Nightmares With No Figure

The On Coming Storm

 

  I could feel it getting closer to me. This feeling was chasing me, it wasn't a monster, at least not like the normal ones you would think of. This wasn't physically there, I don't know how I got here but I'm here now, my concerns were: getting out and surviving. 
 
  The dark claws were inching closer, I could sense it's covert hands were filling me with this over zealous emotion of dread, darkness, emptiness.  I pushed my legs to their limit in an attempt to escape as the undefinable feelings started to suffocate me. My sight became blurry as the iron grip of the emotion overwhelmed my entire being completely undated by the unavoidable fact that it was suffocating the life out of me.
 
 Stay awake
 
I mentally chanted. 
 
Don't close your eyes
 
Keep running
 
  Something yanked my body by the throat throwing me on the ground. I hit with an inconceivable sense of pain coursing through my frame; something was clawing its way into my chest leaving no room for oxygen. I couldn't fight, I could scream, my body was shutting down. 
 
Darkness
 
It finally came. 
 
  I shot up in bed letting out a desperate scream, my hands flying up to my chest in an attempt to ease a pain that was no longer there, cold sweat covering my body. I ran my hand through my dark roots as I look around the dark room. The only light given was the moon beams leaking through the milky white curtains as they danced with the breeze sneaking in through the window. 
 
  The door opened and Andy was standing there with a sorrowful look in his eyes," Was it the dream again?" I nodded in confirmation. He walked over and sat next to me on the bed, "it's just a dream, it's not real. It can't hurt you." he pulled me into a hug. His heartbeat steadied mine enough for my panic attack to subside. As we walked back and forth he my hair, it's the same thing my mother used to do 
 
  I woke the next morning clinging into Andy. He had, apparently, fallen asleep after coming in my room (which was nothing uncommon in this situation). The sound of a giant bell was heard from outside, which was the first morning bell I was guessing. 
 
  Andy woke up and smiled down at me," All better?" I nodded and smiled. 
 
"All better. We should get up though, we don't want to get on our colleges bad sides the first day of training." he cackled while getting up. 
 
"I think we already have. These guys seem tougher, and meaner, than anyone else we've worked with,or against, before" he pulled out a spare set of clothes from under my bed. 
 
"You already moving in eh? I thought it would take at least a month or two." 
 
"You know I always keep clothes in here just in case you...you know..." 
 
"Have a nightmare..." my face scrunched up. He smiled and ruffled my hair. 
 
"Let's not talk about it right now. Now go get dressed bunny, before I force you out in your pajamas and shove your clothes on."  I stuck my tongue out and rushed to the bathroom. 
 
--------------------------
 
"Gentlemen! The next Jeugum test will be in two weeks, so we need to step up our game. We train twice as hard and push ourselves to the limit. The Higher Ups wont even give us a second thought if we don't, so no excuses!" Yongguk walked back and forth eyeing every one of us as we stood at attention in a line, "do you understand?!"
 
"Yes sir!" 
 
"I can't hear you!"
 
"Yes sir!" our voices yelled in unison. 
 
"Good, now go get your asses on the floor." he slightly smirked as we made our way over to the concrete platform in the center of the training room," now, who will go first?" he scanned the faces of each one of us before settling on mine and smiling,"why don't you go first babydoll, show us what you've got." he winked as I walked out and faced him. 
 
  We bowed toward each other in the polite manner one does before sparring, then the timer sounded its start and Yongguk took no time in charging toward me whipping out his weapon as he came up, swinging it out of its sheath in an attack. I jumped back in time and to the side as I whipped out my kuni, I started throwing them at his  sheathing figure as I ran sideways.   
 
~~~~~~~~~~<~~~~~>~~~~~~~~
 
"He's aggressive, I'll give him that." Andy said aloud, more toward himself than to anyone else. 
 
"Of course he is! He's Bang Yongguk! He's the best at fighting, there's no one else like him!" a tall blonde with blue tint said. 
 
"I wouldn't say that..." I buried my hands in my pockets. 
 
"What's that supposed to mean? You think you can do better than him?" he eyed me. 
 
"Oh I'm not bragging about myself," I threw my hands up in surrender and smirked,"I'm just saying that I haven't met a man alive that has been able to beat Hye Mi. That's all." 
 
 
------------------------
 
 
The battle was almost over, Yongguk had gotten in a couple good hits as that familiar, sticky, red liquid traced my body in various places showing that I had some small wounds. 
 
"What's wrong babydoll? Too tired to carry on? Maybe I should finish you then...I can't have weaklings on my team." Yongguk chortled as we circled each other. 
 
  I lunged forward and as he went to block I dropped to my knees and slid as I went right through his legs, giving him brand new tiny cuts on his calfs. I jumped up behind him and back flipped, kicking him square in the jaw sending him flying back and hitting the floor. 
 
  The room was silent for a few minutes as everyone waited to see Yongguks next move. He shook his head in an attempt to clear it before touching his lip to clean some of the blood. He stood and smiled that mocking smile before clapping. 
 
"We'll done babydoll. I didn't know you had it in you." he motioned for me to walk off the platform and called the name of two other group members. As they walked up one of them hit shoulders with me. Our bodies slightly turned and I bowed my head slightly as he looked stunned for a second before doing the same. 
 
  It was a simple gesture that just passed, but I couldn't explain the tingly feeling that lingered in my shoulder until a few minutes after. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~####~~~~~~~~~
 
yay another chapter! I know, this took forever, but I've been busy and I got sick (I hate being sick -__-) so sleep has occupied a lot if my time. XD anyway, hope you like it, I know it seems a bit random, I got a little stuck with this one and I was constantly changing stuff. But thank you for being patient. And for your lovely patience I just might have a started a one shot collection for you beautiful readers.;)