"Together for Real?"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

Part 27 : Together for Real?

 

 

Jaejoong held up his hand as he perceives the ring around his finger; mused and disbelieved at the same time. He’d already missed the count on how many times he did that. He loved seeing the neatly arranged little diamonds sparkling and glimmering when it caught the wisp of light – never thought that it could be that beautiful.

 

Seriously, he couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot whenever his eyes fall on his hand.

 

“This is real…” He mumbled, convincing himself that it’s not just one of those fleeting dreams.

 

3 years ago, he hadn’t known that the fate will unite them back together once again. Truthfully, he stopped thinking about Yunho or even dreaming about the possibility of them to be together. The bitter reality forced him to stand on his feet and build a new life - a life where Yunho wasn’t in it, a life where he’s far better off without him. In short, he’s already given up on them.

 

And who thought that they’re getting married in 2 months? Their wedding is scheduled to be held 3 days after their graduation and he was going to marry the man he loves. God, he’s still had a hard time to accept that Yunho was serious about marrying him.

 

“It’s really happening, huh?” Junsu sat down on the bed exactly next to Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong replied him with another dreamy smile.

 

“Do you guys are together like real now? No more break up?” Changmin jumped into the conversation with a big bowl of ice-cream in his hand.

 

Jaejoong puckered up his lies and made a face. He didn’t even want to allow such a thought to corrupt his brain.

 

“Hope not…we’re getting married in like what...2 months? A month and a half?” He dug the spoon into the bowl and shoved the ice cream into his mouth.

 

“That’s gonna be 2 chaotic months…with the exams, the graduation and the preparation for the wedding…I mean, no one in their right mind would going to plan their wedding within two months…” Junsu paused to his spoon clean.

 

“It’s insane!” Junsu stressed it out and scooped for another.

 

Jaejoong shook his spoon in front of Junsu, disagreed about something.

 

“My parents will handle the wedding’s preparation…I was forbidden to meddle even a bit, unless they ask for my opinion…”

 

“So, you just agree with it? It’s still your wedding…” Changmin questioned it but Jaejoong just brushed it off with a shrug.

 

“I don’t have a choice…we have exams to focus on…”

 

Both Junsu and Changmin didn’t say anything except for nodding their heads. Putting down the spoon, Junsu then tapped on Jaejoong’s laps; drawing the latter’s attention to him.

 

“I can’t believe that you’re going to get married before me…”

 

Junsu didn’t mean anything else when he said it but that statement shook the smile off Jaejoong’s face in an instant. Guilt and sympathy mixed together as he stared at Junsu. And ‘I’m sorry’ is the only thing that he could let out off his throat.

 

“It’s fine…I’m not saying it so that we can focus on my problem…in fact, I wish to forget about it. Let’s talk about Changminnie and his date plan with Kibum seongsanim…”

 

Changmin choked on his ice-cream the moment Junsu mentioned Kibum’s name. Coughing, he hit his chest several times.

 

“Kibum seongsanim?” Jaejoong was so eager to know the details. Junsu nodded.

 

“How did you know about it?!” The heat warmed up Changmin’s cheeks; his eyes demanded an explanation from Junsu.

 

“I was there when you asked him for a date…You’re almost got rejected…” Junsu answered with a smirk. The bowl of ice cream changed its place when Junsu lifted it up and placed it on his laps.

 

“I thought he’s older than us?”

 

Changmin’s mouth moved but Junsu was faster than him, answered it on his behalf.

 

“He is…5 years…”

 

“It must be hard on him…then, what did he say? Did he just agree to it?” Ignoring Changmin’s pointed glare, Jaejoong continued with his interrogation.

 

“He was reluctant at first. He thought that I was just playing around…he even explained about our age difference, this and that...I told him that I’m serious then I asked him to give me a chance…”

 

Jaejoong and Junsu exchanged glances. Their grin grew wider.

 

“Shim Changmin fell in love…it should be on the front page of the newspaper…” Jaejoong teased.

 

“Just eat the ice cream will you!” Changmin scowled.

 

He scooped a big portion from the bowl and shoved it to Jaejoong; hoping that it could shut his mouth. He earned himself a squeal from Jaejoong when the ice cream didn’t exactly went straight into Jaejoong’s mouth but instead smeared, smudging all around his mouth.

