Death Levels

The On Coming Storm

 

My muscles burned from the horrific training I was putting my body through. "Keep going Hye Mi! Just a few more minutes!" Andy was cheering me on as he kept count. Keeping a perfect handstand for ten minutes will really test your strength physically and mentally. 
 
"Five, four, three, two, one! Go ahead and release." I let my legs fall to the floor with controlled strength as my feet lightly hit the ground. I sat there on hands and knees for a good minute catching my breath before finally standing up. 
 
"Great job, you keep getting better every time." Andy pat my back while helping me up. 
 
"Thanks, now it's time for some sparring. Ready?" I smiled slyly turning my head to rears him. 
 
"You bet!" He raced toward the sparring arena wrapping the white bandages around his hands. We both stood on position as Dae Min prepared the signal. 
 
"On my mark!" We waited patiently, trying to psych each other out. 
 
"Think you can throw me within three minutes?" Andy kept his gaze steady. 
 
"Think? Oh I know I can, just watch me." 
 
"Go!" Dae Min yelled. 
 
  I ran toward Andy and immediately did a round house kick only to miss. His speed skills were phenomenal, and it's no wonder why he's recognized for that. He's the fastest in our dominion. 
 
"That a boy! Keep going guys!" Dae Min was our trainer, although he was only a few years older than us; he was given permission after the 28th level to become a trainer due to an injury awhile back. Andy  lunged toward me with his wooden weapon missing only by an inch as I side swept right past him. 
 
"Damn it" he cursed under his breath before turning to smirk at me, "I knew you would do that. That why I planned a little surprise for you love." 
 
  I looked at him then suddenly felt a throbbing pain in my ribs. I look down to see a small slice cut right through my clothes decorated with a bright red slit tarnishing my flesh. 
 
"You little sneak! Come here!" I lunged toward him. His face decorated with a huge smile as he back flipped out if my grip. 
 
"Can't catch me bunny!" He continued to flip and cartwheel around the training arena. 
 
"Andy! I swear once I get my hands on you you're so screwed!" 
 
"Children! Quit your quarreling!" Dae Min tried to stifle his laughter, "although, he did get you pretty good HyeMi."
 
I stopped and glared at him,"hey!"
 
"Tell you what, if you can catch me, I'll give you a prize."Andy winked before flipping back into a handstand. I was about to go after him again when a man walked in the training room. He made his way up to the arena making Dae Min stand in attention. 
 
"Lee Hyukjae, sir!" he saluted and stood back in attention. The man nodded toward him. 
 
"Lee Hye Mi and Lee Hyun Woo?" the man spoke looking in our direction. We walked over to the edge of the platform and hopped down. 
 
"You two follow me." he started walking back toward the doors. Giving a look toward Dae Min, he motioned for us to hurry. 
 
 
  He led us through Galway after hallway until we stopped in front of the door to a dominion guard office. He opened it to reveal it was empty; he motioned for us to enter and take a seat before walking in behind us. As he came around the two chairs he slapped two milky envelopes on the desk in front of us. 
 
"I bet you're wondering why you're here." he sat down in the chair across from us on the other side of the desk, folding his hands and resting his elbows.  Andy and I exchanged looks for a brief second. 
 
The man smirked," open the letters." 
 
  We reached for the letters addressed to us to reveal a single piece of paper lined with gold edging. 
 
 
"Contestant Number 19941212,
 
  You have been summoned to perform in the Jugeum levels of the Incendia Games. Congratulations. 
 
13477290"
 
"I thought the Jugeum games were just a myth." Andy looked up from his page. 
 
"What did you think happened to the other contestants who passed the 48th level?" the man smirked again as sarcasm dripped from his words. 
 
"I just thought they died. That they never made it passed the next level." Andy was getting a little annoyed with the man's attitude, but kept himself in check. 
 
"Most do. But from the 49th level up are the Jugeum levels, which is something only a certain handful of people actually know about. The rest of the world sees somewhat of a hologram of how they think the games end." the man leaned back in his chair while eyeing us both, "we've been watching you two for some time, and I must say, your fighting skills alone are remarkable. But when you are together you are almost unstoppable. We'd like to see that in the Jugeum levels. So pack your bags, you're being moved to the Imperial dominion." 
 
  Both Andy and I exchanged another look. "You are dismissed. Be prepared to leave by tomorrow morning." 
 
  We both walked out in a bewildered state of mind. Andy gently grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. I looked over at him as he gave me an encouraging smile. 
 
"We'll be ok Mimi, don't worry." I leaned my head on his shoulder as we made our way back to the training room.  Whatever lay ahead of us left a sick feeling in my stomach;something I hadn't felt in this lifestyle for a long time. 
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-\-_-_~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yay! Finally another chapter! ^^ I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting, but I have a good excuse! My new baby sister was born, as well as we moved into our new house all within the passed three weeks. O_O phew, but anyway, hope you enjoy! Comment! I want to hear your lovely voices! (Or...lovely...typing...*cough* ) anyway. I promise I'll try to give you more chapters! 
 
[Gbbi]