ii.

Unripe Apple

   Finally, they have the chance to get some time for themselves after a month of strenous promotions for their comeback. The response is good everyone is feeling good as well seeing how it went unexpectedly smooth. Fatigue have already been garnering in them despite of that, they definitely need a break.

   Peniel tosses around his bed a bit more before settling down with his head hanging upside down from his bed. He stays in that position before he was resuscitated back to his sense by a soft chuckle. He opens his eyes only to caught a sight of Eunkwang flailing his arms freely on the air. He immediately turn over and grabs his phone tucked under his pillow.

   Amused, he held the phone over then pressed record. He continues recording the unconscious leader only stopped by a grunt coming from his subject.

   "Hyung.." he called out almost whispering.

   No movement detected.

   "Eunkwa-' he tried calling again, just to make sure.

   He blinks focusing on the motionless person somehow hoping for a response from him.

   "Sleep more." a hoarsed voice suddenly heard.

   Peniel watches as the sleeping leader pulls up his blanket and roll his body to the side, showing his back to him.

   "Hmm", he hummed but he knew how hard was it for him to sleep again once he's awake in the morning so he slowly make his way down his bed, carefully not to wake Minhyuk or the others.

   They will be having pancakes as breakfast today, it seems. It's been a while since he had them home-cooked anyway. With that thought he shuffles hurriedly into the washroom so he can start cooking early before someone wakes up.

***

    "Waaaaahhhhhhhh~~~" Sungjae howls wide-eyed seeing pile of pancakes stacked carefully served on the dining table.

   "Pancakes?" Peniel asked while getting a bottle of orange juice from the fridge.

   "Hyung! Where did you bought this? Wah... I didn't know they deliver pancakes in Seoul too! And it's still hot-" Sungjae said taking his seat cautiously as if any sudden movement may cause those pancakes to disappear from his sight.

   With his hand still holding the orange juice, Peniel stares dumbfoundedly at Sungjae.

   "But...it wasn't delivered thou..." he mumbles.

   Not even caring to hear Peniel, Sungjae already devouring the food happily.

   "Hei, eat slowly. That's all for everyone so-"

   "Mmm...I won't eat all..." Sungjae voiced out in between his chew and swallow progress.

   Peniel swiftly pull the plate away from the younger one but paused for a moment before transferring another piece of pancake onto Sungjae's plate.Sungjae made a squeak as sign of gratefulness then continue eating. He just nodded at his action and smiled.

   Peniel keeps wondering what he should do today since it's an off day. He thought about going out for a walk around the neighbourhood too. That one he have been wanting to do again just like how he used to back before he debuted. He will do that. Today.

***

    She was greeted by the piercing ray of sunlight coming from her window. It must have been her roommate who opened the curtain again. She huffs softly and once again bring her side over to the wall, pressing her cheek against the cold end of her pillow. It is always feels good to stay on the bed even when she is already wide awake.

   “What time is your class? It’s almost 9…” her roommate walked in with a basket of folded clothes.

   She slowly bring herself on her feet before tying her hair up, "No class today...Hey, I was supposed to do that today."

   "Yeah you should but I thought I was gonna go waiting for it to be done...!"

   She laughs nervously "I'm free today so uhm...I'll do the rest of the chores."

   Her roommate shakes her head and grinned. "Nope. You're cooking today. And you're going out to buy the stuff YOURSELF."

   She opened his mouth in disbelieve. She hates shopping for groceries, just generally anything that involves shopping; she detest it. It's bothersome and tiring.

   "No buts. Take that as a punishment for not doing the laundry." Her roommate hums happily as she make her way out from the room, clearly glad that she did a good option on the laundry.

   She sighs loudly thinking about what she would have to go through later that day. Maybe it's the time to roam around her neighbourhood, she never once did that. And she would like to try it. Today.