FINAL

Will You Go Out With Me Later??

 Daiki sighed in exasperation as he dumped his placard in the nearest trash bin. His heart was beating like crazy...but not in a good way. See, he had worked on that placard the whole night, decorating it with penguin designs and all, but all he gets is this?? A rejection?? Well, he could accept it if it was only a rejection but... "I'm sorry....it's just that... I have to do my priorities first." That line just kept on coming back in his ears..making him annoyed. Making him feel terrible. 

 

 "GAH! DARN IT!" He shouted as kicked the trash bin, not caring if some students or teachers saw him. The hell they care anyway.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 Amu watched her boyfriend pour his anger on the poor trash bin. After that, she took a deep breath, started to walk away, and then proceeded to her tasks. And it took her a loooong time to do those tasks so she stayed in the school until who knows til when.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 "ARIOKA DAIKI, GET THE HELL OUT YOUR HOUSE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I'LL BUST THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR DOOR!!!!!" that yell awoke the sleeping Daiki from his slumber.

 

 "Kim-chan??" he thought to himself as he went out of his room and went downstairs. What is she doing here? He looked at the clock and got quite surprised. THE HELL. IT'S ONLY 5AM.

 

 "OI PENGUIN!!" the girl yelled more.

 

 "What did you do to make her angry like that??" his mom asked him as she just got out of her room.

 

 "WAKARANAI.." he answered as he shrugged his shoulders. He then immediately opened the door for the fear of a CAT busting it.

 

 "What?" He asked the girl in front of him.

 

 "OMAAAERAA!!! WHY DID YOU MAKE AMU-CHAN CRY??!!?" Kim strangled the guy as she yelled.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 Daiki immediately prepared for school and ran as fast as he can towards it. He even forgot to bring his backpack, so now he was running in the streets in his basketball jersey like a total idiot.

 

 "YOU BAKA!! SHE STAYED IN THE SCHOOL FOR SO LONG BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT YOU WOULD COME TO YOUR USUAL MEETING PLACE!! SHE EVEN HAS THE PLACARD THAT YOU THREW!!" Kim yelled at him earlier until his eardrums came out.

 

 Hearing those words, he felt guilty for what he had said to Amu yesterday and so he felt a sudden urge to come to her now. As in RIGHT NOW.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 "She's in the laboratory."

 

 "She's in the library."

 

 "Maybe she's in the cafeteria."

 

 "Try looking for her in the faculty room."

 

 Daiki searched for Amu, but she is nowhere to be found. 

 

 "Oh. Daiki." Yuya said, patting Daiki's shoulder as he and Fai happened to see him in the hallway. "The assenbly for players is in the gymnasium. And you're the Vice President of the Sports Club, you should be there now. The opening ceremonies will start already."

 

 "Nah~ I'm still looking for Amu-chan..."

 

 "Speaking of Amu, you should apologize to her when you see her." the ever so SENSITIVE Fai blurted out. Yuya then stared at her as if to say: :"I was just getting there!" Fai just gave him a you-were-slow look.

 

 "Yeah... I'm looking for her to do that.." Daiki said as he scratched the back of his head. "Do you guys know where she is?"

 

 "She's probably in the gymnasium right now. She'll have a speech later." Yuya replied.

 

  "Hontou?!" 

 

"Yeah," the older guy nodded. "Come on..." he said but then Fai stopped him on his tracks.

 

"We're staying here." she said.

 

"What?" Yuya blinked.

 

"Dai-chan, you go now..." Fai commanded and the guy obeyed then ran towards the direction of the gymnasium. She then fished her phone out of her pocket and sent a message to somebody.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

"Players, please line up orderly and quietly..." Rio, one of the school government officers, announced over the microphone. She then walked towards the sitting figure of a younger girl.

 

"Amu-chan, you okay? Your eyes are still red." she asked as the other girl just nodded.

 

"Daijobu desu, nee-chan." Amu reassured with a fake smile.

 

 "You sure?"

 

 "Yeah.."

 

 "Okay then..." Rio said as she grabbed the microphone once again. "And now, to begin with our ceremonies.. Here is Takaki Yuya, Sports Club President to light the torch---"

 

 "Rio-neechan!!!" Hanna yelled as she came running towards the stage. Rio's attention was caught by her and the girl knelt to ask what was up.

 

 "Nande?" Rio asked. Hanna whispered something to her ear, making sure that Amu wouldn't hear it. As soon as she said what has to be said, Hanna went to the gym's entrance, as if waiting for somebody. Rio on the other hand, stood up and faced the people. 

~.~.~.~.~

 

  Daiki reached the gym and his eyes automatically locked on the girl who sat on theright side of the stage. Amu.

 

"Unfortunately..." he heard Rio's voice all over the place and so he listened to what she was saying over the microphone. "Our Sports Club President is currently unavailable since his leg was injured just this morning. So that'll mean..." she stopped talking and stared at Daiki.

 

A (yet again) running Hanna made her way towards Daiki. "Nii-chan!" she called.

 

"Eh?" he turned to face her. 

 

"This is your chance." she said.

 

"What??" he frowned. 

 

 Just in timing, Rio spoke over the microphone again. "So that'll mean, that the Vice President will do the honors to light the flame. Arioka Daiki."

 

"Oh, so that's what you meant." Daiki said as he smiled at Hanna. "Arigatou na." he then took the flaming torch which was handed him by a senior and with that, he began to run around the gymnasium with it.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 Amu stood up from her seat as she stared at Daiki running all over the place with the flaiming torch held with one hand. Staring at him now, he looked matured...and not the usual corny guy that he is.

 

 Daiki reached and ran around the upper bleachers and there he finally reached the middle part, where the he will light the flame for the school intramurals. His heart beated two times faster than it usually does as a thought passed his mind.

 

He was now only a mere five yards from the big torch. Four yards.. three..two yards...one... He stepped on the platform as he lit the flame. The people cheered loudly. A few seconds had passed and the cheering's volume lowered, GIVING HIM HIS CHANCE.

 

 He closed his eyes and breathed heavily, before the words escaped his mouth. 

 

"AMU-CHAN, GOMEN NE!!! DAISUKI DAYO!!!!!!!!!" he yelled on the top of his lungs. "Anou..." he took a deep breath again and asked something that made the whole crowd cheer again: "WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME LATER????!?!!???"

 

 

                   >>END<<