Pilot.

Finding Eve. : Forever Hiatus

 

Anita's Pov.

I wandered around Seoul for a couple hours before I decided I needed a drink. The lead investigator of my parents’ case called today saying that the department had to drop the case. The killer was nowhere to be found and there wasn’t anything else “they” could do.

So I made my way to a nearby bar. To drink away all the bull I heard today.
Yes, bar not club.

What the odd thing was, this bar seemed to be more advance than any other bar you would have ever seen.

It had a classy but had cold feel to it along with a cool breathe entering from the glass ceiling. The interior resembled something out of a magazine or a restaurant you would find in Paris. Smooth jazz flowed from the speakers, intoxicating your body with the calm, serene sound of saxophones. & instead of disgusting drunkards suffocating the atmosphere with loud and unruly mannerism, the restaurant was filled with soft chatter of the fashionably clad group of people that occupied each table.

It was absolutely breath taking.

Still admiring the interior, I made my way to the bar area. It didn't fail to impress either. A fine collection of beer, wine, & any other form of liquor or alcoholic beverages decorated the shelves while the cups and shot glasses sat proudly on the bottom.

I didn't realize that someone had been grinning next to me the whole time.

"Enjoying the view?"

I turned just a bit to see an idol like face smiling back at me.

"Very much so, yes." I replied, and went back to marveling at the tequila on the shelf begging for me to order it.

The new face seemed a little taken back that I disregarded his existence and left with a dark, brooding look. I mentally patted myself on the back for shooting down a chance for him to flirt with me.

I turned to see the bartender laughing in front of me with eyes of amusement.

"Is there something wrong?" It came out harsher then I intended but he continued laughing as if it was the greatest thing in the world.

"No, no. Of course not. Except the fact you just blew off the famous Lee Joon." & with that he busted out into another fit of giggles and howls; I could only squirm in discomfort as a couple of curious eyes found their way from their table to the bar area.

"Yah, stop it! You're drawing to much attention!" I tried to cover my face as he turn toward the shelf of liquor and laughed some more.

"Miss you really are something--"

He turned back and placed the bottle of tequila I've been admiring and two shot glasses on the counter.

"-- & for lightning my mood, you have the honor of finishing this tequila bottle, I've been saving, with me." He grinned widely at me as he poured the first two shots.

"Why thank you mysterious bartender." I cracked somewhat of a smile and downed the first shot in one go.

After a couple more shots, mysterious bartender decided to strike up a conversation and by now, I really did not care.

"So what is a model such as you doing in a place like Seoul?"

"Hah! Model? Are you serious." I laughed off the compliment and poured us both another shot. Though I understood how I didn’t look like a Korean native. I had a more foreign look to my facial structure and it always got me a job at a modeling agency. A l m o s t.

"&, I'm in this classy bar because I have troubles only liquor can wash away." I disregarded the fact he asked about Seoul & poured the next shot.

"Yeah, well, boss does his best to keep this place feeling that way. He's all mysterious and stuff." At the word mysterious he did finger movements that just made both of us laugh.

"The man sure has taste though, I'll give him that," I said as I down the umpth shot.

"Yeah well, he's been around long enough to know what sparks interests in humans." He stared at me and I swear his eyes flashed yellow before settling back to brown.

--humans? He said it as if he wasn't one himself. & was his eyes just yellow?!

He smiled widely at me as if expecting me to solve a puzzle...


 

No. Way.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next thing I knew I was running down in alleyway with my 9 millimeter pistol loaded and ready.

. . . I'd let my guard down for a second-!

"Anitaaaaaaaa~ come out, come out wherever you are."

I turned and fired once before taking off again. I could feel him right behind me so I ducked and rolled behind a trash bin and fired again right at his shoulder. I tried to calm my breathing as I heard a groan.

Mysterious bartender turns out to be a werewolf. Awesome.

I stood up, gun at the ready, but no bartender...

… Crap.

I turned and slammed right into what felt like a brick wall. I looked up and his eyes were now positively enlightened with a joyful gleam, the gleam wolves have after a successful hunt. I glanced at his shoulder and it dawned on me that my bullet never even hit him.

Tch, wonderful actor he is.

I tried to twist myself out of his grasp and he just smiled backed at me as he crushed my gun like a paper ball.

"If you keep squirming pet, you'll end up like that.  & I really don't want to do that~"

I should have resort to screaming but he’ll probably bite out my throat. Next thing I know I was dragged along as he whistled all the way back to the bar.

When we got there, he pushed me into an elevator which brought us to the top floor. I don't know if I was more amazed at the pent house or the view we saw from the pent house. Seoul’s skyline was stunning.

I was snapped out of my admiration when mysterious bartender/ werewolf sat me down.

"Do you want anything Anita?" He spoke as if he didn’t chase me down an alleyway and I didn’t shoot at him.

Oh well, if he hasn't killed me now, then obviously I'm important.

"Now that you asked, yes. I'd like a sandwich and some jasmine tea. That chase in the alleyway drained me." I fanned myself dramatically and he just laughed as he made his way to the kitchen. I turned and admired more of the pent house.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know anyone would be out of their right mind at the moment. But I am a special case. I would be lying if I said I wasn't in this position before.

