There is you, and him

Fate Call

 

The meeting room door opens and exhausted police officers come out after two hours long sitting on the chair listening to the reports and new orders. Changjo could see his hyung is still discussing things with their superior. Ljoe nods and shakes hand with the Superintendent. The Superintending take his leave as Ljoe bows to him. He massages his head and goes for his room.

 

Changjo stops him as he passes Changjo’s table.

 

“Rough meeting?” Changjo smirks.

 

“Don’t act like you're sympathy when you enjoy my torture,” Ljoe scowls.

 

“Oh don’t be sad. At least you have your rays of sunshine to cheer you up,” Changjo put his chin in his palm and wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

 

“Rays of sunshine?” Ljoe’s scowl deepen.

 

“Oh you know. Some Head Manager that goes with the name Lee Chanhee,” Changjo laughs when Ljoe’s face turns ten shades of red.

 

“Shut up,” he says and goes into his room. The young aspiring police officer is not done with his teasing yet as he follows his hyung to his room, sitting comfortably on the guest chair in front of the table.

 

“When are you going to bring him to meet us? Ricky is dying to meet him,” Changjo is clearly enjoying this. Ljoe closes his eyes. He had enough headache with the meeting and his dongsaeng decides that he needs more stuff to think about with his precious of a head.

 

He doesn’t know what it is, but he knows that there is something between him and Chunji. Somehow being with Chunji makes him relax, and just enjoys the moments. They have been going on lunch dates and dinner together more than Ljoe could count. He didn’t know if it is just mere sparks or really… dare he say it, love.

 

Ljoe grunts.

 

“You should ask him out.”

 

Ljoe feels like banging his head to the walls.

 

“I already did. We are going out to lunch later.”

 

“You know which ‘going out’ I am talking about hyung,” Changjo rolls his eyes at his dense hyung.

 

A ring break through the air as Ljoe’s phone vibrates on the table. He opens the message. His lips naturally shapes into a smile.

 

Changjo doesn’t need a telepathy power to know who has texted his hyung. He takes this as his cue to go back to his place, not before teasing his hyung, telling him to have fun with his lunch date.

 

 

 

 

Ljoe has been in front of Chunji’s building for half an hour. He is listening to the radio while wondering what is taking him so long. He admits he might have come a tad bit early, but Chunji should be out ten minutes ago. He closes his eyes, decides to take a little nap when the passenger’s door open and Chunji gets into his car, buckling his seat belt.

 

“Sorry. Got some obstacle just now,” he smiles.

 

“It’s okay,” Ljoe replies the same gesture. He drives them to the café where they usually had lunch. As they walk into the café, they are greeted by the waiter there who had become their friend after they become their regular customer.

 

They sit at their place besides the window. The waiter, Changbum, comes to them.

 

“As usual?”

 

“Yeah,” Ljoe nods. Changbum smiles at them (Ljoe assumes he didn’t see the meaning behind those teasing smile but the sneer that follows after is hard to pass by) and move back to the counter with their order. Ljoe scowls at that. Did Changjo implant his idea to the whole South Korea?

 

“What is with that look? Works been tough on you?” Chunji tilts his head a bit.

 

“Yeah,” Ljoe admits. Half of his headache is because of work. But the other half is something he isn’t willing to share with Chunji. Yet.

 

“Aww, the criminals been troubling you didn’t they?” Chunji grins. Really, is he an easy target for teasing? But when he feels Chunji’s hands lacing with him, all problems are thrown out the window. “Loosen up a bit, will you,” Chunji squeezes his hands.

 

Ljoe’s heart skips a few beats. Then it speeds the pace up, the beating of his heart intensify.

 

Changbum comes with their order. He puts Ljoe’s black coffee and a triple decker sandwich and Chunji’s cappuccino and spaghetti carbonara on the table. He eyes the entwining hands and smirk. The action isn’t missed by Ljoe. He glares at the said waiter.

 

“Thank you Changbum ah,” Chunji smiles.

 

“Anything for my favorite customer,” Changbum winks at Chunji. He is clearly testing the water, or in other words, Ljoe’s patience. Oh boy has his patience running thin.