 

Junsu who’s being a bystander could only burst into laugh.

 

Meanwhile, Yunho who’s just arrived at Kim Mansion happened to hear the noises came from Jaejoong’s room. Feeling curious, he then stuck his head in and found Jaejoong in a mess.

 

“Did I missed something interesting?” he walked in and took a quick strode to the bed. His gaze went from the empty bowl of ice cream on Junsu’s laps to Jaejoong’s face. He arched his brow; didn’t know where to begin.

 

“You finished it all? No more left?” Yunho’s teasing caused Jaejoong to pout. Junsu covered up his mouth with his hand and the laughter bubbled up inside him.

 

“There’s some on my face if you want…” Jaejoong replied with sarcasm, his hand snatched the napkin, ready to clean his face when Yunho pulled him closer and sealed their lips together.

 

“Emm…sweet~” Yunho exclaimed, tasting the flavor of ice cream through the kiss.

 

“Eww~ Gross!!!” Changmin threw the napkin to them but they dodged it in time.

 

“Oh come on Changmin-ah…don’t be so jealous…you can do it with Kibum seongsanim later on…” Junsu elbowed him at his rib, flashing him his meaningful grin.

 

Changmin rolled his eyes in annoyance and stifled a sigh of frustration. He knew that they’re not going to just let it slide. The three of them did realize that Changmin’s irritated by it but that doesn’t stop them from continue teasing him. That kind of chance rarely comes in their way and there’s no way they’re going to stop.

 

“Laugh…just laugh as much as you want….”

 

And laugh is what they did.

 

*****

 

On his way back from Jaejoong’s house, Junsu sat silently on the back seat of the car, spending his time doing nothing but staring at his phone screen.

 

He wished he could just stop thinking about Yoochun just like what he told Jaejoong but forgetting about someone he loves is not that easy as uttering it. Even if he could it’s just for temporary and when he’s alone, he’s back on thinking about him again. To whom he wanted to fool?

 

Not knowing exactly what’s really going on, bothered him to the max level.

 

Are they sill in a relationship or is that the way Yoochun wished to end everything? He wished that Yoochun at least give him a definite answer.

 

“Ahjusshi…”

 

“Yes, Young Master…”

 

“Can you do me a favor…? Bring me to Yoochun’s place, please…”

 

“As you wish Young Master…”

 

It’s been some times since the last time he went to Yoochun’s apartment. Now that Aaron’s not staying there anymore, he doesn’t have a better excuse to go there.

 

The truth is, he’s abstaining himself from spending his time alone in that apartment knowing that he’ll gain no benefit from it. He’s so scared that he would just burst into tears when crying is something that he wanted to avoid. Because crying would only weaken him mentally.

 

Yoochun’s apartment is like his large sized treasure box. All the good memories he created with Yoochun is kept inside that place.

 

“Young master, we are here…” The driver informed him right after the car stopped. He then rushed out to open the door for him.

 

“You don’t have to wait for me…I’ll call you when I feel like going home…” Junsu said as he threw his bag on his shoulder.

 

Lifting up his chin, he studied the familiar building before him. He remained in that position for almost 2 minutes, debating whether or not he should proceed with the said idea.

 

“Young master…” The driver called him; noticing how he’s still considering it.

 

“I’d be fine, ahjusshi…” He asserted.

 

“You can go now…but don’t go too far…” Junsu held his breath and slowly he stepped into the building.

 

*****

 

He thought he could do it. He thought he could handle it. He’s not even crying even when his heart longing desperately for Yoochun. He thought he’s strong enough to deal with it. That’s what he really thought.

 

But a different story happened by the time he’s made it up to the living room. He finally realized that it was a mistake to stop by at that apartment. It’s a huge mistake for not calculating how much he really misses Yoochun; it’s too much that he could barely suppress it.

 

Yes, it’s too much.

 

The tears are at its brink and the first step he took caused him to fall down on his bended knees. The tears streamed down like a river; the impact of the resurfacing memories.

 

The awkward moment when they first held hands.

The first day when he realized the actual meaning of his feeling to Yoochun.

Those tormented days where he had to live without Yoochun, continuously missing him.

The jitters and the excitement he felt when he’s on his way to meet him.

 

Everything.

