iii.

Unripe Apple

   "Yah...clean up after you're done and make sure put the syrup back inside the fridge!" Peniel shouted out a reminder to the youngest who's now standing in front if the sink, just about to turn on the pipe. His side figure alone indicates frustration upon hearing the hyung's request. The maknae have his ups and downs, but especially when asked to do chores he'll act like it is unfair for the others to treat him with so much 'attentions'. Out of nowhere he becomes deafened however never did they saw he once throws a tantrum. That one thing about him being patient makes them appreciates him more.

   Not long after that a loud cracking sounds of glasses echoes from the kitchen. It was nothing only Sungjae showing protests so he can avoid from actually exploding his rage, it's one of the medium he could transfer out those maddening thoughts inside him.

   "Sungjae-yah! Just leave it there, hyung will do-" Peniel tolerates a lot with the youngest behaviour because he does not please ruining someone's mood. He knew how bad it feels to get the whole day ruined all thanks to mood changes.

   Before he even have the chance to finishes his sentences, the front door flings opened bringing along the cold breeze from outside. "Let him. Sungjae, no matter how loud you still have to do it." someone said between shudders as he walks into the house, his fingers clasped together near his mouth. Peniel watches silently as he kicks the door closed behind him. The person brings his face up revealing his watery eyes and over-rubbed red nose.

   "Why are you up so early?" he asked.

   Peniel smiles in return to his question. It's a simple question that he have no answer to. "Hyung, where did you go this early then?"

   "Early workout. It's been so long since I did a proper one with those schedules we had." he sighed.

   "Let's go together next time, I could use some workout too..." arms stretched out above his head, Peniel saw the older one nodded.

   "Hyunsik hyung..." he called out. The other one turns his head around and look at him waiting for a continuation. He wanted to ask him if he'd like to go out for a walk with him but seeing those tired eyes, he thought it might be good if he just rest.

   "Hmm...pancakes. There's pancakes in the kitchen."

   Hyunsik suddenly starts chuckling by himself until his eyes formed somewhat like a curved line. The smiling eyes which brings the fans into giggles every time it appears out of its adorableness. Peniel thought he looks more approachable when he smiles, gives out the feelings to pinch his cheeks. The 4th hyung is that cute, actually.

   "I can smell it from outside the street, you know I thought it came from some other people's house turned out it's here!"

   "The smell is that strong, I guess..." he grinned at him.

   "Nah. I have always have a sharp nose." Hyunsik mutters in his leftover laughter.

   "Sharp? They look normal to me? Mine is not that sharp too." eyebrow knitted, he voiced. He rested his fingers on his nose, slowly touching it as if it is his first time realizing its existence.

   Hyunsik stopped laughing completely and blinks at him. "What are you doing?"

   "Checking the sharpness of my nose...?"

   Once again, Hyunsik bursts out a loud noise sounded almost like he's choking. He finally turn his body way from the young one and make his way to the kitchen, with faint supressed chuckles.

   Seconds after he heard him talking with Sungjae. "I didn't know they have pancake deliveries here, too!"

***