 

He had been dealing with his inner turmoil for days now. Trying to figure out what is happening with him and the male in front of him and the others didn’t make it easy. Can’t a guy be happy for his life? Should they add more fuel to his burning fire of confusion?

 

“Ljoe. Byunghun!”

 

Ljoe snaps out of his trance and shift his attention back to Chunji, who is currently furrowing his brow.

 

“Is today your scowling day or something?” the Head Manager asks.

 

Chunji sighs. He pats Ljoe’s hands and starts eating his lunch.

 

“Stop staring and eat your lunch.”

 

Embarrassed that he has been caught staring, he picks up his sandwich and eats it.

 

“Are you free after this?” Chunji asks, eating his spaghetti.

 

“You can say that,” Ljoe says, a bit dumbfounded.

 

“Good.”

 

And Chunji’s smirk tells Ljoe nothing good.

 

 

 

 

“What is that?”

 

Chunji laughs giddily at Ljoe’s not so happy face.

 

“That is a Sling Shot.”

 

Ljoe turns to Chunji with a loss face.

 

“Don’t tell me.”

 

“Yes. We are going to ride that.”

 

Ljoe growls.

 

“This is the answer when you are stress. We have to let it out,” Chunji grins widely.

 

“Or you are the one who wants to ride this.”

 

“That too.”

 

Ljoe massages his head. He didn’t know how Chunji manages to drag him here. One second he is in the car, and the next second he is queuing with Chunji for the ride.

 

If Ljoe says he hates these scary rides, then he lies. He despise it with all his heart. He tries to escape but the grips Chunji has on his arms prevent him from any stunt he is about to make.

 

“Isn’t there any other way to release these stress? You know, a much safer and less rope-y? Maybe?” Ljoe is on the verge of begging Chunji. His man pride has been thrown in a bin. This is a matter of life and death.

 

“Ljoe. You are a Police Officer for heaven’s sake. Just enjoy the ride,” Chunji clasps his hand with Ljoe and pull him to the ride.

 

The workers fasten their safety belt and put a helmet on their head. Ljoe feels his stomach churns and do a three somersault. It is sufficient to say that right now, he is dying.

 

“Hey.”

 

Ljoe looks at the male on his left.

 

Chunji smiles.

 

It's that smile that hold powers to Ljoe. It's that smile that brings weird effect to Ljoe.

 

And suddenly, the Sling Shot doesn’t seem so scary anymore.

 

 

 

 

Ljoe parks his car in front of Chunji’s house. He frowns when the male besides him laughs silently.

 

“I can hear you,” he turns to glare at Chunji.

 

“Sorry,” Chunji grins. “It’s just that it isn’t everyday I get to see a policeman frighten over a simple ride.”

 

“We’re in that small seat getting thrown up in the air, Chunji. What if the rope brakes or something?”

 

“Oh come on, Ljoe. We are still alive aren’t we?”

 

Ljoe sighs. He really can’t win with Chunji.

 

“Anyway, thank you. I had fun.”

 

Ljoe faces the male besides him. The adorable looks, the genuine smile, the crescent eyes. Ljoe’s stomach flips weirdly and this time it is not out of fear. His heart has beat to a faster rhythm. At that very second, he comes to an understanding with his heart.

 

He loves Lee Chanhee.

 

And the feeling of wanting to touch that pink lips with his just confirms it. Affirmative. There is no point denying the obvious. As his brain is processing what his heart is telling, his muscles seems to fall asleep. He is caged by the air as he takes in the face of the male in front of him, drowning in the depth of those brown eyes. Not a move is made as both of them trying to memorize every detail of the other’s.

 

Until a loud knocks on the window brings them back from their own little time. Ljoe looks at the window, ready to give his piece of mind to whoever disturbs their moment when he hears Chunji gasps besides him.

 

Chunji jumps out of the car and goes to the disturber. Ljoe wastes no time getting out of his car too. He sees Chunji trying to calm the man down. The man glares at him hard. Ljoe furrows his brow.

 

“Stop it, okay,” Chunji whispers a bit.

 

“Well, at least tell me who he is. I promise I won’t kill him. Yet,” the man says, muttering the last part.

