Bestfriends

Losing that spark

Henry POV

 For some reason, I’m too lazy to be totally angry at Hae. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m pissed because he forgot about our meeting before class, but I feel very distracted right now. I can’t concentrate on anything. This is so frustrating. Sitting in this bench is not helping me, not at all. I stood up and let out a sigh. I feel tired.

Maybe I should eat ice cream. I need comfort food and happy hormones. I went to the nearest ice cream parlor.

“One banana split please.” I smiled at the girl at the other side of the counter. She nods and told me that she’ll just serve it to my table.

I searched for a table near the window; it’s a good thing that there aren’t much people here. I found a table beside the window itself. Yey! I sat down and waited for my ice cream. I scanned the ice cream parlor. And then I saw him. He looks terrible. He hasn’t been sleeping properly. My feet stood up and started walking on its own. I was afraid, but I had to.

“Kibum.” He looked at me while eating his ice cream cone. His eyes widened, like he saw a ghost.

“Hey.” He forced I smile. I could tell. It’s not his real smile. “Want to sit down with me?” He asked coldly. I nodded and sat in front of him.

Silence

Silence

Silence

How do I do this? Why do I feel so nervous? Well, here goes nothing.

“Uhhh…So….How’s school?” Please say something back.

“It’s okay. Henry, why are you doing this to me? Why aren’t you with your shark?” His voice sounds a little hurt. Jealousy was obvious in his tone. He looked crushed.

“Kibum, please let me explain.” I looked at him and waited a nod for confirmation. He looked indifferent, but still cocked and eyebrow. “I haven’t chosen anyone yet. I’m sorry if I got angry at you at the hospital. I was just so paranoid because Hae’s close to me…” He looked away.

“I knew it.” His voice became colder than before.

“Let me finish. He’s close to me….but so are you.” I can feel myself blush. But, Kibum’s expression still remains the same. He heaved a sigh and looked me straight in the eyes. I tried to look away, but his eyes looked so…..wanting. After a few minutes of staring, a grin formed in his soft lips.

His lips look so….inviting. Gah, why am I thinking about this now?

“Thanks Henry, for being honest. I believe you. Sorry for being melodramatic. I was just a bit hurt, but thanks for being honest.” His smile grew bigger, showing his pearly white teeth. “But….I know that you love him Henry.”

I looked at him with confusion. My heart raced.

“So, I need to ask you something, but please answer honestly.” He smiled. “Do you still want me to continue….to court you I mean, because from the looks of it, you seem to have made up your mind.” He forced a smile, and even though he was hiding it, I could still sense sadness and disappointment in his tone. ‘Please be honest Henry. Whatever you say, I’ll still be here. I promise.”

I stared into his eyes. It’s as if I was mentally punched. I was speechless. My feelings were unsure. I couldn’t answer his question. But, if I don’t answer, he might misunderstand it again.

“Kibum, I…I’m afraid. I don’t want to lose you. I don’t want to lose anybody. If I make a decision, I’m sure I’ll lose someone.”

“Henry, I.” He was cut-off because the waitress came with the ice cream. Took her long enough. “So I was saying. Just be honest with me Henry. Whatever you choose, I’ll be here, I promise. If you don’t choose me, I’ll be disappointed of course, but knowing that you’re happy because of Donghae, I’ll also be happy for you. So please, be honest.” He smiled. His smile looks so sincere. I can’t help but feel guilty. He’s so nice, considerate, a perfect gentleman. But, he’s too good for me. I didn’t notice the tears flowing down my face. I hope I don’t regret anything.

I don’t want to lose you Kim Kibum.

“Henry, stop crying. Please, if you don’t want to answer, then it’s okay. I hate seeing you like this. I’m sorry.” He stood up and took the seat next to me.

“No, I’m sorry Kibum. I…I…please don’t leave okay? Whatever happens....*sob*.” He placed his index finger in between my lips.

“Shhh, I understand. I won’t leave, I promise. Thank you, for being honest. I can’t force you to love me Henry. How about we tell Donghae your choice? But first finish your melted ice cream.” He smiled, but this time I could feel his sincerity. He took a napkin and wiped the tears in my flushed cheeks. I just nodded and took the spoon.

I’m sorry for hurting you Kibum. I know deep down, you’re hurt….badly. I’m sorry.

Kibum POV

I’m giving Henry back to Donghae. I won’t want to force him to do anything, because I know how much he loves Donghae. I feel so broken right now, but Henry looks very happy. I know what I did would only hurt me, but I want his happiness. I’ll be there, to protect him. If that fish hurts him, I’ll kill the living daylights out of him.

But….there’s still a part of me who wants to be selfish. Maybe I should just kidnap Henry and move far far away from here. I shook my head.

“Kibum, anything wrong?” Henry’s voice brought me back to reality.

“Uhh. Yeah, so where do you want to go?” I browsed my surroundings. We were still at the ice cream parlor.

“Well, Donghae didn’t show up. So, I’m kinda free today. Do you have a class?” . I do have a class, and I’m going to be late. “From the looks of it, you do, and you’re going to be late. Go, I’ll finish my ice cream. Text me okay?” He started eating his ice cream again.

“I’m sorry Henry. I’ll text you later. Bye!” I stood up and rushed out the door. I was about to go out of the door when I forgot something.

“You forgot something?” Henry looked at me with a very confused look. So fudging cute. I leaned in and kissed his cheek.

“I forgot to say goodbye to my bestfriend.” He blushed. I turned around and started walking. The word bestfriend stings, but it’s enough. As long as I have a reason to be near him, then it’s enough for me. Even if it hurts.

Class was so boring. Don’t get me wrong, I love to study, but this drafting class is so boring, and so long. I wonder how Henry’s doing. I peeked through the window. I could see my thin reflection, smiling like an idiot. I fell for a guy who I know can’t love me back. So, I have to be the bestfriend. Oh well, it’s better than being left out. Henry did tell me that he’s afraid to lose me. I fee broken, but at the same time happy. I’m complicated. Oh well.

“Okay, don’t forget to study for next week’s exam okay? Goodluck.” Finally. I gathered my things and rushed out of the room.

I was about to text Henry when a very familiar voice called my name.

“Kibum.” I turned around and saw him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So like i said, I'll update today! ^^ I guess you're wondering why this is a short chapter, and you're probably wondering who is that him in the last sentence. Well, I'm still thinking about that. Hihi, thank you for being patient with me! ^^ Please comment, so I can improve. Thank you again! ^^ Saranghae <3