Quinto Episodio

Till the End

 

A knock was heard on the door.

“Young master, he’s here,” Hoya’s voice reached the ears of the teen that was deep in thought.

“Let them in,” The teen instructed.

The door opened to reveal Woohyun, his guest and Sunggyu, his bodyguard. Myungsoo signaled for Hoya to stand guard outside the room so that nobody would disturb them.

“Welcome, Woohyun. I’ve been expecting you,” Myungsoo got to his feet and shook the hands of his guest.

“I’m sure you have plenty of questions to ask but first, please take a seat,” Myungsoo immediately directed Woohyun to a chair.

When the two were settled, Myungsoo finally opened his mouth, “I wanted to thank you for yesterday. I heard that without you, Sunggyu and Hoya wouldn’t have been able to apprehend Seunghyun.

Woohyun immediately shook his head, “I just did what I could.”

“So, I wanted to offer you a deal,” Myungsoo went on to discuss the main issue. “Would you be my bodyguard?”

Woohyun’s eyes widened in surprise and Sunggyu was shocked beyond words.

“Young Master Myungsoo, this guy is definitely not up to standards. He…” Sunggyu blurted.

“Sunggyu,” Myungsoo’s tone was harsh and cold, shutting his bodyguard up immediately.

“I apologize,” Sunggyu retreated at his master’s stare.

“Of course I plan to have you accept training here in our compounds. And Sunggyu will be the one-in-charge of training you,” Myungsoo further explained.

Sunggyu’s mouth opened as if he had something else to comment, but immediately shut it when he remembered the response he received from his sudden outburst before.

Woohyun stayed silent, with a stoic expression.

“I’m even offering my best bodyguard here. I’m expecting great things from you,” Myungsoo elaborated.

“I...” Woohyun finally started. “Well, before I agree to anything, I wish to confirm something.”

Myungsoo looked straight into Woohyun’s focused orbs.

“How is the person in the photo related to you?” Woohyun took out a photo from his pocket and handed it to Myungsoo.

Sunggyu’s eyes dilated in shock at the sight of the photo. The photo was taken from the mansion. Sunggyu had just left Woohyun for a while to check on the kitchen and he didn’t notice the younger taking a photo away from the cupboard.

Myungsoo’s expression changed slightly.

“I wasn’t expecting you to find out so quickly. But, well, I guess I have to be honest now,” Myungsoo took one look at the photo and threw it on the table.

“I recognize that man,” Woohyun started. “I saw him, just once, at my parents’ funeral.”

“It’s exactly as you thought. The Nams had worked for us before. They were outstanding bodyguards and served my father when the clan was still under his reign,” Myungsoo explained.

Sunggyu stared at the two who were now watching each other closely.

“Was that why you offered me this deal?” Woohyun asked.

Myungsoo smirked. “I’m not some charity organization you know.”
“I just want talented people on my side. I don’t really care about your past. What your parents were was in my father’s generation. I don’t want to have anything to do with it.”

Woohyun stared at Myungsoo’s acclamation, waiting for any change in expression, but there wasn’t any.

“I’m sorry; would you allow me some time to think?” Woohyun finally replied.

“Well then, Sunggyu, would you please lead our guest out?” Myungsoo ordered.

The bodyguard sprang to his feet and guide Woohyun to the door.

“I don’t have much patience,” Myungsoo warned before Woohyun step out of the door.

When the bodyguard and Woohyun was out of sight, Myungsoo leaned back into his chair and sighed.

Hoya entered the room and looked at the young teenager with a confused look. He had obviously overheard everything.

“You know, Myungsoo. There are just times when I am unable to understand you,” Hoya said.

Myungsoo smiled a little at that. “I just owe him too much. I don’t think I’ll be able to return him in this lifetime.”

Hoya gave another puzzled expression but Myungsoo offered no explanation.

~

“Woohyun, wait up!” Woohyun heard Sunggyu calling after him but he chose to ignore the call.

Sunggyu finally caught up to the younger man.

“Won’t you accept Myungsoo’s offer? It’s definitely not that bad of an offer,” Sunggyu tried to persuade Woohyun.

“I.. don’t know what to do…” Woohyun’s voice trailed off, his voice carrying uncertainty.

Sunggyu forcefully stopped Woohyun in his tracks, his hands holding the younger’s shoulders in place and positioned the younger facing him.

“Tell me,” Sunggyu insisted.

Woohyun hesitated a little but as he raised his eyes to look into the older’s concerned and worried ones, the words just started flowing.

“I didn’t want to accept it. It felt like I was exchanging my parents for money. My parents died with honor and pride. Not because of money.”

“That’s why I declined the uncle’s offer when he said he was going to repay me. The best way he can repay me was to live on, because my parents’ lives were used to defend his. I didn’t need money or a house or a comfortable life. I didn’t need anybody’s pity. I wanted to live life strong and proud, like my parents,” Woohyun continued.

Sunggyu listened to the younger speak and without warning, he pulled the younger into a warm embrace.

“Myungsoo doesn’t think like that, I can assure you. Myungsoo really just want you to be on his side. Won’t you promise me to not think of Myungsoo’s offer like that?” Sunggyu the younger’s black soft curls.

‘This boy wasn’t a kid.’ Sunggyu thought to himself. ‘Whoever could think as seriously as that wasn’t a kid.’

Sunggyu released his embrace on Woohyun and looked into the younger’s eyes, which were now unreadable.

He cupped Woohyun’s face and finally closed the gap between their lips. It was a soft and gentle kiss.

“I want to see you like that everyday too,” Sunggyu whispered when their kiss broke.

“Promise me you’ll think about it,” Sunggyu uttered before placing his lips onto the younger’s one again.

The two just stood in the empty streets embracing one another.

 

 

 

Ermmm. hahas. I don't even know what to say. Well, thanks for the support firstly, and well, I don't know if anyone is feeling weird about the plot? LOL. trust me, i have no idea what i am writing. I am super super sorry >< Hiaxx. My expression with english isn't all that good here. How i wish somebody would just make Woohyun and Sunggyu the main characters of some drama. Then, the whole thing would make so much more sense than just writing it. Yes I blame my terrible writing skills. Thanks so much for all the support though! And erm, I don't know how disgusting the plot will twist but please keep supporting it!! You have no idea how much i love you guys!!! :D