Burn, Baby, Burn

The On Coming Storm

 

"You two behave now. I don't want to hear that you're getting into fights with the other kids and leading some sort of Tom foolery." Dae Min was holding Andy and I in a tight bear hug. 
 
"Don't...worry...hyung," Andy said through gasps. 
 
"Dae Min...we learned from...the best." I could feel the oxygen slowly leaving my blood stream as I struggled for air. He gave us one last squeeze before releasing, leaving us hunched over struggling to get air in our lungs and our heart rates normal again. 
 
"I swear, if you get in ANY trouble ill go over there and whip your asses myself, got it?" he pointed at us. We both nodded still in our hunched over position," good, and don't forget that if you ever need anything just let me know." by this time we were looking strait at him. I couldn't hold in my strong urge, and I'm guessing Andy felt the same as we both tackled Dae Min to the ground in a right hug. 
 
"Alright, alright. You two better get going. The  Sinisters don't like to be kept waiting." he gave us each a pat on the back before we stepped on the  jet train that was to take us to our new "home". 
 
  As the train sped off I looked out the window toward the city, the place I was born, where my family is. My chest tightened, I could feel my eyes sting as the salty liquid threatened to spill over and race down my cheeks; I felt arms wrap around my waist and a chin nestle it's way on my shoulder. 
 
"It's gone Andy...our home. It's gone, I can't see it anymore." I leaned my head against his. He and Dae Min were the only people I've ever showm my weak side to. They're like my big brothers, always there to pick me up when I fall. 
 
"I know Hye Mi...but we've got each other's backs. We'll be just fine. Those Jugeum bastards won't know what hit them." I smiled as his attempt to cheer me up worked. I chuckled before turning to hug him. 
 
"You always know how to make me feel better, Andy. Thank you." I squeezed him tighter. 
 
"Any time love" 
 
  The door suddenly opened and an officer stepped in that I recognized to be the one who had given is the letters the day before. His bluei-ish, grey hair lay just above his sharp eyes. 
 
"I hate to interrupt the love fest, but we will be arriving at the Hoshi Hi Stadium. Follow me." he left in the direction he came as we rushed to grab our things and follow. As we caught up to him we noticed that we were pulling into a station right outside of a reasonable sized city. 
 
"Excuse me but, that train ride didn't take very long-" I was cut off by him. 
 
"Hoshi Hi Stadium as only fifty minutes from Jabon City. So it would make sense that the train ride would take even less time getting here." I have a smug look at his back as Andy held in a heavy chuckle to my left. 
 
  As we pulled up to the stadium in the white limousine my heart sped up. My pulse was throbbing and I could feel my stomach doing cartwheels. Andy grabbed my hand as we walked through the doors. 
 
"The living quarters are this way. I trust you'll find everything to your liking." he walked without ever glancing back in our direction. These bastards never consider the fact that we would run away, not follow orders. So arrogantly caught up in their own little perfect, prim, rich worlds. 
 
 "The higher ups figure since the games here at Hoshi Hi are such high end games, they would give the contestants a better living quarters. Think of it as a 'last meal' of sorts  " he gave a smile so close menacing it was ridiculous. I looked at him as his smile smirked upward more before walking into an elevator, the both of us trailing behind him. 
 
"Solders! Assemble!" a speaker roared through the war room as elevator doors opened. Six young men assembled in attention as we walked in. 
 
"Men, welcome your new companions  in the Jugeum levels. They are the first two from the Mizu dominion in fifty years to pass the 48th level."  Hyukjae moved slightly so they could get a better look at us. Andy, never ashamed to show our close friendship never let go of my hand. 
 
  The men all looked at us as if to measure us out. They were trying to spot our weaknesses already, that's how it always was. You find your enemies weakness, and abuse it in such gruesome ways they will welcome death. Everyone knows that it happens in the living quarters of almost all dominion houses. Ours was no different, but Dae Min made sure to keep it to let it happen as little as possible. 
 
"This is contestant number 1990331 Bang Yongguk. He's the trainer and head of the Hoshi Hi dominion house. Following are contestants 1990419, Kim Himchan, 1993628, Jung Daehyun,  1994124, Yoo Youngjae, 199526, Mon Jongup, and 19961015, Choi Junhong." all the men, or rather, boys nodded intimidatingly as they were addressed. 
 
" I do hope you give your new companions a warm welcome. Remember, it could be their last welcome they ever receive from another mense being." his disgusting smirk plastered his face once again as he took his leave, leaving us alone with the men who were sizing up their prey.
 
"I'll show you your rooms." Yongguk stated blandly walking toward the opposite hallway. There were six doors in each hallway, meaning there weren't many contestants that made it this far in the games. He stopped at the first door and opened it for me, then led Andy to his right next door. 
 
~~~~
 
Yongguk turned to lead the new male contestant to his room when he caught a glance at the girl's serenity scars. She had more than he had ever seen before, the same surprise recurred when he glanced at the young man's arm.   
 
  Having them around could prove to be a challenge, mense with that many tattoos would never go down easily. 
~~~~
 
"They had how many?" Himchan had to ask Yongguk to repeat his words once more to fully comprehend each syllable that left his lips. 
 
"At least thirty each. I've never seen anyone with that many scars. They ran up her arm all the way to her elbow." he traced his scars received from power ups achieved in the past; intertwining up his arm in a permanent tattooed state. 
 
"So, what do we do? You know we can't just let them walk in here and expect to be welcomed so easily." Himchan was always quick to consider worst case scenarios. 
 
"We give them the Hwa Jay welcome. Make them feel at home." Yongguk scoffed. He smirked devilishly glancing toward the other hallway that housed the newcomers.
 
Himchan showed the same enthusiasm," I'll let the others know." he stood and left, leaving Yongguk alone with his brain wheels turning and plotting the abuses that lie ahead. 
 
"Let's see how much you squirm" 
 
-----------------—----------------•
Yay! Another update for you beautiful readers! This one is longer too! :D Idrk if I like how it turned out though, I felt like I didn't put enough effort in it. But, I hope you enjoy. Thanks for your lovely support! ^^ drop a comment! I'd love to hear your opinion. 
 
{Gbbi}