The Past and Moving on

Losing that spark

Donghae POV

“Okay class, good luck on your exams next week! Oh, and Mr. Lee Donghae, next time, don’t be tardy okay?” I nodded. The Professor stood up and walked out the door.

Phew, that was close. I should really work on my time management. I should probably text Mochi.

To: Mochi

Fr: Fishy <3

Message:

Hey Mochi! Where are you? I’m sorry for the ditch a while ago. Can we meet up? TT_TT

What have I gotten myself into? I promised Hyukkie that I would spend 7 days with him before he leaves. I should ask him if I could tell Mochi, so he wouldn’t misunderstand. The vibration of my phone startled me.

To: Fishy <3

Fr: Mochi

Message:

I can’t Hae. I’m kinda in the middle of something. Let’s meet up tomorrow okay? ^^

What could he be doing that’s so important that he couldn’t meet up with me? Maybe he’s with Kibum….. No, he would’ve been honest with me. Right? Right! I don’t want to go home yet, so I decided to text Hyukkie.

To: Hyukkie

Fr: Donghae

Message:

Hey Hyukkie! Do you want to meet up? ^^

He quickly replied.

To: Donghae

Fr: Hyukkie

Message:

Mianhae Donghae-ssi. I can’t today. I’m catching up with a friend. Tomorrow, arasseo? ^^

Why is everybody so busy? Well, might as well enjoy some “ME” time. Where should I go? I know, I should go eat some chicken! I strolled down the street. I was near my destination when I saw a very familiar face beyond the glass window of a coffee shop.

It was that Kibum kid. He was with a very muscular man. The guy had a very defined nose, a very built body, and from the looks of it, he looks tall. Kibum looked…..sad. It’s as if he’s been crying from the looks of his eyes. I wanted to leave, but my feet stood there. Was I curious? I hid behind a tree because Kibum stood up and rushed out the door. That guy also stood up and tried to stop him. From the looks of it, they’re in a fight. Kibum started to walk to my direction with that guy following him.

“Kibum-ah, please wait!” The guy shouted while chasing after Kibum. I walked slowly so I wouldn’t get noticed. But I guess destiny is playing with me.

“Donghae-ah! Wait for me!” I could feel Kibum coming closer to me. Why must I be the one to be in the middle of things? I turned around. He was crying, hard. I felt sorry for him. I was shocked when he suddenly hugged me. How should I react to this.

“Please….*Sob* Take me anywhere. Please.” Kibum was clutching to my arms so hard.

“Kibum-ah, please let’s talk.” The guy kept insisting that even I felt irritated.

“Siwon, please. We’re through, so just leave me alone.” So I guess that’s the guy’s name. “Why come back now? You got bored of your girlfriend just like you got tired of me before huh?”

“Kibum-ah, it’s not like that. That was a big mistake, and I’m really sorry. I regret doing that, so please, listen to me.” That Siwon guy took Kibum’s wrist and tried to pull him.

“Yah. Let go of me!” Kibum was struggling to get loose. That’s it. I guess this is the time I should say something.

“Yah. Let go of him.” I pulled Kibum away from him and hid him behind my back.

“And who are you suppose to be huh? Come on Kibum, we need to talk.” Siwon stood in front of me and tried to get Kibum. I hate guys like him.

“I’m his friend, and I may not know what happened between you two, but he already said he doesn’t want to go with you. So please, leave quietly or I’ll have to kick your .” Siwon scratched his head and slowly moved back.

“Fine, I’ll leave. But please Kibum, think about what I said okay? Please? I’ll be waiting for you.” Siwon turned around and walked to his car.

“Are you okay Kibum-ah?” I turned around and looked at him. He nodded.

“Thank you Donghae. Sorry for causing you trouble.” He bowed. I guess he feels a bit embarrassed for what happened.

I found a bench nearby and asked if he wanted to seat. He shook his head.

“Can we go to your secret place?” I was surprised because only me and Mochi knew about that, but I guess Mochi already brought him there. I nodded.

