The Soda Drinking Contest

Family Network

A/N: GUYS WHAT I REALIZED! Only. 4. Chapters. Left. I am so sad because I love this story in infinite ways. Please enjoy for what maybe many of you have been waiting for. 

 

You could say that most things were falling into place...most things. However, when the boys, including Kai gathered for their annual soda drinking contest, it was clear that Minho’s competitive side was coming out, something everyone was afraid of. 

 

2 liters of soda was the name of the game. Jonghyun, Taemin, and Key’s dad didn’t like this game very much because since soda was openly available, if Taemin drank any amount of regular soda the sugar would process in lik 5 seconds, and he would be hyper for a long time. Key didn’t participate because he preferred coffee. Taemin wasn’t allowed. Onew had a small stomach, so a small amount of soda was filling enough. Kai didn’t like soda very much. 

 

Usually it was just a competition between Minho and himself. He drank it all, Key timed it, and he went to sleep for two days not to be disturbed. 

 

However, when Jonghyun walked down, clad in all black like the hottest ice cream ninja, and challenged Minho in the soda drinking competition, everyone was surprised as to why someone would go against Minho in the first place. 

 

Jonghyun wanted to squeal like a 6 year old girl getting cotton candy because Minho was wearing Keroro pajama pants, polka-dot socks, and a large comfy looking sweater. He looked like he just rolled out of bed (which he had) and to Jonghyun, it was the most adorable and attractive thing he had ever laid his eyes on, but this competition meant war. 

 

While Key went to get cookies, Onew followed, and Taemin and Kai followed him, uncomfortable by the tension from Jonghyun and Minho. Jonghyun smirked at Minho and pulled his arm so Minho’s ear was next to Jonghyun’s lips. 

 

Minho ah, if I beat you, I get to take you out to dinner. No backing out. You can’t go to sleep after. 

And...if I win...

I’m taking you out to dinner. 

 

Minho didn’t know why Jonghyun was being so weird and cryptic and when he was about to ask why Jonghyun was doing this, Key walked back in, wearing a referee jersey, with a stop watch and whistle around his neck. Key told Onew and Taemin and Kai to cheer and wave their flaming charisma and bling bling foam fingers (their parents had them made so no matter what they did, they could all cheer for them. This didn’t quite work well at Onew’s chess match in middle school, but that’s a whole different story) but the two didn’t feel like cheering, knowing that the two were in the middle of something serious, more than a stupid game. 

 

The two boys drank.

And drank.

And drank.

 

Jonghyun tried to make weird faces at Minho after Key blew the whistle, but nothing could throw off Minho. 

 

More. 

More. 

More soda than humanly possible. 

 

Minho then saw it. Saw the look in Jonghyun’s perfect eyes. The loving, caring, concerned look that he was giving to...her....

 

He’s....looking at me. He’s mine. 

 

Minho then gave up. He stopped drinking the soda. Key gasped...Taemin surprised...Onew not sure what was actually going on. Kai was confused as well. 

 

Minho set down the bottle he was drinking and walked out of the room. 

 

Silence. 

 

Jonghyun’s phone then buzzed. A text from...Minho. 

 

To: Spastic Dinosaur

From: Min-ho-ho-ho Merry Christmas

 

You won. Take me out. 

 

Jonghyun couldn’t wipe the smile off of his face. Is Minho actually willing to let me in?

 

Onew and Key went out that night. Onew played him a song on the piano. Key cried. They kissed. 

 

Kai and Taemin went out that night. To the park to watch fireworks. Kai leaned against Taemin. They kissed. 

 

Jonghyun and Minho went out that night. To dinner. Jonghyun then took Minho back. 

 

They vented. Jonghyun cried. Jonghyun explained everything. Minho didn’t know what to do other than hug him. Minho told him how he felt. It was like removing teeth for Minho, slow, painful, never ending. 

 

All the issues came up. Taemin’s bullying problem, Key getting in trouble so much for what he was, not anything he actually did, and Minho’s mission of protecting the two boys. How he failed with Taemin the other day but was forever thankful to Kai who rescued him. 

 

Jonghyun whispered his confession in Minho’s ear. Minho looked up surprised. Jonghyun kisses Minho in the most emotional kiss that maybe has ever happened. BOOM. Fireworks. Everything was right, natural, Minho was in love and Jonghyun was in love. Jonghyun loved Minho’s long hair, his large hands. Everything. Minho loved Jonghyun’s smile, his laugh, his sense of humor, his honesty. Everything. 

 

They stayed like that until they felt tired. 

 

And while Onew kissed Key goodbye, needing to go back to his apartment so he could get up early the next morning finish the rest of his work and be free the rest of break, Jonghyun laid the frozen Minho back on his bed. Jonghyun wrapped his strong arms around the taller boy. 

 

The two then, in what seemed like an emotional trance and a soda induced coma, slept, like that for two whole days, Jonghyun only opening his eyes a bit to make sure that what was happening was real. 


A/N: HFJhgKJHGJKHDSJKFHDKJHF OTPJONGHO. All I have to say. Thank you for being patient. Only 4 more to go :( but I love you guys for subscribing and I hope you enjoy the chapters to come. :D