Fashionably Late

Family Network

 

Key had had it. He was so angry at Jonghyun. He should have just offered to take Minho to the dance studio and let him listen to music or get food or something. You absolutely cannot forget Minho ever and it pissed Key off to no end that his stupid hyung could do such a thoughtless thing as to sleep and forget about him. Onew hyung *blush blush* could have gotten his own brother or something!  While Onew went to clean up Jonghyun’s room that already was a mess after not even a day of living in it, Key decided to rant at Taemin. I just do not get it, Jonghyun hyung is living without parents,  going to school by himself, but he can’t do anything! I swear, if he is careless with Minho, I’m never talking to him ever ing again! Key umma-hyung, why are you being so hard on Jonghyun hyung? He’s trying his best. And I wouldn’t be so high and mighty about relationships considering you have made your share of stupid mistakes and have had your heart broken a bunch. That shut Key up, which was rare. Onew then walked in on his tiptoes to make sure not to disturb Key in his emotional state. Onew mouthed to Taemin that he had to go get stuff from the drug store and slipped out of the apartment. 

 

A few minutes later, worried and anxious looking Jonghyun and a sweaty and tired looking Minho bursted through the apartment door. Key gasped. Kim Jonghyun! What the hell is wrong with you!? And what happened Minho-ya! Why are you sweaty? I hope to god you weren’t outside playing football or doing something stupid like climbing trees or egging someone’s house. Key hyung, I’m tired can we talk about this after I shower and change? Jjong hyung, where is the shower and where is my brother’s room? I need clothes. *sigh* Fine Minho-ya, go shower and cheer up for the party, you look down and I want this night to be perfect. Oh and hyung *turning slowly to Jonghyun with a ominous look* may I see you out on the balcony? Jonghyun and Taemin both winced, knowing exactly what was coming while Minho tried to look at Key with pleading eyes. Nothing works on Key though, when he’s in umma mode. Jonghyun cleared his throat, silently pointing to where Onew’s room and bathroom were, with eyes that looked like he was about to be executed. Taemin escaped by pretending to take a call in the kitchen, and just as Jonghyun expected, Key dragged him outside. 

 

Key-ah, please listen to me, call me the biggest idiot ever, call me the worst hyung ever, but I promise it was an honest mistake. Hyung! How many more “honest mistakes” do you think Minho can take? I need you to tell me where he was and what he was doing when you picked him up. Was he doing something dangerous? Was he crying? Did he try to run? Key was not spewing large amounts of sass anymore, he was concerned, like a hyung/umma should be. He needed to help Minho. I looked everywhere for him, in his house, our house, the shed, everywhere. I finally figured out that he ran. I found him at the field and he was kicking footballs and as soon as he saw me, he tried to run away. Key, Minho talks to you so much, what the hell does he tell you that he doesn’t tell me? He cries in front of me and then falls asleep, but never tells me anything deeper. Hyung, Minho trusts you, more than anything because....at this moment, Key desperately wanted to tell Jonghyun that Minho loved him back, but he made a promise to Taemin not to intervene, but to help. *deep breath* Hyung, Minho is usually quiet, and reserved, and competitive, you know that. Key moved to sit down on the small bench on the balcony and looked up at his hyung with sad eyes. He doesn’t usually let people help him with his problems, so he tries to keep them hidden. However lately, Minho is under a lot of pressure at school. His football mates are often scared by his competitive nature, and he also is trying to protect Taemin at school from bullies, and....you know....Siwon? Hell no, is that guy still bothering you? You guys broke up forever ago, Key-ah, you need me to come down and kill him for you? Hyung...no please just listen....Minho feels it’s his responsibility to protect Taemin and I, and feels responsible when we are hurt. This along with feeling forgotten or under appreciated, is causing him extreme anger and sadness. He doesn’t want to tell you because he doesn’t want to bother you or Onew-hyung because you have a whole other set of pressures with college. Key, I had no idea it was this bad. I’m.... Hyung! You need to prove yourself as a stable person that Minho can go to, someone he won’t run away from. Tomorrow, take him to the stage and have a talk with him. Key was about to burst and completely reveal Jonghyun and Minho’s mutual love for eachother, when there was a loud noise. 

 

Damn it Minho! Why did you leave your shoes in the middle of the hallway? From the bathroom, Minho’s chuckle could be heard. Jonghyun and Key came inside from the balcony. Onew looked at them with a questioning look but understood why. Jonghyun is an idiot. Please, please god, give Jonghyun guidance so he can take care of my brother. Taemin was annoyed. So much drama and he’s barely included in any of it! He was now rifling through bags of snacks that Onew had just gotten from the store. Minho was now out of the shower with one of Onew’s shirts on and just his boxers. Jonghyun blushed which did not go unnoticed by Taemin, who smiled cheekily, thinking about how good his master plan was going. Minho hyung, where are your pants?  Minho walked into the living area with his hands on his hips and his lips puckered into a pout, trying to imitate Key. *high pitched voice has high as it can go* Onew hyung’s~~ pants are all too short Taeminnie-ah. Yah! Minho! Quit trying to be funny and put some pants on, it’s getting late and we haven’t even begun to party. Key this isn’t exactly supposed to be a rager. GUYS!!!! You all are loud and angsty and my 16 year old ears can’t take it anymore! Minho hyung will you come on a walk with me...after you clothe yourself? Um sure Taeminnie. Minho and Taemin exited the room, both fully clothed, leaving the other guys wondering why they left. But, it didn’t matter because they all sort of had a plan for tomorrow. Onew was taking Key shopping and Jonghyun was going to have his talk with Minho. 

 

Outside, Minho and Taemin were walking. Taeminnie, why are we walking out here and what was that outburst? I wanted Onew hyung and Key umma-hyung to be alone together while we can plan. Taemin crossed his arms over his chest, looking like a accomplished everything, with a smug smile on his face. Um...you know Jonghyun hyung is with them. They’re not alone...how exactly do you think Onew hyung and Key hyung are going to spend time together if the loud dinosaur hyung is there? *chuckle* Taemin’s face dropped, and now he felt like an idiot. Damn it! I forgot about Jonghyun hyung! Why is he always there? It doesn’t matter, we are out here to plan for you. I overheard, tomorrow Jonghyun is going to talk to you and ask you questions and try to get you to open up. Will you do it? You know he loves you, so why don’t you let him in? What? He wants to talk to me? I...I can’t open up to him. I don’t know why but every time I open my mouth, I feel like I’m going to disappoint him or hurt him. I know...I know Minho. Just try for me okay? This is a chance for you to release your feelings and maybe...tomorrow will be the day that you guys will be together. You never know. You look like you need a drink, c’mon. Minho looked puzzled, but followed Taemin anyway. Did Taemin even drink alcohol? I’m his hyung, there will be no alcohol tonight, or for a long time. The two arrived at a convenience store and Taemin signaled for Minho to stay put outside. A few moments later, Taemin skipped out holding two banana milks. Minho laughed. Is this your idea of a good drink so I can forget my worries? Minho hyung, just be quiet and drink your milk.

 

A/N: Good news! Updates may be coming quicker now that I have the rest of the story planned out! I hope to update everyday maybe some days updating twice! Thanks to all my subscribers! Hope you enjoy this chapter, the chapters to come, and the story as a whole even if you are not subscribed. Thanks :D