Selfish

Losing that spark

 

Eunhyuk POV

I feel so happy and relieved. I know it’s wrong to use me leaving as an excuse, but it’s the only way for me to spend time with Hae. Our professor was a no show so free-cut! Yey!

From: Hyukkie           

To: Donghae

Message:

Hey! Goodluck on your exam! We have a free-cut! Hihi, see you tomorrow!

I hope he’s doing well. I have 7 days with him. I hope he doesn’t mind though. Henry might…..HENRY! I totally forgot about him. I need to talk to him. I started walking through the corridor. Where could he be? Maybe he’s not in the campus right now. Why don’t I have his number? Maybe I should get something to eat first.

I went out and started humming. I feel so happy right now. I was walking down the street when I saw him. Henry. I know because of his almost flaming hair color. I started to walk fast, and then started to run to him. This maybe the only chance me and Henry would actually talk.

“Hey.” I said while breathing heavily. I don’t understand why I had to run. He looked at me like he saw a ghost. I guess I startled him. “I need…….to talk……to you.”

“Gosh Eunhyuk, take it easy. Breathe first or you might pass out.” He took out a bottle of water and gave it to me. “Here.” I took the bottle form his hand and drank all of the water inside. “Come on, we’re near the park. I know where we can talk.” He started walking and I just followed beside him.

We arrived at the park. I guess this is his hiding place. His hiding place is surrounded by big bushes and there’s a bench to sit on.

“If you ever tell anyone about this, I’m going to kill you, got it?” I just nodded. We sat down. For a few minutes, we just remained silent. Well, here goes nothing.

“Henry, I’m sorry.” I looked at him. He wasn’t looking at me, but I know he’s listening. “I’m sorry for causing you and Donghae trouble. I didn’t mean to. I didn’t know you two are going out. Sorry for being a home wrecker. You’re my first friend here Henry, and I’m really sorry for causing you trouble.” I don’t regret crying, because I really feel disappointed at myself.

“I forgive you Eunhyuk. Stop crying. Your cute face would look puffy.” He looked at me, but I could still sense the awkwardness. “Please stop crying? Let the past be the past.” He moved a little closer and offered me his handkerchief. I smiled.

“I’m really sorry Henry-ah. Thank you.” I feel so…..light. It’s like a very heavy object was lifted off me. “You want to go for ice cream?”

“As long as it’s your treat Eunhyuk.” He stood up and winked at me. No wonder Donghae loves him so much

Henry POV

It’s better this way. I hate having bad terms with a person. I feel very uneasy if I don’t fix things. It’s the past right? It’s over, right? Accepting his apology was right……right?

“Uhm, Henry. Are you feeling okay?” Eunhyuk’s voice sent me back to reality. I just nodded for an answer. “You don’t look fine Henry. Is the ice cream a little too much? Would you want to go somewhere else?” He looked worried. For once, I get to look at this person who I got jealous of for having my fish for a little while. He has milky white skin, a very appealing gummy smile, a well-defined jaw line, and he’s very kind. No wonder Donghae loved him. And it’s weird how I use the past tense of LOVE. What if Donghae still loves him?

“Henrrryyyyyyy! Helloooooo?” Eunhyuk started to wave his hand in front of my face. I keep forgetting I’m with someone.

“Sorry, I was thinking about the..uhh..upcoming exams.” I lied. I’m bad at lying, but even if he notices, at least he’ll think I don’t want to talk about it.

“Oh….okay. Are you enjoying your ice cream?” He pointed at the cup with my almost melted chocolate ice cream. This is my second ice cream today. But still, I can’t feel any happy hormones.

I thought this would make things okay, but why do I still feel so…uneasy? I should be happy that we’re okay. Right?

“Well, I guess it’s about time I explained everything about me and your Donghae.” Hearing his name made me focus on Eunhyuk. He took his wallet out and pulled put a picture. He placed it on the table and pushed the picture towards me. It was him, and a guy looking like my Donghae. I’m pretty sure that the guy in the picture was not my nemo, but I needed to know for sure.

“You and Donghae had a picture together.” I smiled. He shook his head. So the picture is not Donghae, but who is he then? I stared at the picture.

“At least I got your attention Mr. Ignore me with your thoughts.” He chuckled. I smiled. He was right. I couldn’t concentrate on anything. I guess this got my attention. I was still staring at the picture. The guy next to Eunhyuk has dark hazel colored hair, the type of hair Donghae had before. He also has the same built as him. And the way he smiles is so….similar. Could it be that they had a past that I didn’t know about?

“If you’re wondering, and I know you are. Me and Donghae never had a past. We just met.” I couldn’t help but smile and heave a sigh of relief. Eunhyuk smiled, then started to laugh a little. Why is this so amusing for him?

“Well, if you must know, that guy in the picture is…I mean was my boyfriend.” He took the picture in his milky white hands and started to caress it. “His name is Aiden. He looks like Donghae right?” I nodded. The Aiden guy really looks like Donghae. Is that why he…

“And yes, that’s the reason why I liked Donghae. He and Aiden had so many things in common besides their appearance.” He was still smiling, but tears started to flow down his cheeks. “But sadly, Aiden had to leave.”

“Where did he go?” I didn’t want to ask questions but the question just slipped out of my mouth.

“He died, in a car accident.” I regretted my question.

“I’m sorry. It’s okay, let’s talk about something else okay?” I tried to divert the conversation, but I guess Eunhyuk wanted to explain.

“No, I need to say this because I feel bad for causing you and Donghae trouble. When I saw Donghae for the first time, I thought I saw a ghost. A very beautiful ghost. I wanted to know him better, and when I got the chance, I fell in love. When I got to know him better, he reminded me of Aiden each time I did. I thought that this was a gift. But once I knew he had you, I regretted it. You were my first friend here Henry. I moved here so I can forget about my past. Honestly, and please don’t take this the wrong way, I wanted to be selfish. I wanted to keep him for myself. But, I couldn’t because of you. I was so grateful to you Henry. And knowing that if I chose to be selfish, another person would feel what I felt. Donghae is lucky to have someone like you.”

He kept crying, but I could still feel the sincerity in his voice. When I finally understood everything he said, I realized that I too was crying. This boy in front of me, lost someone, but wanted to love again.

“Thank you Eunhyuk. For explaining, I really appreciate it. But please, stop explaining okay? Your cute face will look all puffy.” I smiled and offered him my handkerchief. He smiled and accepted my offer. I didn’t comment because I don’t know what to say. And I want to focus on something else.

Am I a bad person? He only wanted to regain the love he lost. Am I the selfish one? He only wanted to feel love again. Did I make the right choices?

 

 

 

 

 

Hello my dear readers! Sorry for my very overdue update! School has just been so hectic right now. Please bear with me! But the good news is, Christmas break is coming soon! And I plan to finish my story by then. ^^ But exams are coming up soon also, so please be patient! ^^ And please comment! I would really appreciate it! I'm sorry for the broing chapter! TT_TT I love you all! <3