Jonghyun Catches Up

Family Network

A/N: Quick update everyone! Yay! I love this chapter so much, I coud not wait to post it so here it is. Please do not rely on 2 updates a day everyday because....school. But I love this story so much I can't help it. If you are reading my other story, it miight be a bit of a wait for updates. This...ah...I cannot handle this couple! Okay also I will only rate a chapter M if it really comes to it but it's really just mostly a sprinkle of colorful language...so...don't freak out. :D

 

Jonghyun was trying not to panic, fearing Minho would be mad at him for being about four hours late. Jonghyun was supposed to pick Minho up at 4 because Minho didn’t have practice and Taemin usually adopted a lazy and boring attitude on saturday afternoons. Key constantly reminded him to not neglect Minho, not that he did or anything, but Jonghyun did tend to hang out with Key and Onew hyung more than the youngers on certain occasions but now that Jonghyun knew his feelings for Minho, he didn’t want to be away from him. 

The car ride seemed to take forever. The stoplights seemed like each of them were a half an hour and there just had to be a pedestrian crossing the street as slowly as possible at every ing crosswalk. Jonghyun felt absolutely terrible. Finally, Jonghyun was pulling into Minho’s driveway and running into the house as fast as possible. The front door was unlocked, it was dark outside and Jonghyun was freaking out. He first looked in Minho’s room, then the basement, then ran over to his own house to see if Minho was still there. He wasn’t. Jonghyun then ran outside to Minho’s shed and opened the doors. Again, Minho wasn’t there! Jonghyun didn’t know where his love went and why he wasn’t where he was supposed to be. After a few minutes of tears falling on his cheeks, Jonghyun thought of the park that had a large field. Minho would often play there when they were younger, and a few times even ran away there when he was too overwhelmed. Jonghyun decided to run there. 

He was right. There was Minho in his football gear and a bag of footballs kicking them harshly into his portable goal. He didn’t look angry, but Jonghyun couldn’t tell. Jonghyun saw that Minho was about to take a few laps around the field so Jonghyun started running as fast as he could to get to him. Minho saw a figure coming near but couldn’t make out who it was until who ever it was was half way across the field. Oh my god. It’s Jonghyun-hyung. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I don’t know if I’m mad at him or angry or sad or scared or anything. it. I’ll run. He can’t catch me. Minho started to take off. His long legs could carry him faster than any of his friends could run however, pure adrenaline and determination allowed Jonghyun to somehow catch up to Minho. Feeling powerful and slightly lightheaded, Jonghyun dove for Minho’s legs, held on, and both were on the ground at the other side of the field panting. Minho was on his side panting, with his hands over his face and getting angrier by the second. KIM JONGHYUN! What the hell is wrong with you?! You could have hurt me!! I am so not in the mood to play games hyung, you can go now to your party while I finish practicing. Minho wasn’t being sarcastic, he was genuinely hurt and Jonghyun could hear it in his voice. Jonghyun had no words. Then he got up pulled his Minho into a sitting position so that he was leaning on Jonghyun. Jonghyun then tightly hugged Minho’s broad shoulders tightly, not ever planning to let go, his heart beating very fast. Minho was very tense in Jonghyun’s arms, not sure what to do. *whispers in ear in a hushed, loving, apologetic tone* Minho-ya, I am so sorry, please forgive me. No one could every forget about you. I admit that I forget a lot of stuff and don’t spend as much time with you as I should but that never means I don’t care, or forgot, and it doesn’t mean...Minho listen...I want to protect you... (Jonghyun wanted to say I love you, but at this moment didn’t want to scare Minho with his feelings because in relationships, Jonghyun knew he himself moved very quickly because when he fell in love, he fell hard. But, he could never see Minho upset, and this time it was his own fault. Jonghyun was now crying.) I don’t need protection and I don’t need someone to tell me they miss me or care about me or anything  just to make me feel better. Onew hyung and you are always at your apartment and Key hyung is busy and Taemin-ah...he...is so concerned with Onew hyung and Key hyung’s relationship. (Minho was now twitching in Jonghyuns arms, so Jonghyun just let him talk while he buried his face in Minho’s long hair and MInho could feel tears on the back of his neck. Minho, listen to me!  I know I am always busy and I spend a lot of time with our hyung and I know Key is very busy and confused and I know Taemin is investing a lot of energy in matchmaking. I know everything but I want you to talk out loud like this to me more often because I treasure every word, every sob, every breath that you take okay? We’re best friends. You know, you build up this wall. It’s like a concrete box that doesn’t have a lock, you fill it with anger and sadness and you lock it away forever, so when it is unlocked, it hurts more than it should. It pains you to share your feelings and it pains you to watch confusion. I hate seeing you work yourself to death working out because you’re angry. I want you to talk to me more. If you ever have something so confusing or depressing...come to me...no one else. I know how to make you feel better okay. We are best friends and I will always be your beloved hyung. (Jonghyun kissed Minho’s forehead and felt him self blush at the sight of Minho blushing.) The two boys then got up and walked back to where the car was parked in the driveway of the Lee and Choi residence. Jonghyun started the car and the quiet drive was emotional, but never awkward. Jonghyun wanted so much to hold Minho’s hand and coax him to say something...but for some reason....right now the diva’s face appeared in his mind and he could just imagine his younger brother dragging him outside by the wrist onto the apartment balcony and yelling at him...again...about neglecting Minho. Jonghyun was now worried....*sniffle sniffle* Hyung...do you have blankets and a good shower in your new apartment? *sneeze* Kekeke...ask your hyung...I have no idea where anything is in our apartment. I broke a lamp and then on...Onew hyung wouldn’t let me move anything around. 

A/N: I don't even know if this chapter is good but I love it as if it were my child. I put a lot of emotion in it and you guys know how hard it is to write raw emotion on paper. Thanks for sticking with me! LOVE YOU GUYS :D