 

For the first time in his life after he met Yoochun; he finally found the reason he want to live. But right now, the emptiness is the only thing he could feel and see, just like how empty and lonely that apartment looks like.

 

“Where are you? How are you doing? Don’t you miss me just like how I miss you> can you live without me next to you?” – those are the questions that kept on revolving in his mind again and again.

 

It’s hard. He wanted to run from that pain but it’s difficult to even stand.

 

“Yoochun-ah…” He hugged his trembling body. The tears trailed down and landed on his laps.

 

“I miss you…” Junsu managed to let it out within his sobs.

 

“I miss you too…” Yoochun’s voice sounded – so real and so close to him.

 

The last drop of tears rolled down as Junsu sat mutely on the same spot. He couldn’t bring himself to turn around, afraid that it was just another figment of his memories. But the next thing he felt washed away all the uncertainties sprouting inside his heart. Yoochun knelt down and wrapped his arms around Junsu from the back.

 

“Yoochun?”

 

“You don’t know how much I really miss you…” Yoochun whispered, pulling him into a deep embrace.

 

Junsu brushed off the tears from his face. Prying Yoochun’s hands away, his head snapped around and right at that moment their eyes met.

 

“It’s really you…” Junsu muttered; feeling the warmth from Yoochun’s skin transferred to his.

 

Yoochun skimmed his finger through Junsu’s hair; his eyes never really left the shorter one.

 

“Where have you been to? I’m so worried about you….You weren’t answering my calls, not returning my calls…and after that I couldn’t even reach you…” Junsu let it all out in one breath.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“I’m really sorry, Junsu-ah…” Yoochun repeated. His hands dropped down to wrap Junsu’s cold hands within his. He could see that Junsu wasn’t satisfied with just an apology. Although he’s not saying it, his eyes demanded an explanation from him.

 

“I’ve been working on something important…”

 

“Your new job?” Junsu took a guess as he interjected. It wasn’t really a guess actually; he reflected. That’s what it’s supposed to be. What else that required Yoochun most of his time other than his new job?

 

Yoochun inhaled deeply and then shook his head.

 

“It’s actually relating to us…”

 

“Us?”

 

Yoochun nodded again.

 

“After I left, I realized that separating me from you would result to nothing. It’s not really a reliable solution. So I’ve decided to confront your father for the second times…”

 

Junsu’s chin hung low. The blood drained from his face; scared to hear the rest of it.

 

“Y-you what?” he swallowed.

 

But seeing how the smile replaced Yoochun’s serious expression soon after, the fear flew away from Junsu’s eyes, leaving only confusion.

 

*****

 

“Seriously, Junsu-ah?” Jaejoong held back from screaming.

 

“Based on what Yoochun told me, my father was concerned that Yoochun would only bring a bad influence to me…and among other thing like how I’m still young and there’s a possibility that I mistakenly thought my feeling for Yoochun is love when it’s not…”

 

“He’s scared that our love won’t last and I end up hurting myself instead…”

 

“Well, that’s the thing. I could never understand the way an adult think. I mean no one in this world wish for their relationship to end. Everyone surely hopes that their love will last and since we can’t see or even predict our future, hope  is the best thing we can do…” Changmin argued and Jaejoong supported it with a firm nod.

 

“The point being is…if we’re still together even after I reach 21 years old, then he’ll approve our relationship…” Junsu stated proudly. To Junsu, it’s already a huge accomplishment to hear something like that coming from his father’s lips.

 

“We’re really happy for you, Junsu-ah…” Changmin gave him a friendly pat while Jaejoong stood up to give him a hug.

 

“We’re finally together…I’m looking forward for us to hang out together in the future…” Jaejoong exclaimed.

 

“So, that’s mean he’ll come back teaching at our school?”

 

“No, he’s not. We’re surrounded with enough problems and to avoid another unwanted rumor, it’s better for him not to teach at this school. Besides, I never really like the idea of him teaching here at the first place anyway…”

 

“…he can teach at any school he want other than CassiElf High…but as long as he’s in Seoul…”

 

*****

 

The lunch hour will end in 5 minutes and when they walked into their classroom, they found the tables littered with empty plates and glasses. Their classmates were gathered in small group, laughing and talking together while the kitchen workers cleaned up the table.

 

Everyone’s there aside from Yunho.