 

We arrived there, and as always, there was no one there. That hiding place was very secluded. Mochi made the right choice with this spot.

FLASHBACK

Narrator POV

“Hae-ah. I’m jealous of the KyuMin couple.” A hamster like kid pouted at his lover while resting his chin on the older’s shoulder.

“Wae? Why would you be jealous of a rude gamer and a pink loving bunny?” Donghae said with sarcasm obvious in his tone.

“Because, they have their own secret place. A place where only the two of them know and can go to.” The younger was still resting his chin on his lover’s shoulder with jealousy present in his voice.

“Then let’s go find our own place.” Donghae stood up and took Henry by the hand.

Place #1 – The attic

“Hae-ah, it’s too hot in here, and too dirty.” Henry pretended to cough hard.

“But Mochi, a little cleaning would make this place nice. And, it’s a place where only the two of us know. And do….things. If you know what I mean.” Donghae winked at his lover and grinned like an old man.

“Stop being a ert Lee Donghae. Sheesh. If you want to stay here and inhale microbes, be my guest.” Henry slowly climbed down the attic ladder. Donghae chuckled and followed him down. Oh the things that entered Donghae’s mind.

Place #2 – School stock room

“Why bring me here Donghae?” A very irritated Mochi asked.

“You said you wanted a secluded place? Where, here it is.” Donghae proudly endorsed the stock room. The smell of unused equipment made Henry nauseous.

“Forget it. Let’s stop looking for a place.” Henry sighed and went out of the closet. But little did Henry know, Donghae already found a secret place. A place that he knows his boyfriend would love.

“Where are you?” Henry asked Donghae who was at the other line. He was at the park waiting for Donghae because his fishy boyfriend told him to meet him there. When Henry saw his boyfriend from a far, he ended the call.

“Sorry to keep you waiting Mochi.” A very happy Donghae said.

“What are we doing here?” Henry asked without full interest. He knew Donghae would only bring him to another dirty, ugly, and unhygienic secret place. Donghae stood up and took his hand.

“I’m going to show you this last place. Trust me this time.” Henry cocked an eyebrow but followed his boyfriend anyway. What’s he to lose?

After 15 minutes of walking, Donghae stopped, which made Henry stop. “We’re almost there, so I need to cover your eyes with this blindfold okay?” He took out a red blindfold and covered Henry’s eyes.

“You know I hate surprises Hae.” Henry groaned in frustration. As they slowly approached the place, Henry sniffed a very pleasant flower smell.

“Here we are.” Donghae took off Henry’s blindfold.

“Oh my gosh Hae, it’s….beautiful.” Henry was so amazed with what he saw. There was a bench in the middle for them to sit, and the place looks very peaceful and secluded. “Oh my gosh Hae, I love it! Thank you!” Henry ran into his boyfriend and kissed him.

“I knew you’d love it Mochi.”

End of flashback

We were sitting for about 30 minutes now. But still, silence filled the air. I guess he doesn’t want to talk about it. I mean, we’re not really close friends, so why would he open up to me?

The silence was deafening. So I initiated the conversation.

“Are you feeling better Kibum?” I asked him and looked at him. He just nodded. Sheesh, this guy is too quiet. “It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about-.“ He cut me off.

“His name is Choi Siwon. He’s my…..ex-boyfriend.” I was taken aback a little. I don’t really know him, but he’s opening up to me. “We went out in the past, but he cheated on me and left with a girl named Tiffany.” Kibum sighed.

“Kibum, it’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it. Really.” I tried to stop him because I noticed that tears were starting to form in his eyes.

Aniyo. It’s better if I let it all out right now. I haven’t talked about this to anyone. Maybe that’s why I still can’t forgive him for what he did.” I felt sorry for him. The person I almost hated for loving the person I cherished the most in the world had a very sad past. I felt guilty. “That’s why I hated you Donghae.” He looked at me with disappointment in his pair of small eyes. “I hated you for what you did to Henry. He loved you so much. But what did you do? You left him because someone new came. That’s why I wanted to steal him away from you. I hate guys like you. You don’t feel any contentment with what you have.”

