Follow the flow

Fate Call

 

"Okay. So let me get this straight. Some guy called you yesterday by accident, since he called the wrong number. You asked Changjo to track him, and today you've became his one day driver."

 

Ljoe let out another tired sigh.

 

“Yes Ricky. For the tenth time, yes.”

 

“Why?”

 

“How would I know? It’s just… happened. Okay,” Ljoe throws his hands up despondently. Leave it to Ricky to keep asking until he satisfied, and until Ljoe lost his sanity.

 

Ljoe is in his house, trying to relax after part timing as a driver for a certain Head Manager. He had fun while getting to know the other. They had breakfast at a café (which he figures would be his favorite café since they serve a very delicious black coffee) and he goes to Chunji’s office, watching the guy does his manager work. Then he accompanied Chunji to meet his client, and send him back home. They talked a lot, and he finds out that Chunji is a very carefree person, despite his profession. To say that he is taking a like on Chunji is an understatement.

 

But of course, Ricky just had to barge into his house demanding explanation on why he can’t contact the elder for the whole day. Apparently, the younger had planned to have lunch with him. Ljoe bets on his salary this month that the reason Ricky planned a lunch with him is that Changjo had to go out of town for a case.

 

After much pestering (and sighing) Ljoe explained to Ricky the reason of his MIA. No use in keeping this away from Ricky because that kid really knows how to stick his nose in someone else’s business.

 

“You must have a reason, hyung. Like how I love it when Changjo hugs me when we wakes up after our–”

 

Ljoe quickly places his hands on the younger’s mouth.

 

“I don’t even want to know.”

 

Ricky rolls his eyes and pulls Ljoe’s hand away.

 

“Camp out, hyung. After our camp out. God, you have a dirty brain for a police officer.”

 

Ljoe’s mouth shaped to an ‘O’.

 

“Well, we never know. You and Changjo spend way too much time together,” Ljoe shrugs.

 

“Urgh. Hyung, no. I’m not having this conversation with you. And you still didn’t answer my question.”

 

Ricky now has his hands cross over his chest.

 

“What question? Didn’t I answer enough?”

 

“Rationally, any other person who received a wrong number call would just say ‘Excuse me, you called the wrong number’ and end the call. That’s it. Nothing more. You on the other hand, went as much as tracked the guy down, went to his house and became his one day driver. Something doesn’t seem to click here,” Ricky makes a you-better-spill-it-out-to-me-now face.

 

“Okay. So maybe I find him interesting. But that is it.”

 

Ricky seems to have given up on his hyung.

 

“You are weird hyung, interested in some stranger that you barely know,” Ricky finally brushes the matter off and drinks his juice that Ljoe had made.

 

Ljoe is beyond glad that Ricky decided to drop the subject. Honestly, the question Ricky asked him is the same question he asked himself. Yet, he didn’t have the answer. It’s like on instinct, a fate that Chunji called him by mistake and he went to the elder’s (he checked his birthday and Chunji is a month older than him) house. Things just happened.

 

But somehow, he likes it.

 

 

 

It is almost lunch time, and Ljoe had finally finished his paperwork about the burglary case. After submitting the report to the main headquarters, Ljoe drives to a place he never thought he visits for the second time.

 

Chunji’s office.

 

Now though, he is sure this will be his most frequent place to go.

 

He takes the lift to the 24th floor. When the lift stops, he makes his way to the right wing of the building to meet with Chunji’s secretary. He smiles at the lovely girl.

 

“Good afternoon, Sohyun shi. Is Chunji inside?”

 

She nods.

 

“He is. You may go in. He is not busy today anyway,” she smiles.

 

After thanking the secretary, he goes to open the door to the elder’s office and finds the elder staring at his laptop. He hears the door open and turns to the door.

 

As guessed, Chunji is of course, surprised.

 

“Ljoe? What are you doing here?”

 

“Kidnapping you for lunch,” he grins.

 

Chunji lifts an eyebrow before he lets out a chuckle that feels like music to Ljoe’s ears.

 

“How ironic it is for a police officer to kidnap an innocent citizen,” Chunji looks at Ljoe, amused. “Wearing a police uniform no less.”

 

“I’m kidnapping with a warrant,” Ljoe grins playfully. “Anyway, you up for it?”

 

Chunji shrugs.

 

“Sure.”

 

 

 

They are at the café Chunji brought him yesterday, sitting at the table besides the window. The café is not as pack as it normally is. They smile at the waiter when he goes to their table to take their orders. He orders that strong but delicious black coffee, while Chunji gets his usual latte.

 

“So, did Cap drive you to work today?” Ljoe asks after he sipped on his coffee. Chunji laughs at his question.

 

“Fortunately, yes. He finally decided to call me last night when he saw 17 missed calls from his best friend,” Chunji rolls his eyes.

 

“Why you need your best friend as a driver anyway? I mean, I’m sure you can hire a driver of your own?” Ljoe sees the other grins.

 

“Cap is only helping me. Well, been forced to actually. My driver took two weeks leave because of family matters. And before you ask, yes I have driving license, but I am not too fond of driving. Too many rude people,” Ljoe laughs at Chunji’s remark.

 

“Cap has been stupid enough to drive while he was under the influence of alcohol. I bailed him out and in exchange he had to be my driver for two weeks. I’m such a good friend,” Chunji gives himself a pat. Ljoe smiles while shaking his head.

 

“Now Mr. Police Officer. Not busy today?” Chunji leans a bit in his chair.

 

“No, not yet. Just finished with the robbery case. Training new officers,” Ljoe’s face brightens as he thought of an idea. “In fact, I’m pretty free tonight. Want to go somewhere?”

 

Chunji lifts his eyebrow.

 

“Don’t you have a girlfriend to spend your free time with?”

 

Ljoe gives a lazy shrugs. “Been single for three years now. I don’t have time to search for one anyway. So, what do you say?”

 

“Why am I always had to agree to your every plan?”

 

“Because I’m cool?”

 

A kick in Ljoe’s shin. No surprise there.

 

“Sure. With one condition,” Chunji tilts his head a bit. “You pay for everything.”

 

“I guess I can manage that. I’ll pick you up at 7.”

 

Chunji nods.

 

Somehow, again, Ljoe finds himself doing things on instinct. But the pleased feeling in his chest is too wonderful to be concern on small things such as instinct. He should just… follow the flow.

 

 

a/n: tadaa ! this will be a chaptered fic, i guess. i suddenly had the urge to continue this, mainly thanks to you guy's nice words. but i don't exactly know what i'm going to do with the storyline. had few ideas but not sure if i can write it down. we'll see where this story will go. i hope you guys will just bear with me and my randomness. i'm not sure if i can update this in near time since my final is nearer. but i'll try. next chapter is halfway written. i guess you can pretty much guess what is in the next chapter *winkwink* i didn't put much detail in the story as i want to write a light story, but since i don't have a plan for this yet, we'll see ! hee :) do comment. suscribe. and other features. i heart you guys ! xoxo :3