myself about it.

 

As if on cue, I remembered what he said to me earlier. That we should not waste the day with just a lunch and that we were going on a date. Embarrassing or not, I asked him about the date, “Did I hear it right? You said that we are going on a date.”

 

“Ah. Yes. It seems like a waste not to fully spend this day. And we’re already outside, so we might as well go on a date.”

 

“But last week, the night you saved me, you said it’s not a date.”

 

“Yes. The LUNCH is not a date. I have a feeling that even if I change my mind and offer to pay, you won’t allow me so I let you pay it.”

 

I laughed, “Oh that. You’re right. I won’t let you pay even if you offer. A promise is a promise but thank goodness, the food there is not expensive.” Then I jokingly added, “I was dreading our bill the whole time.”

 

Myungsoo also laughed, “That’s why I chose the café. Now, we’re on a date. But don’t worry,” he further said as he saw nervousness in my face, “this is just a friendly date, just think of it as two people hanging out.”

 

Still a little hesitant, I agreed.

 

And boy, I was glad that I agreed. We had a wonderful time together. All that time that he was dragging me, we were actually going to a fair that was a few blocks away from the café. In fact, I remembered Min and Jia inviting me to that same fair but as I told them about the lunch with Myungsoo, our plans were moved the next week. 

 

The fair was so much fun. There were food stands, souvenir shops and many game booths. We stopped in one of the game booths and even had a competition. The booth had simple rule. The player has to shoot balls into the basketball ring.

 

“Do you want to play against me?” Myungsoo asked.

 

I’m a type of person who never backs out to a challenge and without any further thought I said, “Sure! The person who shoots more balls into the ring in one minute wins and the loser will have to endure five flicks on the forehead.”

 

We paid for our turn in the game. Though I knew a little bit of basketball, it was not enough to defeat Myungsoo. Actually, I was glad that he didn’t give me the game because if he did, I would be totally pissed off. I was rather pleased that he saw me as an equal, not just a weak girl that he should lose to deliberately.

 

 

I guess that’s another one on my...

 

 

Myungsoo and I visited other game booths, went to food stands and ate waffles, ice cream and other things I couldn’t remember. Time went so fast that I didn’t even realize that the sun had set. At last, after seeing all the fair could offer, we called it a day. But before leaving, we decided to buy a souvenir for each other. We agreed that Myungsoo would buy a souvenir for me and I for him. We parted ways, agreeing to meet after thirty minutes at the playground beside the park where we’d met that afternoon.

 

I stopped at the shops we went to earlier, thinking what I should buy. A shirt? No, I might get the wrong size. A mug? Too common. Then I saw it. It was in one of the stalls which sells old/used stuffs, a perfect gift. No time to lose, I bought it and immediately went to our meeting place.

 

I was happily thinking of what I bought when I saw that Myungsoo was already there, smiling like he could not believe I was coming.

 

When I was in front of him, he said, shaking his head, “I thought you’d never come.”

 

I was going to answer him but then it thundered and started to rain.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello there! An update! YAY! ^^

I also changed the  main image of the chapters.

Hope you'll like it.

I would like to thank you all for your comments!

God bless everyone!