I am a psychic. I can't foresee the future or anything like that, but I can locate anything. A rock among rocks, a certain corpse in a massacre, a missing child, person, item, you name it. If I touch a person or anything they'd have ever been in contact with, then boom. They're located.

I've been using the power to locate my parents’ murderer and along the way, I've caught the eyes of many 'creatures' wishing to do business.

I've ran into vampires more than enough times, a wolf every now and then if their sense of smell was bad enough, and a dragon clan once when I was in China. Ironically enough, the Mafia and Yakuza are run by Dragons. Great, right?

However the mythical people have non-human friendly ways to get to me. I almost lost a leg once. & One of those dragons left a burn scar on my shoulder but they gave me a tattoo to make up for it.

let’s just say I will never wear a bikini ever again thanks to them.

The wolves on the other hand feel it's a necessity to drag me by their teeth to their den, so that's the only reason I shot the bartender. It’s strange though.. werewolf/bartender was surprisingly not so predator like. He seemed unnaturally calm and happy all the time. Like a tamed pet..

I snapped out of my thoughts with the sounds of dishes being placed down in front of me. Werewolf/bartender had returned with the tea and nicely arranged finger sandwiches on a plate.

I was just about to take a sip of my tea when the double doors on the left side of the room slammed open.

I fumbled a bit with the teacup and werewolf/bartender just continued biting into his sandwich with a bored expression.

"YOO YOUNGJAE."

So the werewolf/bartender has a name I see.

A man stormed out of the doors with a cane in one hand and a book in the other. He was in a finely fitted suit and his hair was a ash blonde color. He had a beautiful face, gorgeous really. Except it had a glare directed right towards Yoo Youngjae that looked as if it could burn through steel.


Youngjae just looked up with his signature bubbly smile and bit into his sandwich again.

"Yes Boss?"

"I SAID I WANTED TO READ LOOKING FOR ALASKA, NOT 50 SHADES OF GREY! THIS BOOK IS DISGUSTING. I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO USE A SPATULA FOR THOSE KINDS OF DEEDS."

"But I got did get you 'Looking for Alaska!" Youngjae whined.

"DOES THIS READ: ‘LOOKING FOR ALASKA?!" the man chucked the book at Youngjae and dramatically slammed his cane on the ground as he attempted to calm himself down. I flinched expecting Youngjae to go all werewolf and flip the table or bite the book in half. But he just .. caught it.

Youngjae stared at the book and slapped his cheek while making his mouth form an 'O'.

"You're right Boss! The book does say '50 Shades of Grey!"

"I know it does you twit." The man had tightened his hand around the top of the cane and I can tell he was holding back from throwing the stick right at Youngjae.

"But I did get you 'Looking for Alaska', you'd probably picked up the wrong book."

With that being said, Boss man turned around ready to knock the taste out of Youngjae's mouth with his cane until he saw me.

He places his cane down and stared at me.


"& you are?"
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I studied his face as he sat down in the chair in front of me. The atmosphere around him gave off a sophisticated feeling, but it felt unapproachable. Cold. I can’t give him the impression I’m intimidated. I shook my head and lied back in my chair. I poured myself another cup of jasmine tea and raised my eyes to meet his.

Fire met Ice, and the air grew tense.

There was something about this man, something I couldn’t grasp. He was a totally different person now. He had the air of something I’ve never encountered. I have met many creatures, but never had I met someone bold enough to tame a lycanthrope, none the less one as powerful as Youngjae.

“The name’s Anita.”

“Last name?”

“Pardon?”

“Last. Name.”

He said the words as if my name wasn’t satisfying enough.

“Who are you?” There was no way he was getting my last name. He didn’t even get my first name. Anita was just a cover name I made up.

His eyes flashed from angry, to confused, to impressed, and ended with him smirking at me and his eyes returned to their original frosty gaze.

“Jung.”

“Charmed. Why did you bring me here?”

“I need your help.

“With?”

“What is it that you do? Track people down?” He glanced at Youngjae, who nodded and continued to happily eat his sandwich.

You watched him and he sat forward with his cane between his legs.

“Then yes. I need to you find someone. I know you can.” I guess my reputation has gotten out of control.

“And why should I help you?” I placed my empty tea cup down and waited for his response.

What he said next caught me by surprised.

“Because you’re looking for her too.” With that he stood up and made his way to the doors in which he entered from.

I froze.

He couldn’t possibly mean h e r.

They told me she disappeared and announced most likely dead. All my leads had gone cold.. so why, why now? What’s their connection?

 

I snapped out of my shock and grabbed him by his arm to stop him.

“Wait.”

What’s their connection?! I’ve found it! He's my next lead!

 

“Miss Choi Sunhee..” I froze and released his arm.

…….

How?

How did he get my name?

 

I retreated until my back collided with the couch.

He can’t. They shouldn’t know my name! It’s not even in government records! We burned it! We burned everything!

 

He turned and traced his index finger down my face as he smirked victoriously.

“Find Eve.”

He retracted his hand and gave me one last look as he walked back through the doors with Youngjae following behind him.

 

The doors closed and I was left dumbfounded.

 

                “If they have your name, they have your life.”

 

The door opened again and I jumped until I realized it was Youngjae. He handed me a piece of paper and retreated back to the doors and closed it behind him.

 

“Find her, and I won’t kill you.”

Well this is just peachy.

_________