Unexpected call

Fate Call

 

Ljoe is going through the paperwork of the latest case. There have been a lot of reports on burglary cases these two weeks and his men take no rest into investigating this matter.

 

It took them a two devastated weeks to dig into the case and trailed on their targeted suspects. All of their efforts paid off when they succeeded in capturing three men who responsible in the series of burglary around the town. What is left now is the paperwork that has been piled up in his office. He takes off his glasses and massages his forehead.

 

“Yes Chief. Having fun doing the paperwork?” asks his sergeant as he suddenly pops up in front of his office door.

 

“Quiet Changjo or I’ll make you on patrol tonight,” Ljoe arranges his paper to clear his messy desk. He found his phone under the pile of paper. So that’s where his phone is.

 

“Chill hyung,” Changjo grins. “Want me to get you some coffee?”

 

“Yes please,” Ljoe nods. He does need a break after reading and typing for a whole two hours straight. Changjo gives him a thumb up and disappears to the pantry.

 

The sound of his phone ring stops Ljoe from closing his eyes for a little nap. He glances at his phone screen and an unknown number is displayed. He lifts his eyebrow, wondering who would be calling at this late at night. He slides the screen and put the speaker to his ear only to pull them far away after.

 

“How long does it take for you to answer your phone?!” the caller shouts. He frowns. Did one of his friends change their number? But the voice doesn’t sound like one of his friends. He put the phone back to his ear when he feels it safe.

 

“Hello? Yah! You there?” the caller asks.

 

“Yeah,” he answers, quite baffle on the situation.

 

“Yes. Now listen. Today I went to the conference that I told you about last week. You know what? It was huge. Like super huge I got lost twice. Can you believe it? They didn’t even provide me a guider or something. Pshh. Then I have to sit in a table full of smartass people. Really, they act like they know all of the things there is to know and no one else know anything other than them. I wish I could kill them,” the caller rambles on, leaving a speechless Ljoe no space at all to say that the caller, in fact, had called the wrong number. Ljoe is forced to keep on listening to this guy’s rant.

 

“And the food was tasteless. It is a five star hotel for god’s sake. Five star! I went back home and cooked myself a ramyeon. Thousand time delicious. Then I had to give the speech, which I had no problem handling it,” Ljoe could hear a sense of pride in the caller’s voice he almost wants to chuckle. Changjo comes into his room and put his coffee at the table. He raises his hands to ask for Changjo to wait and writes something on a piece of paper on his table.

 

Trace who calls me right now. Find his name and location. NOW.

 

Changjo lifts his eyebrows but voice no question. He hurries to his place to detect the caller.

 

“The party after that? My high school party four years ago were so much better,” he hears the caller sigh. Is he going to stop rambling? He hopes that Changjo had got him the information.

 

“Then I called you millions of times and you didn’t answer. Seriously Cap? Don’t tell me you’re out dating with Niel again. I had to wait for an hour to get a cab while you and Niel were having fun getting all lovey dovey. You are the best really,” Ljoe almost laugh at the sarcastic remark. Just then Changjo grins and gives him an OK sign. He beams and mouth ‘Thanks’ to his subordinate.

 

“And only now you answer the phone, after I got back. If you answer just a few hours earlier I wouldn’t have to wait for a cab. What is the point of having a best friend who can drive but can’t even give his friend a lift?” Ljoe now leaning in his chair. He doesn’t think the caller would stop anytime soon. And true enough, the caller ranting on for another half an hour, giving Ljoe no space to say anything. Then he heard the caller yawn.

 

“I’m sleepy. The night had been hectic. Come pick me up at nine tomorrow morning. Don’t be late because I won’t take any of your excuse. And tell Niel to get back to his assignment and stop going on a date. Oh yeah tell him also that I will not, ever, help him with his assignment. He got three months to finish it and what did he do? Going on a date with you. I swear you’re corrupting the kid. Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye hyung. Oh, and by nine, I mean NINE,” the caller hangs up. Ljoe is now staring at his phone, amused. He calls Changjo into his room.

 

“Get what I ask?” Ljoe asks.