As much as I wanted to defend myself, everything that Kibum said was true. I did feel that me and Mochi lost that spark, but I guess I was the only one thinking that.

“I’m sorry. I really am. That’s why I’m doing everything I can to make up for my mistakes. But that doesn’t mean I can’t forgive myself for what I did. I know I cheated, but I regret what I did and I am very thankful that Mochi is very open. He doesn’t shut down doors or burn down bridges. He knows I did him wrong, but he shakes it off and moves on.” I moved closer to him and placed my arm around his shoulder. “And I think you should move on too.” I smiled at him.

He sighed, but was smiling. A smile that could light up a whole town.

“Thank you. I guess it’s time for me to live and let live. I’m sorry for hating you.” I chuckled.

“I’m sorry for killing you in my head many times.” He laughed. I felt relieved. This kid is not bad at all. No wonder Henry likes this guy.

So, we basically talked the whole day. And I got to know this kid better. He’s not bad, not at all. But I can’t help but wonder. Am I depriving Henry from something better than me? Am I a bad person?

Kibum POV

“Thanks for keeping me company Donghae.” I smiled and waved at him. “Take care!”

“No, thank you. I was feeling a bit lonely today, so thanks for being my company.” He smiled and started to walk away. Donghae’s not that bad of a person. Henry’s lucky to have someone like him. He made a mistake and regretted it.

As I walked home, I suddenly remembered the incident in the café’ a while ago.

FLASHBACK

Narrator POV

“So, how have you been Kibum-ah?” Siwon asked in a very low voice. Kibum didn’t want to talk, but he wanted to get things straight in a very calm manner, or so he thought.

“Why are you here?” He asked in a very cold tone. He wanted to yell, he wanted to hit Siwon, but a part of him missed him.

“Kibum, I’m sorry for what I did before.” This made Kibum furious. He looked at Siwon and faked smiled.

“What did you do Mr. Choi?” He asked with irritation. He wanted to scream, but he didn’t want to make a scene.

“I’m sorry for cheating on you, and leaving you for Tiffany. I really regret it and I really am sorry.” Siwon told him in a very controlled voice.

“That’s it? Do you think sorry would fix this….this pain you left me? Why are you even here? Why aren’t you with that girlfriend of yours.” Kibum said with a disgust look plastered on his face.

“Apologizing is the only thing I can do Kibum. If I could only turn back time, I would-.” Kibum cut him off.

“But you can’t. So just leave, like everybody else. I don’t need you.” He couldn’t hold back the tears. He felt sorry for himself. He looked to helpless.

“Please Kibum. I’m really sorry. I regret leaving you the day left you. Tiffany told me she was pregnant and would kill herself if I left her. She was blackmailing me.” The statuesque man pleaded Kibum.

“Lies, all lies! And if that’s the case why didn’t you tell me huh? We could’ve found a way out of it, together.” Siwon was speechless. Kibum bitterly smirked. “I thought so.” He stood up and walked out.

End of flashback

Donghae’s words bother me. Should I forgive Siwon? Has he really changed? Was he being honest with me? I wanted to punch him, I wanted to humiliate him, I wanted to make him feel heartbroken.

But..

A part of me was missing him, so much.

Then move-on and forgive him . Who said that? Your inner Kibum who’s waiting for Siwon patiently. Am I going crazy? Yes, if you don’t get him back. It’s been so long for Glob’s sake. Move-on and get him back already! What about Henry? Then talk to him and tell him that he’s lucky to have Donghae and you still love our Wonnie. Ugh, whatever. I’ll decide on things tomorrow. Right now, I just want to rest. I feel so tired.

With everything that has happened today, I can’t help but smile for some unknown reason. Hope I make the right decisions this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello readers! Like I said, I'll update soon! Sorry for the late update. Exams were so heavy! I'm working on the next Chapter right now ^^ Sorryy for the inconvinience. Hihi, and please do leave your comments! ^^ Thanks for bearing with me! Saranghae <3