 

Jaejoong didn’t see any sign of him anywhere in that class. He could feel his heartbeat accelerating when he couldn’t find him. his brain  started to create all those worst imaginable incident which have one thing in common – Yunho left him.

 

It was getting to be a bad habit, not being able to live without him and too scared to lose him. Not to mention that it’s driving him crazy. Jaejoong stopped by at Donghae’s table to ask him.

 

“Have you seen Yunho?”

 

“He’s probably lazing around somewhere…he told me that he wanted to skip class…”

 

“Lazing around somewhere?”

 

Jaejoong blinked his eyes; wasn’t even surprised when Donghae told him that Yunho’s going to skip class. He could only think of one place where Yunho prefer to be at when he’s not in class – an indoor basketball court next to swimming pool. Thanking Donghae first, he them dashed out of the class to find him.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong was right when he saw Yunho lying in the middle of the court with both of his hands behind his neck.

 

“Jung Yunho!”

 

Yunho’s eyes flew open and saw Jaejoong’s face staring down at him.

 

“What are you doing here?” He folded both of his arms to his chest and asked like he’s completely clueless about it.

 

“Skipping class…” Yunho answered with a slumber face.

 

“This is not something that you should do. Not when the exam’s around the corner…”

 

“Don’t worry about me…the exams are nothing to me, they’re just like a piece of cake….because you know what? Because I’m genius…but you…you’re not…so I suggest, you’re better head back to class…” Yunho motioned with his index finger, chasing Jaejoong away.

 

Jaejoong’s eyes popped wide, fumed.

 

“No…I’m not going anywhere…” Jaejoong flopped down on the floor, refused to go away.

 

“Up to you…it’s you who’s going to fail…not me…” He closed his eyes back; ignoring Jaejoong’s presence.

 

Obviously pissed off by such a treatment; Jaejoong didn’t hesitate and kicked Yunho right at his thigh.

 

“Yah~!!!” Yunho rubbed his thigh and glared at Jaejoong.

 

“I’m going stay here and I’m not going to fail…you know why? Because you’re going to teach me whether you like it or not!” Jaejoong countered while cocking his chin.

 

Yunho stared at him in disbelief. He snickered after a moment passed.

 

“Do you really love me that much?”

 

“w-what?!!!”

 

“Not even willing to part from me even just for a moment?”

 

“Hell not!!!!!” Jaejoong’s face reddened.

 

The laugh erupted and echoed throughout the hall. Jaejoong’s furious but he couldn’t really deny what Yunho just said. Wiping the tears from the corner of his eyes; Yunho blew out a breath and in another.

 

Giving Jaejoong a brief glance, he stretched his one arm opened.

 

“Come here…” He pulled Jaejoong’s arm and gestured him to lie down on his arm. Jaejoong was a bit reluctant to do that; afraid that it’s just another prank. But still he did when Yunho insisted it.

 

“I can’t live without you too…” Yunho whispered with loving eyes.

 

“Which is why I want us to be honest to each other from now onward…if there’s anything that you keep away from me and you’re doing it for a reason, then you don’t have to tell me…”

 

“Yunho-ah…I-”

 

“Like I said, if you don’t want to tell me then don’t…because I have something that I don’t want to let you know too but just so you know that I’m doing it to protect you…in my case, not knowing is better and safer…” Yunho’s fingers trailed up and down Jaejoong’s spine.

 

Jaejoong didn’t know how to respond to that. To him, it sounded romantic and creepy at the same time.

 

“But there’s one thing that you should know…my father would never approve our relationship and he’d do anything to break us apart…”

 

*****

 

*Jung Mansion:

 

An interesting headline caught Jung Jin Hee’s attention as he’s browsing the news related to his homeland on the internet.

 

|| The three most influential noble families joined hands in holding a charitable event ||

 

He double clicked the title to read the rest of the news, never really expecting another interesting news attached along side.

 

||Jung Yunho & Kim Jaejoong : They’re more than just childhood friends||

 

There’s a picture of the two of them kissing at the amusement park at the bottom of it.

 

“So they’re really together, huh?” He snorted.

 

“Andrew!” Swiveling in his chair, he called for his assistant.

 

“Yes sir…”

 

“I think it’s time for me to go back to my hometown…”

 

*******

 

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks ^^