 

“Yep. Here,” Changjo hand him the paper. “What’s with the happy look? Did I miss anything? Who called by the way?”

 

“No one,” Ljoe looks at the paper, satisfied. “Thanks Changjo!”

 

Changjo is starting to doubt the smile on Ljoe’s face is something good. He shakes his head and goes back to his table.

 

 

The next morning, Ljoe has already standing in the caller’s driveway half an hour earlier, leaning on the tree in the caller’s small garden. He has his hands both in his jeans pocket, and a cap on his head. He pulls his phone from his black jacket and looks at the time. He put his phone back and soon enough the caller open his front door and locked it.

 

He walks while rummaging his bag for something. He takes his phone out. He looks around and realizes Ljoe’s presence, comfortably leaning on his tree.

 

“Who are you? How may I help you?” the caller asks, face completely bewildered.

 

“Did you get a good night sleep?” Ljoe looks at the caller’s face. Lee Chanhee, 25 years old. Same age as him. A very good looking man working as the Head Manager of his family’s business. Quite a famous person he is. He didn’t believe he used his position as a Chief of the Police Department to get this man’s information.

 

“Excuse me?” Chanhee frowns. He flips his dark brown hair irritably.

 

“I really want to taste your ramyeon that supposedly tastes better than that five star hotel,” Ljoe stands straight and walk forward to face Chanhee. To say that Chanhee is shock is an understatement of the year.

 

“How did you know that? Who are you? Are you a stalker?” Chanhee is furious to say the least though his voice is calm. Ljoe lifts both his hands.

 

“You told me that, yesterday,” Ljoe tells him. This only confuses Chanhee more. So Ljoe takes out his phone and show the call history to him. When Chanhee sees his number, he gasps.

 

“I called you yesterday? And not Minsoo?” Ljoe shakes his head. Realization is evident in Chanhee’s face.

 

“I- I’m so sorry. I meant to call my friend and I must have push the wrong number since yesterday I kind of push the button angrily and all. But why didn’t you tell me I called the wrong number?” Chanhee gives Ljoe back his phone.

 

“I tried.”

 

Chanhee feels himself blushing from embarrassment. But then he remembers something.

 

“How did you know my house then?”

 

Ljoe had a guilty look on his face. “Sorry but I searched you up. I’m a police officer, Lee Byunghun. Just call me Ljoe.”

 

Ljoe grins at Chanhee. Chanhee feels like he should be mad at this so called police officer but he had no heart to do so. He sighs.

 

“It’s okay. I’m sorry I called you yesterday and saying stuff you probably didn’t care,” Chanhee smiles apologetically.

 

“It’s no big deal,” Ljoe smiles. He points to his car. “Want a ride? Since your friend is probably somewhere with Niel and didn’t think he know that he should pick you up.”

 

The taller male seems to be contemplating, and then he shrugs.

 

“Oh what the hell. Sure.”

 

Ljoe leads him to the car.

 

“So where are we heading?”

 

“We? Don’t you have some police stuff to do?” Chanhee looks at Ljoe. He pulls the seat belt and secured it.

 

“Relax Chanhee. Today is my day off,” Ljoe starts the engine.

 

“How did you- never mind. Just call me Chunji,” Chanhee, or Chunji, shakes his head.

 

“Chunji it is,” Ljoe drives the car out of Chunji’s driveway.

 

“Are you going to be my driver for today?”

 

“If you want me to,” Ljoe replies while not taking his eyes of the road.

 

“Good. Because Cap hyung is useless. Just head to the nearest café first. I’m hungry.”

 

Ljoe chuckles. Somehow, he grows fond of Chunji. Who knows, from a simple wrong number, could lead to something more.

 

“Then café it is.”

 

 

a/n: aaaahhh what is that? i swear i wrote something funny. it turns out to be fluffy-ish. so, what say you? one shot or continue? cause i have some stuff plan but i don't know if i can continue this. if i get enough motivation, this will be a plus minus 10 chapters fic. well, i'll mark this as one shot first.

comments. suscribes. and also other new features aff had that i don't even know of. :')