 

Chunji sighs, defeated. He pinches his nose bridge and introduce them to each other.

 

“Minwoo, Ljoe. Ljoe, Minwoo. My brother,” Chunji breathes.

 

Ljoe’s eyes widen. He quickly bows and greets Chunji’s brother.

 

“Ljoe, huh? What kind of name is that? Is he trustable? Is he even Korean?” Minwoo scans Ljoe up and down. Ljoe thinks he is being interrogating. And it is a little unusual for Ljoe since he is never on the receiving end of an interrogation. He is the one who usually do the interrogation.

 

“His name is Lee Byunghun, a police officer hyung. Look at his uniforms! Can you stop being overprotective for once?!” Chunji’s whispering is getting loud, hands flailing desperately.

 

“But-“

 

“You are done,” Chunji pushes his brother into the house. He turns around to Ljoe with apologetic face, mouthing ‘I’ll text you later.’

 

Ljoe stands there, waving awkwardly at the two siblings. Great. An overprotective brother. How the hell is he going to pleased Minwoo? Once the door is shut, he let a long sighs and goes to his car.

 

 

 

 

Ricky turns to the door of Ljoe’s apartment to see the said man dragging his feet to the living room and dropping his body unceremoniously on the couch.

 

“What is wrong with you?” Ricky asks his half dead looking hyung before slowing down the volume of the television.

 

“I love Chunji,” the Chief Inspector blurts out.

 

“And Changjo loves me,” Ricky stares at his hyung indifferently. “That is so obvious hyung. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY knows it but you.”

 

Ljoe glares at his unhelpful dongsaeng.

 

“But this is a bit odd. Shouldn’t you come back home like some love struck teenage girl after realizing your love for Chunji?” Ricky put his both hands in front of him while batting his eyelash, just for the extra effect.

 

“That’s the problem,” Ljoe sits up straight, sad face facing a confused one. By now he is already imagining Chunji's brother holding a knife chasing him just for having a lunch with his brother.

 

“His brother hates me.”

 

Ricky’s face turns red. Unable to hold it anymore, he bends over, holding his stomach while spewing laughter.

 

Ljoe throws a magazine that is on his table to his inconsiderate dongsaeng.

 

“Sorry,” he says after his laugh dies down. The teasing grin is still there. “So, your princess got some overprotective big brother eh?”

 

Ljoe shoves his face into his palms, doesn’t care if he looks pathetic right now. He believes he would have kissed Chunji right then and there in the car if not for Chunji’s brother.

 

“Well then, there is one thing you should do then.”

 

Ljoe peeks at Ricky from his palms.

 

“What?”

 

“Make his brother like you.”

 

If Ricky is on his reach Ljoe would have strangled the boy.

 

“Oh that is very helpful, thanks. I don't know why I never thought of that,” Ljoe utters a sarcastic remarks while rolling his eyes effectively.

 

“You’ll live,” Ricky pat his unfortunate hyung and walks to the kitchen, leaving his hyung miserable in the living room.

 

 

 

a/n (a bit long -.-;;): update ! phew *wipe forehead* to wash away my stresss, i decided to give you guys a new chapter early. sorry ljoe, you are going to be my *or minwoo in this case* torture victim. but you will not be tortured much though, since this story is all about fluff sparkling stars and puking rainbows on a unicorn ;D

oh and did you seeeeeee the ish poster above ? i have managed to kick myself from the bottomless pit of laziness and made myself a poster ! and a simple background, since yeah i'm lazy ^^;; this is my way to release my grudge on my planetary science paper. this paper will so bring my pointer down :( but what's done is done. its time to move on. next is my japanese paper. wish me luck ! :3

oh and i feel stupid to only recently know that there is a reply comment button. yeaaaaaah.

anyway, i love you guys ! THANK YOU SO MANY MUCH *grammargrammarpshh* FOR STICKING WITH THIS. AND ALSO FOR THOSE BEAUTIFUL COMMENTS AND TO THOSE WHO SUSCRIBE. i heart you guys so much.

as usual. DO  comment  and  suscribe  ! if you do you'll get a puking rainbow unicorn ! ;)